d4ky posted:

harass posted:

cultural marxists

what the hell is "cultural marxism?" conservative bloggers use this phrase all the time, but they can't seem to come up with a definition that they can all agree upon. they also throw around the "frankfurt school" pretty liberally as a source of all evil in the world, but they use it to refer to things that really have nothing to do with the ideas of the frankfurt school. like what is this? you sound like one of them. explain yoself foo

Cultural hegemony, as within the framework of gramsci's ideas.

HenryKrinkle posted:

d4ky posted:

conservative bloggers use this phrase all the time, but they can't seem to come up with a definition that they can all agree upon.

"political correctness" "post modernism" "cultural relativism" "multiculturalism" etc. same thing

there was a brief time period when "Baran Wallerstein" was used the way they use "Cloward Piven" today. too bad that faded away it could have gotten more people interested in Third Worldism and dependency theory.

interesting, all this time I thought Cultural Marxism was just something invented on the diaper fetish forum we all came from, now I know it was merely an extension of it

roseweird posted:

can you stop making these terrible posts, tyia

alright grandma, im getting off your lawn go watch your stories post some more on turd play

d4ky posted:

you sound like one of them. explain yoself foo

for an easy-going group of comrades, you sure get uptight about livening up a content-free, dull thread.

my comment was flippant, I used ‘cultural marxism’ as interchangeable with ‘politicaly correct’

i see your point - using the term ‘cultural marxism’ does imply that I believe the frankfurt school has worked some vast conspiracy to control the hearts and minds of the free people of the west.

I see pc as just another way to supress individuals; government and corporations have taken to institutionalized indoctrination of pc with immense enthusiasm.

suppressing individuals ftw

Edited by blinkandwheeze ()

Groulxsmith posted:

interesting, all this time I thought Cultural Marxism was just something invented on the diaper fetish forum we all came from, now I know it was merely an extension of it

what in the hell are you even talking about?

I for one am sick and tired of ignorant rubes conflating the illuminati with the Jewish conspiracy. The illuminati is nothing more than a pale atheist/protestant imitation of the mighty elders of zion.

marimite posted:

The smarter ones will say it mostly has to do with Gramsci's ideas about cultural hegemony, but really the content of these philosophies doesn't matter here, as for them it's merely a cover for a Jewish conspiracy.

HenryKrinkle posted:

"political correctness" "post modernism" "cultural relativism" "multiculturalism" etc. same thing

there was a brief time period when "Baran Wallerstein" was used the way they use "Cloward Piven" today. too bad that faded away it could have gotten more people interested in Third Worldism and dependency theory.

harass posted:

my comment was flippant, I used ‘cultural marxism’ as interchangeable with ‘politicaly correct’

yea that makes a lot of sense, ty. i was looking for honest conservative critiques of marxism & i kept getting tripped up over the way they used these words

Cultural Tucker Maxism
Cultural maddox.xmission.com
Cultural BCBGMAXAZRIA
I'm out of ideas
how come the marxists get there own month and the white peopel cant have one without being called racists! its those fucken JOOZ i tell ya
although Adorno remains correct about cinema, those Frankfort theorists saw a lot of scary ghosts. immaterial ghosts.