Whenever gay marriage debates come up there's always blog post style linked studies about how gay couples children do better in school, have fewer cavities, and are just better people. Most of these things can be simply correlated with gay marriages being middle class or or above, but maybe there is a magic gay element. The typical liberal will die before acknowledging that two gay parents cause a child to be any different than any other child, unless a study implies there is some superiority in gay childrearing.

But I know 5 boy children who are now adults who were raised by lesbians. One of these having been raised by a lesbian mother and straight father who divorced early on. The rest being raised by two lesbians. Each of these boys has significant problems with the normal day to day interactions of man with woman. A sort of catholic guilt that applies to being a man rather than all of being. In several of the men, an abiding shadow of being a rapist caused by the chance of any casual contact, to the point of being terrified of sex or intimacy with a girl because rapists do those things.
And then there's an firm loathing of everything male, the male presence and way of speaking, a deep hatred of everything they do.

One of these lesbian raised boys lived in an all lesbian town and had radical lesbian, Rush Limbaugh style feminazi man-hating parents. And he hated being a boy so much that now he's a transexual, but a no questions asked, no psychological screening beforehand required pills prescribing place transexual, a lesbian transexual who doesn't make any attempt to look feminine, and who is passive in sex with lesbians who fuck them with a strapon. and that's just fucked up.

I believe in a traditonal extended family is a pretty successful way to raise children, it takes a village and so on. Nuclear families are distorted enough, single parents are even worse, so a gay household may just be terrible for boys with lesbian parents. I've never met anyone who had gay male parents so I can't say what if any problems this causes. My acquaintances could be a complete aberration of low sample size and 2 out of 5 actually being Catholic. but it's a strange coincidence if so.

It's also possible that the problems with masculinity that lots of men have in late capitalism, the fear of doing any thing like a girl would do it and thus being gay, the fear of false rape accusations, and the general foggyness in a society where being a man is no longer a garuntee of a decent job and smooth life simply become concentrated when they grow up without a father and with parents who are anti male, becoming goony walking balls of insecurity and self loathing. it's hard to say, but the recourse is clear, ban gay marriage, destroy capitalism, create a beautiful new system based on machines doing hard and dangerous work and people living off of the fruits, building these machines, and creating fun theme park experiences for each other.

Edited by Myfanwy ()

I have a female friend who has a lesbian mom and she was def fucked up by being raised by a lesbian mom but everyone gets fucked up by their parents so that's just life I don't think it's necessarily any more fucked up than being raised by straight parents and the issues that brings up for a child, male or female.
[account deactivated]
also what is up with this 'fear of rape accusations' bullshit i always hear about? i'm like super not afraid of false rape accusations because i know that if i were ever in such a situation i would probably be vindicated because rape culture is such that rapists are supposed to get off... and i'm not creepy / socially ill-adjusted enough for 90% of people to even believe such an accusation.
[account deactivated]

DRUXXX posted:
also what is up with this 'fear of rape accusations' bullshit i always hear about? i'm like super not afraid of false rape accusations because i know that if i were ever in such a situation i would probably be vindicated because rape culture is such that rapists are supposed to get off... and i'm not creepy / socially ill-adjusted enough for 90% of people to even believe such an accusation.

I think it's a combination of a girl being able to say a man raped her after even the gentlest consensual sex and there being a decent number of anecdotes of this really happening, especially in the zero tolerance campus culture of the 90s. AAand the general feeling of post first and second wave feminism america where schools and workplaces were reoriented to serve women first and constrain common male urges toward horseplay and being jerks in a friendly way. Aaaand general lack of confidence in yourself as a man deep down, like if I don't do everythign right with this girl, and I make her mad, she can say I raped her and there's nothing I can doooo

That's just in general though, I don't know about you purrrsonally

discipline posted:
what do you think of the S.C.U.M. manifesto?

It seems to be a stupid crazy person's therapeutic writing exercise about an unfair and male dominated world where she was raped and abused by men.

