[account deactivated]
death to rapists. sounds like the beginning of a classic controversial maggotmaster thread
sex work is degrading unsafe and exploitative. a job like any other
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
we could put it on the same moral plane as selling organs. you used to be able to make good money in india selling your own kidneys until a bunch of big government assholes stifled the market with regulation
[account deactivated]
what prevents regulation of sex work from automatically inducing a black market with violations more sinister than existed in the first place? unless the market economy ceases to exist, i don't see where regulation (unless VERY strictly enforced lol) can make things any better for women.

NounsareVerbs posted:
what prevents regulation of sex work from automatically inducing a black market with violations more sinister than existed in the first place? unless the market economy ceases to exist, i don't see where regulation (unless VERY strictly enforced lol) can make things any better for women.

hmm yes the law of unintended consequences. bet you didn't know barney frank personally caused the subprime crisis too

wage labor is inherently degrading, thats why i joined an autonomist sex co-op

gyrofry posted:
wage labor is inherently degrading, thats why i joined an autonomist sex co-op

"I'm sorry sir, but Doris here has seniority"

tpaine posted:
fucking capitalism ruins everything. all i want is to be able to pay for sex without feeling bad about it

word, i cant wait for the revolution bc under communism women will have to have sex with me for free

cleanhands posted:

tpaine posted:
fucking capitalism ruins everything. all i want is to be able to pay for sex without feeling bad about it

word, i cant wait for the revolution bc under communism women will have to have sex with me for free

actually under communism prostitution and other forms of sexual exploitation would disappear and monogamy would be the basis of the family unit

umm surely it is the vapid prostitutes who are exploiting poor oppressed men forcing them to sell their hard earned labour for a mess of peepee

Groulxsmith posted:
actually under communism prostitution and other forms of sexual exploitation would disappear and monogamy would be the basis of the family unit

Agreed.

huxley's syndicalist 'island' had mutual adoption clubs. http://www.trivia-library.com/a/utopia-theory-in-history-aldous-huxley-pala.htm

Family/Marriage/Sex: While the attitudes of the islanders toward marriage are rather traditional, their attitudes toward sex and the family are not. Everyone on the island belongs to a Mutual Adoption Club (MAC). The MAC consists of from 15 to 25 assorted couples, made up of newlyweds, couples with growing children, and grandparents. Along with blood relations, everyone has deputy mothers and fathers, aunts and uncles, and so on. This allows children freedom from their parents, and parents from their children. Islanders practice a yoga of love similar to the male continence practiced at the Oneida colony in America (Huxley uses Oneida to describe sexual behavior on his island), and this system is called Maithuna. Sexual liberation exists without sexual jealousy. Artificial insemination is widely practiced by the islanders so that families have a variety of types. Children are limited to 3 per family, though most islanders stop at 2.

Groulxsmith posted:

cleanhands posted:

tpaine posted:

that moufawad guy is under the impression that communism is gonna destroy the family

After the revolution there will be no grey areas and everything will exist in retarded easy to understand absolutes.
By Engels:

What will be the influence of communist society on the family?

It will transform the relations between the sexes into a purely private matter which concerns only the persons involved and into which society has no occasion to intervene. It can do this since it does away with private property and educates children on a communal basis, and in this way removes the two bases of traditional marriage – the dependence rooted in private property, of the women on the man, and of the children on the parents.

And here is the answer to the outcry of the highly moral philistines against the “community of women”. Community of women is a condition which belongs entirely to bourgeois society and which today finds its complete expression in prostitution. But prostitution is based on private property and falls with it. Thus, communist society, instead of introducing community of women, in fact abolishes it.

shennong posted:

Groulxsmith posted:

cleanhands posted:

tpaine posted:

that moufawad guy is under the impression that communism is gonna destroy the family

well that is expressly the goal of cultural "marxists"

[account deactivated]
is that a euphemism for kibbutzes or something
how did they feel about transgressive sexuality tho. i mean is there an option where everyone just lives in a big room and screws all the time

shennong posted:
how did they feel about transgressive sexuality tho. i mean is there an option where everyone just lives in a big room and screws all the time

what's transgressive about that.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
Excuse me, Mamn, I was wondering which party affiliation box to mark if my primary motivating political goal for a BEtter world is to be able to stick my dick in whatever I want as often as I like

that's real

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilitarianism

shennong posted:

liberal capitalism

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
Excuse me What's the best party to join if I want to 420 smoke crack and play music as loud as I want in my apartment all day

Libertarian.

Also if there was a giant sex romp room everybody lived in I would probably be about as monogamous as I am now, since I would rather have sex with people I like and respect than just any stranger with a gaping orifice.

alan moore and penn jillette are polyamorists.
actually i like my family and want to raise & teach my kids myself and im still not sure why thats supposed to be inferior to communal education

sorry this is a tangent i guess but i want to know for real. how am i supposed to prevent secret liberals in my community from teaching my children in an ideologically incorrect manner

getfiscal posted:

shennong posted:

what's transgressive about that.

tbh i dunno. whats transgressive these days

weird communal things like sharing sexual partners and giving up the young to be raised uniformly while we build tractors or farm radishes strikes me as radicalism for all the wrong reasons. (i don't like this phrasing but i can't think of any other way,) it really comes across as a denial of our humanity or something
that really comes across transparently liberal and humanist. wow, just wow

Groulxsmith posted:
weird communal things like sharing sexual partners and giving up the young to be raised uniformly while we build tractors or farm radishes strikes me as radicalism for all the wrong reasons. (i don't like this phrasing but i can't think of any other way,) it really comes across as a denial of our humanity or something

lest we forget, Human Nature is actually perfectly centered around and the modes of production and social configuration of 50's america, anything else is denying our humanity and is thus doomed to fail

if you don't have a ideal, even a nostalgic fictional one that may have never existed, it is much harder to rationalize support for radical ideas. dealing too heavily in abstraction breeds all kinds of problems imo
if i liked england or english culture i would really love that john major quote about warm beer and pools fillers
i support johns because Aesthetics but am uncomfortable with the existence of sex workers not out of moral concerns but because i hate all women, help help im stuck in a dumbass deadlock
yo i just ate 4 tacos and last night i ate a fat burrito my guy