reignofevil posted:
Isn't Ron Paul's "Solution" to just outsource our wars to PMC's?

If so, I would argue Obama is better because if we are gonna kill brown people, at least we are owning up to it being us doing it, not just some company paid for by us, armed by us, and based in our country (but still totally not your blood on our hands we have no idea where you got that impression).

yes, ron paul wanted to issue to letters of marque in response to 9/11

Well in that case, Obama is doing a better job in "national defence"

That said, if I could just elect Paul as "government drug legalizer" and that was the only powers he would be granted, he would totally have my vote.
americans only oppose wars when american soldiers begin dying. the concept of owning up to the consequences of war is more of a moot point than ever when you have drones doing war for you
Well, since no candidate is offering a path where we don't kill the brown people, I would rather it be done by the hypothetically regulated military (or at least the semi adequately documented military so the history books can semi accurately state what dicks we were) then the "regulated" PMC's we would get with Paul who would probably just throw it all on the fire no matter what and fuck anybody who cares they are probably a terrorist so we really oughta bomb their house.
paul regularly talks about the actual reasons people hate imperial USA. thats all that really matters
i don't see the useful difference between the use of a professional state military to achieve the goals of capital and paying private contractors to do the same, even putting aside the fact that the distinction between the two is already fairly illusory. unless you believe in some kind of appeal to a sense of propriety or international law or something

babyfinland posted:
paul regularly talks about the actual reasons people hate imperial USA. thats all that really matters

talk is cheap

Groulxsmith posted:
i don't see the useful difference between the use of a professional state military to achieve the goals of capital and paying private contractors to do the same, even putting aside the fact that the distinction between the two is already fairly illusory. unless you believe in some kind of appeal to a sense of propriety or international law or something

obviously there isn't, and obama is actually already doign what you guys are saying paul wants to do. the thing is, paul challenges liberals on their anti-war credentials and that is politically productive

"challenging liberals" on anything doesn't matter

liquidating them as a class does
lol as if asking liberals to confront their rank hypocrisies will do anything
in order to murder the liberals with our enormous cache of arms we have to convince some people that they deserve death
i understand that ron paul is probably better than obama in that he seems to have a principle, but i'm not comfortable with making excuses for any prez candidate for why they'd be okay. that's how obama over romney or whoever starts
i think paul would be pretty terrible as a prez. there can be no such thing as a good president right now tbh
oh yeah well obviously any president is going to be horrible. idk, i'm just questioning why the election should be debated at all, or whether there's really anything to debate

Impper posted:
oh yeah well obviously any president is going to be horrible. idk, i'm just questioning why the election should be debated at all, or whether there's really anything to debate

we're all going to die. the only thing deserving of our attention is our relationship with Allah subhana wa ta'ala

Impper posted:

why not debate

its fun

my entire political solution to contemporary problems involves cloning stalin

Impper posted:
i understand that ron paul is probably better than obama in that he seems to have a principle, but i'm not comfortable with making excuses for any prez candidate for why they'd be okay. that's how obama over romney or whoever starts

ron paul is better than obama because ron paul's economic policies will undoubtedly crash the american economic system and deal a mortal blow to liberal-capitalism.

the choice is clear come november. vote for the nazbol candidate you can trust to destroy the west

Imo the best thing would be tactically support paul's "anti-imperialism" against obama until paul gets gop nomination, then savage both of them while agitating for a mass movement which demands positional demands (ending the war, funding welfare and social programs, labor rights), all of which by the way are impossible, and thus will pave the way for a truly political revolutionary base. Obama would probably win the election, and that would be good since there will definitely be very little positive change a Paul presidency made on the foreign front, and there will be a massive catastrophe on the domestic front, even more so than Obama. A domestic catastrophe would mean more resources would be tied up to rebuild by the mass movement, and that's unacceptable. Federalism is key to oppression in the United States, jim crow and slavery are just its more prominent examples. Paul is the federalist candidate, and we need a centralist with a mustache re: getfiscal