If I had to choose a writer who really hated men I'd pick Andrea Dworkin. All sex is rape, and the best sex is between consenting adults who are happy to acknowledge that and have fun together

[account deactivated]
bahahahaha
i have known many individuals raised in heterosexual households, and let me tell you, these people are Fucked. Up. the men consistently demonstrate misogynistic behavior, up to and including outright abuse, and many of the women don't seem to notice or care. worse yet, they are a goldmine of psychological issues. i can't tell you how many offspring of hetero partnerships i've met who struggled with lifelong depression, anxiety and substance abuse. a few have even committed suicide. it's high time we start to consider whether these heteros are really qualified for the duties of childrearing, IMO.
[account deactivated]

Myfanwy posted:

discipline posted:
what do you think of the S.C.U.M. manifesto?

It seems to be a stupid crazy person's therapeutic writing exercise about an unfair and male dominated world where she was raped and abused by men.

If I had to choose a writer who really hated men I'd pick Andrea Dworkin. All sex is rape, and the best sex is between consenting adults who are happy to acknowledge that and have fun together

andrea dworkin lived with a man for the last three decades of her life, and eventually ended up marrying him

Lessons posted:
i have known many individuals raised in heterosexual households, and let me tell you, these people are Fucked. Up. the men consistently demonstrate misogynistic behavior, up to and including outright abuse, and many of the women don't seem to notice or care. worse yet, they are a goldmine of psychological issues. i can't tell you how many offspring of hetero partnerships i've met who struggled with lifelong depression, anxiety and substance abuse. a few have even committed suicide. it's high time we start to consider whether these heteros are really qualified for the duties of childrearing, IMO.

umm are you being sarcastic?

Edited by Myfanwy ()

I guess the subject is moot cause people are using sarcasm, I know I'm just a former teen runway model but AI have feelings. And I don't think a request for peoples experience with boys of lesbian parentage is so much to ask. I know when I'm not wanted
gay parenting is a drop in the bucket compared to single parenting, imo
Is bad parenting as benign as always claimed?
they fuck you up, your dad and dad
and likewise, would your mum and mum
they give you every flaw they had
and add some extra, just for fun

but they were fucked up in their turn
by claiming an identity
that from the past had nought to learn
but clamoured simply "me me me"

man hands on misery to man
it deepens like a bowl of jism
get out as early as you can
embrace social conservatism
i think the reason for the sarcasm is because you wrote a dumb and offensive post with little thought and a heaping load of stereotypes. maybe you do know a boy raised by actual radical lesbian, rush limbaugh-style feminazi man-haters. or maybe you're an idiot?
i knew a guy raised by his dad. fucked a dog. good dads dont let dads raise kids.
i just wanna know what that skelly man's got in that 'ayeedz vaccine
lets live and let live-- hetero dads or homo dads, trans dads or cis dads, animedads or 3dcon dads-- all dads are beautiful
I think it's interesting to consider that gay parents might not raise children exactly the same as straight parents do but i don't know that we need to make some sort of administrative judgement since it's not really demonstrable that there's anything terribly and consistently wrong going on.

Like isn't it true that children raised by gay parents are more likely to be gay?

edit: http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=7907017

I looked the study up and tried to see what gay blogs were saying about it, they seemed mostly concerned about the right using it to scare people away from gay marriage and such and that it didn't make any sense because apparently they believe that homosexuality is genetic. Anyway, they claimed the study was bunk, but didn't offer any explanation. It very well could be, but I don't really know.

