expect a statistically significant increase in references to the Proletarian Science of Marxism-Leninism in useless californian rags shortly
congrats. i wrote opinion pieces for my school paper all the time, it owned
lmao are any of them online
thing is the daily bruin prides itself as a Serious News Organ For the Ucla Community, which translates into shitloads of stories about A Student Saw A Black Man On Levering Avenue And Hid In A Shrub and editorial cartoons in which lil people are depicted slipping from a pan labelled 'midterms' into a fire labelled 'finals'..... not sure how well any meditations on althusserian antihumanism or dissatisfaction with the senselessness of the Real will fit in......
what are you doing in la anyway?

grats on the job though, I hope you lay down some truth
the school site went thru a ton of changes so idk. most of them were me trolling under pseudonyms with far right bullshit
deport dead ken back to australia imo

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
what are you doing in la anyway?

grats on the job though, I hope you lay down some truth

snortin coke, fuckin dimes, encounterin the Real

im on an academic exchange. Lol

deadken posted:
encounterin the Real

in Los Angeles?.....

deadken posted:
ken news: i got an internship at the ucla student paper lol. as an opinion columnist lmao

i'm going to read it

deadken posted:
encounterin the Real

in Los Angeles?.....

the secret is that virtuality IS the Real

deadken posted:

deadken posted:
encounterin the Real

in Los Angeles?.....

the secret is that virtuality IS the Real

*mind blown*

Have you read America by Baudrillard by the way? It's cool

books where an astonished european intellectual scratches his head about america are awesome
agreed. i read that while i was in paris so i could get into his mindset, and its just so claustrophobic with history and culture and little putting renaults that the space and blankness of america (or australia for that matter) seems inconceivable...sacre bleur!

seriously tho can i have an invite to library.nu, im going on holiday in a week and need to load up my kindle with stolen knowledge.

agreed. i read that while i was in paris so i could get into his mindset, and its just so claustrophobic with history and culture and little putting renaults that the space and blankness of america (or australia for that matter) seems inconceivable...sacre bleur!

seriously tho can i have an invite to library.nu, im going on holiday in a week and need to load up my kindle with stolen knowledge.

Quoting in case poster edits.

You heard it here first. Despite railing about first world modernist excess, IWC literally flew to paris to better understand a Baudrillard novel. Bourgeois excess at it's most pure.

LIterally traveling to exotic locales for leisure and also exploiting sex workers probably with the money his family got from owning the Aboriginal Zoo or whatever involvement was with taht establishment
why are people still asking for invites to library.nu. Lol. noobs

Impper posted:
books where an astonished european intellectual scratches his head about america are awesome

im goign to write one

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Quoting in case poster edits.

You heard it here first. Despite railing about first world modernist excess, IWC literally flew to paris to better understand a Baudrillard novel. Bourgeois excess at it's most pure.

i literally flew there.

Besides this argument is so boring, you could have saved numerous lives with your earnings from the last week but chose not to in favour of your own pleasure, makes u think...

Besides, I didn't go to Paris just to read Baudrillard, that's stupid, I was there selling black market Angolan ivory.
also children. white children
What's Impper's book on library.nu called
Oh it's Fuck and Destroy? i thought you guys were talking about some well known book with that thread about it.

Dutifully going to read Fuck and Destroy now
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
No one can have an invite for library.nu because the website has closed registration. I'll give you access to my account if you want but I want access to one of your accounts as collateral or you can just tell me what you want in PM and I'll see what I Can do..

same fwiw

i like where he writes about canyons and rock formations and driving around in the desert

library.nooooooooooooooo
I have a donator account there and I get invites every once in a while, it seems. anyone who has an account already should donate something and share out. I already sent my invite for this month or w/e to someone on badgame. but thats how you do it

I think also that library.nu just links to places on ifile where the actual document is, sort of like aarg using megaupload or w/e. so conceivably you could just pass people the ifile links directly? I don't know

i dont have any invites but i can zip every book i ever stole from there, including a lot of other cool stuff like limonov, for yah

i would like that. also, all limonovs
I guess library.nu invites regenerate. pm me for one.

deadken posted:
ken news: i got an internship at the ucla student paper lol. as an opinion columnist lmao

i know a guy taht goes to ucla. small world huh

i wouldn't go to UCLA because you pronounce that as "you-claw" in klingon and that means gay. well okay it doesn't mean gay precisely because that's a modern western term and klingon sexual mores developed autonomously (despite having a common ancestor). the correct word for gay is pronounced something like "you-claw"
ok
it died

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/international-publisher-alliance-shuts-down-piracy-site.html
mostly textbook/academic publishers, lol. dont piss off the textbook racket
well at least theres still arg and mediafire but im getting nervous

mistersix posted:
well at least theres still arg and mediafire but im getting nervous

whats arg? and is mediafire just googling book title + mediafire

aaaaarg dot org. its like a community-maintained library.nu in taht you can put up requests and maybe someone will have the book and upload it. a lot of the links they have go to mediafire, although a lot of them go to ifile which is annoying now