BREAKING NEWS: bin laden wear cowboy hat

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

MadMedico posted:

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/07/08/59141.htm

Target's offensive "multi-cultural tips" for managers inform bosses that not all Hispanic employees eat tacos, dance to salsa or wear sombreros, former employees say in Superior Court.
Robert Gonzalez, Bulmaro Fabian and Pedro Garcia-Ayala sued Target Corp. in Yolo County Court.
They claim they suffered crude harassment, discrimination and retaliation at work, and that Target's tips for managers are offensive in themselves.
"Target provided its distribution warehouse managers a document titled, 'Organization Effectiveness, Employee and Labor Relations Multi-Cultural Tips,'" the complaint states. "This document instructs managers to note differences among Hispanic employees, and states the following:
"a. Food: not everyone eats tacos and burritos;
"b. Music: not everyone dances to salsa;
"c. Dress: not everyone wears a sombrero;
"d. Mexicans (lower education level, some may be undocumented);
"e. Cubans (Political refugees, legal status, higher education level); and
"f. They may say 'OK, OK' and pretend to understand, when they do not, just to save face."

I had a textbook w/ that picture in my middle school home ec class. We got to have a really awkward conversation irl over if it was racist or not

[account deactivated]

peepaw posted:

cleanhands posted:

MadMedico posted:

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/07/08/59141.htm

Target's offensive "multi-cultural tips" for managers inform bosses that not all Hispanic employees eat tacos, dance to salsa or wear sombreros, former employees say in Superior Court.
Robert Gonzalez, Bulmaro Fabian and Pedro Garcia-Ayala sued Target Corp. in Yolo County Court.
They claim they suffered crude harassment, discrimination and retaliation at work, and that Target's tips for managers are offensive in themselves.
"Target provided its distribution warehouse managers a document titled, 'Organization Effectiveness, Employee and Labor Relations Multi-Cultural Tips,'" the complaint states. "This document instructs managers to note differences among Hispanic employees, and states the following:
"a. Food: not everyone eats tacos and burritos;
"b. Music: not everyone dances to salsa;
"c. Dress: not everyone wears a sombrero;
"d. Mexicans (lower education level, some may be undocumented);
"e. Cubans (Political refugees, legal status, higher education level); and
"f. They may say 'OK, OK' and pretend to understand, when they do not, just to save face."

do mexicans really not wear sombreros, why not. if i wasnt so scared of culturarl appropriation id rock one on the reg

because they wear cowboy hats

only the paisas wear cowboy hats

cleanhands posted:

do mexicans really not wear sombreros, why not. if i wasnt so scared of culturarl appropriation id rock one on the reg

my spanish rosetta stone is trying to convince me that "sombrero" is spanish for "hat" but none of the mexican guys i work with agree with that

roseweird posted:

i love how while greasy red-faced white people leer at her she is eating her white rice with vegetables with complete and almost unearthly tranquility, a walkway model tilt to her head, and perfect make up

perfect? her t-zone looks a little shiny

roseweird posted:

she is eating her white rice with vegetables with complete and almost unearthly tranquility, a walkway model tilt to her head, and perfect make up

i interpreted her facial expression as being one of disgust and malice.

perhaps i have some sort of reverse-autism where i overly interpret faces/emotions?

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
just the way shes looking down her nose with her lower jaw pushed forward reads as "i'm disgusted" to me.

though maybe she just has big cheeks and its an awkward angle and she isn't actually extending her jaw
chin implant

roseweird posted:

codywilson posted:
cleanhands posted:
my spanish rosetta stone is trying to convince me that "sombrero" is spanish for "hat" but none of the mexican guys i work with agree with that

the usual word is "gorra"

gorra is like, a baseball cap. sombreros are hats with a brim that goes all the way around, for shade. shade is "sombra" ergo a sombrero is a shade-maker

[account deactivated]
Racism: Quite Irritating.
[account deactivated]

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u308/haroo27/Australia_post_racism.jpg

Hahahaha

so what's your excuse for harassment?

racism.

Sorry, that's no excuse for harassment.

ilmdge posted:

http://i.imgur.com/HzT2ilO.png

What forum is this from?

they shouldve had an option: "i object to the phrase 'revferse' racism... racism is racism" it wouldve gotten all the votes.

toy posted:

ilmdge posted:

http://i.imgur.com/HzT2ilO.png

What forum is this from?

personality cafe. t's a ofrum full of people that do those intp enfj whatever tests, im a prominent poster there

roseweird posted:

i love how while greasy red-faced white people leer at her she is eating her white rice with vegetables with complete and almost unearthly tranquility,

I know right? she could at least have used a knife and fork.

Edited by harass ()

is this how you met ur gf, iwc?

Yes, yes, no

gyrofry posted:

chin implant

chinplant

the rhizzone: an often clumsy negotiation towards a formally inclusive language