Crow posted:
Imo the best thing would be tactically support paul's "anti-imperialism" against obama until paul gets gop nomination, then savage both of them while agitating for a mass movement which demands positional demands (ending the war, funding welfare and social programs, labor rights), all of which by the way are impossible, and thus will pave the way for a truly political revolutionary base. Obama would probably win the election, and that would be good since there will definitely be very little positive change a Paul presidency made on the foreign front, and there will be a massive catastrophe on the domestic front, even more so than Obama. A domestic catastrophe would mean more resources would be tied up to rebuild by the mass movement, and that's unacceptable. Federalism is key to oppression in the United States, jim crow and slavery are just its more prominent examples. Paul is the federalist candidate, and we need a centralist with a mustache re: getfiscal

agree

so i agree with zizek and corey robin here, the way forward is a mass movement with a strong central state. imagine trying to build from some federated ruined nightmare back into democratic centralism. imagine all the energy and revolutionary potential that has been lost by war-ravaged USSR and China in rebuilding. its not like a strong American state will be able to deal with our impossible (reasonable) demands anyway, we dont need to tear the whole thing down. apply the emergency breaks, like benjamin sez. Then accelerate
[account deactivated]
ahaha i dont think im ready for that asshole
[account deactivated]

Crow posted:
so i agree with zizek and corey robin here, the way forward is a mass movement with a strong central state. imagine trying to build from some federated ruined nightmare back into democratic centralism. imagine all the energy and revolutionary potential that has been lost by war-ravaged USSR and China in rebuilding. its not like a strong American state will be able to deal with our impossible (reasonable) demands anyway, we dont need to tear the whole thing down. apply the emergency breaks, like benjamin sez. Then accelerate

i.e. latin america

Groulxsmith posted:
americans only oppose wars when american soldiers begin dying.

this is why its good when troops die

"i got the mass mass movement the mass movement the mass mass movement the mass movement" - the roots

babyfinland posted:

Crow posted:

i.e. latin america

Im not as familiar with that situation. Whassup there. Whats there about? Whats goin on

Groulxsmith posted:

I just couldn't stand how fucking smug the people propping up the PMC system would undoubtedly be when told to stop fighting wars.

I can already here it now "Nope we haven't started any wars, wars are clearly between states and neither the shitty guerrilla forces we are fighting or our own company are states, ergo this is just a security action against targets"

Fuck that shit.

Plus, voting Paul simply because you don't think there is a difference between the two options is still voting for a liar because he told you the other liar was doing a bad job doing the same thing he wants to do.

Why even change at that point?

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:

Crow posted:

i.e. latin america

Im not as familiar with that situation. Whassup there. Whats there about? Whats goin on

like chavez and morales and argentina and whatnot building mass movements that intergrate into the state in a positive way

china is another example of integrating mass movements. into their tire treads! haha i kid.
well, folks, here it is: The Obama Peace Dividend

Obama unveils leaner U.S. defence strategy
Spending to be cut by at least $489 billion over 10 years

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/01/05/obama-military-us.html
everybody should vote ron paul in order to collapse the house of cards that is the amerikkkan economy
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
theres nothing inherently good about anything.
[account deactivated]
some troops actions are "inherently Good":

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego police say a Navy SEAL is on life support after accidentally shooting himself in the head.

Officer Frank Cali tells U-T San Diego that officers were called to a home in Pacific Beach early Thursday morning on a report that a man had been playing with a gun and accidentally shot himself.

Cali says the man was showing guns to a woman he'd met earlier at a bar and put a pistol he believed was unloaded to his head. Cali says he then pulled the trigger.

In a statement, Cmdr. Collin Green says the Naval Special Warfare community is saddened by the incident and extends "our hearts and prayers" to the family in this difficult time.

off the top of my head, this is the second documented incident where pua resulted in someone getting shot in the face

Lol
thank god for pua