Edited by babyfinland ()

babyfinland posted:
Like isn't it true that children raised by gay parents are more likely to be gay?

one would have to do a lot of work to convince me that any statistics indicating this weren't just demonstrating that children of gays have practically no motivation to stay in the closet

Myfanwy posted:
]umm are you being sarcastic?

in a sense, but also all those things i said are true. perhaps more true than the things you said, and definitely more widespread.

thirdplace posted:

babyfinland posted:

one would have to do a lot of work to convince me that any statistics indicating this weren't just demonstrating that children of gays have practically no motivation to stay in the closet

I think that's simplifying things a little bit. While that probably does have a role to play, I don't think that you can just use that to handwave away the statistical evidence if it's pretty significant, and the study claims that non-hetero identities and behavior are evident from 16 to 57% more often in the children of gay parents. 16, ok sure, but 57?

maybe that's because gayness is genetic and the two gay parents have passed on the gay gene to their childes.
wow 16-57 percent... some real precision there

anyway whats wrong with fucking a butt with a dick from a nother man hahahahaha

Lessons posted:
maybe that's because gayness is genetic and the two gay parents have passed on the gay gene to their childes.

I know literally nothing about genes, do the statistics match up in any sensible way with that hypothesis?

I'm not like fundamentally opposed to the idea of a biological foundation for homosexuality but I think socialization plays a huge role in cultural expression, including sexual behavior, and I think that "gayness" is definitely a culturally specific modality and not some genetic biotruth. I'm very wary of racializing homosexuality via biological determinism because of the way this can be instrumentalized towards a pinkwashing of imperialism. The suggestion of gay modality as something intrinsic in all human societies implies the moral necessity to liberate it, which is clearly cultural imperialism. Claiming that homosexuality is genetic needs to be justifiable in a context where other sorts of behaviors can be argued to have a genetic component, like alcoholism for example, otherwise you run the risk of creating a politically expedient racial category for gays that has no scientific legitimacy. I'm not saying that homosexuality per se is a culturally specific modality, but that homosexuality expressed as gayness is, and we should be careful to distinguish the two and be precise about how we handle the date in light of this.

jools posted:
wow 16-57 percent... some real precision there

it varies with the specific kind of couple he observed you Nonce.

anyway whats wrong with fucking a butt with a dick from a nother man hahahahaha

hahahahhahaha Why U Have Morals. Ponce.

iM Anti-parenting. Fuck parental.

Lessons posted:

lol

e: Really lovin the fotos. good

'gayness' is as genetic as sexual attraction, totally unhelpful when dealing with such an unnatural creature as Hyooman, as such unnatural concept as nature
i dont know any dads
Basically all I'm trying to say is that gayness is a Western cultural modality, and Western culture is not genetic, so to argue that any biological foundations for homosexuality represents a genetic origin for gayness is a pretty huge misstep. To presume that homosexuality can not exist other than in the cultural modality that the capitalist West has developed for it is silly and just wrong, and it plays into the perpetuation of a failed system of gender and sex modalities. To insist on the recreation of capitalist gender and sex modalities elsewhere is to insist on the recreation of capitalism. Im Ho.
wanting to put your penis in other man might be genetic./ Who knows.. Who knows
and then this Innate Urge for Butt is filtered and lathed and shaped into a hardbodied young guy in fake tan and bleached hair rubbing his balls on the leather gonch of another hardbodied young guy in fake tan or something

jools posted:
wanting to put your penis in other man might be genetic./ Who knows.. Who knows

thats not necesarily gay. its only gay if u identify as gay. dont tell me im gay. it was one time. i was lonely. stop looking at me.

babyfinland posted:
Basically all I'm trying to say is that gayness is a Western cultural modality, and Western culture is not genetic, so to argue that any biological foundations for homosexuality represents a genetic origin for gayness is a pretty huge misstep. To presume that homosexuality can not exist other than in the cultural modality that the capitalist West has developed for it is silly and just wrong, and it plays into the perpetuation of a failed system of gender and sex modalities.

still don't think it precludes genetic origins for basic homosexual impulses which may be channeled any number of culturally mediated ways tho.

ya thats what im saying Dog

jools posted:
and then this Innate Urge for Butt is filtered and lathed and shaped into a hardbodied young guy in fake tan and bleached hair rubbing his balls on the leather gonch of another hardbodied young guy in fake tan or something

Nature is beautiful.