Tinkzorg posted:

Groulxsmith posted:
even I'm tired of talking about wddp and I was banned from wddp mostly for talking about how bad wddp was

im interested insofar as some of the idiot turd whining can teach us a thing or two about discussing privilege in a more accessible or less problematic way, but insofar as we're just talking about idiot turds being idiot turds and laughing at the latest Wacky thing some Liberal Progressive Trust Fund Princess said, thats not really interesting in the slightest.

Looks like someone's got a bit too much... Care.

Hawking_Radiation posted:
Looks like someone's got a bit too much... Care.

'sup, maggotmaster

you can shut down a lot of conversations easily by throwing out terms like gaslighting or mansplaining because any form of disagreement involves asserting that someone is wrong to a certain extent which is easily deemed calling someone irrational / condescending to them, at which point folks can throw up a wall and go back to discussing video games and depression

crustpunk_trotsky posted:
you can shut down a lot of conversations easily by throwing out terms like gaslighting or mansplaining because any form of disagreement involves asserting that someone is wrong to a certain extent which is easily deemed calling someone irrational / condescending, at which point folks can throw up a wall and go back to discussing video games and depression

Good.

durr yes let's contemplate the femoligical ramifications of babby's first fps Team Heavy 2 in lieu of savoring a fine paradox mapgame. hurr shuhrr
diap up and talk about skyrim all night comrades

crustpunk_trotsky posted:
durr yes let's contemplate the femoligical ramifications of babby's first fps Team Heavy 2 in lieu of savoring a fine paradox mapgame. hurr shuhrr

paradox mapgames own because theyre really, really racist

Infrateal come post here
Badcrumble come post here
Enjoying the marxsplainign, gasligting, mansplaining, Theorysplaining, Forumsplaining, general stalinarium, Tyrannasoring, talling up, latent fucktardedness, censoria, and naked capitalismis going on in this thread. Gonna have to take this to the mod forum. Rhizzone will be closed soon
Oh and by the way, don't think you can get Explaining past me and swamp man. Fair warning
marxsplaining: chris hitchens is dead
This forum is less funny than YOSPOS and about as informative as D&D.
[account deactivated]

SO then its fairly fucken cool? Mods?

-woops wrong thread ignore-

brother, i agree that rhizzone has its problems, but don't you have better shit to do with your time? it's not like you even get interesting reactions either

Internet bigots and their feckless opponents are very important

Edited by babyfinland ()

[account deactivated]
I for one am not afraid to post post post in this new type of society we have created called the internet.

Edited by reignofevil ()

i think mostly a problem is that posting is one tenth inspiration and all the other tenths respiration, that is, you want to make good posts you work hard at it/them.. i think people might lurk just because they're not practiced writers. this forum & the ideas behind it cater to ultra-literate people who are able to write hundreds of words with sound grammar, logic, overall structure, and oftentimes a specific aesthetic sense. that isnt to say we're smarter than people who dont post here. maybe we need a thread where people are encouraged to make a 500-1000 word post every day, perhaps to a prompt or perhaps ex niholio?? just a thot
Am I mistaken or did this site not begin merely as a collection of cool articles that were considered diamonds among the rough in LF, and the forum offshot from there?

Because if so, I think we need not worry about getting the 'common man' in here, this place has one of the most chill posting standards of any forum I have ever been on, and seems to have intelligent people eager for genuine discourse and POSTS POSTS POSTS. It could be that the common man will never enter the words "rhizzone" into google, but I don't know too much that can be done about that.

Unbridled discussion leads to those that seek knowledge (anybody that could be realistically desired) to contribute, and contributing leads to being a thousand word post superstar eventually.

Not to say we should not encourage our userbase however, I wholeheartedly support the idea of incentives to teach the art of gold posting.
one of the coolest things about that wuming essay i posted was that it was the culmination entirely of a message board discussion they had on their italian blog. i was like hey, yeah, this is how collaborative essays are formed. maybe we should try that on sometimes
Episode 3 of Black Mirror has me seriously thinking about deleting my facebook.... especially with the new "timeline" feature coming soon..

shennong posted:
i looked at wddp after i saw it mentioned here but it seems to be like 95% about videogames and p&p rpgs and 4/5 posts are contentless shitposts. i prefer here where its like a bunch of seriousposts and then a tpaine nonsequitur post

your math doesnt add up sir

aerdil posted:
Episode 3 of Black Mirror has me seriously thinking about deleting my facebook.... especially with the new "timeline" feature coming soon..

it made me think of all the times ive been to parties and pretended not to know the names of attractive people whose holiday albums i had clicked through, even when it turned out i actually had met them before

when the couple has memory sex i laughed but then i thought it was actually an amazing idea considering they were still new parents, who (in late capitalism) normally dont have time or energy to make sex worthwhile. isnt it the perfect solution to mutually masturbate with your eternally sexy & youthful partner, upon whom you so effortlessly projected your own desires all those years ago, and bypass the difficulties in projecting those desires on your partner's now exhausted, flabby shell? The show portrays this as a depressing thing - how sad that these once-young once-lovers cannot even look at each other while they copulate! - but i'd bet that any number of parents would see the upsides of this over simply being too exhausted to physically perform the rituals needed to bring out the necessity and urgency that gives meaning to sex, and thus never bothering ever

also theres an interesting dichotomy of control and understanding, in play between episodes 2 and 3. in episode 2 the guy has no control doesn't especially care for others or try to understand them except to the extent that through them he can realise control in his own life. he begins to understand the system hes trapped in and with this understanding he single-mindedly pursues his objective of facing his rulers and holding them to account, but loses interest in this understanding once he is given his own apartment and tv show, in full control. In episode 3 however the main guy has total control but his neurotic obsession with understanding everything he sees causes him to realise how little control he ever had, in the end rejecting control altogether by pulling out the device that burdened him with understanding.

nothing else to say other than its been really amazing work from Charlie Brooker who should really be looking to carve a career doing razor sharp social satire of this type than the boneheaded crap he wound up doing on 10 o clock live

mathS. my maths dont add up.

Goethestein posted:

shennong posted:
i looked at wddp after i saw it mentioned here but it seems to be like 95% about videogames and p&p rpgs and 4/5 posts are contentless shitposts. i prefer here where its like a bunch of seriousposts and then a tpaine nonsequitur post

your math doesnt add up sir

Impper posted:
one of the coolest things about that wuming essay i posted was that it was the culmination entirely of a message board discussion they had on their italian blog. i was like hey, yeah, this is how collaborative essays are formed. maybe we should try that on sometimes

ok lets do it.

goey code a mechanism 4 collaborative posting. lets take this shit to the next level!!!
if the rhizzone is to become an internet phenomenon it will only be through deconstructing the supposed singularity of the Post by having as many trinkets, widgets, and nonsensical useless features as possible
[account deactivated]
yeah. like that.
[account deactivated]
if we dont radically disrupt the very notions of 'post' 'poster' and 'forum' how the FRIG am i supposed to get published in the new yorker!!!

deadken posted:
goey code a mechanism 4 collaborative posting. lets take this shit to the next level!!!

a joey gui allowing 3d rhizomatic tree/node cluster posting. everythings coming up milhouse!

joseph build me a table. with legs.

ups, send me a novelty lamp.
i got a detailed rejection from the new yorker for my french revolution story hahahah
i had to look up gaslighting and lmao
its cool how many words have been made up in the last two years to justify being a spastic basket case
[account deactivated]