My favourite genre of music is novelty/comedy. I'm sort of random like that!

[account deactivated]
like this?

hahaha holy shit

the aquabats are cool.

roseweird posted:

that's pretty cool but have you heard the cowboy bebop soundtrack

of course.

those apoligitix songs are exactly what i'm all about.
i saw the aquabats at the warped tour in 1998 and 14 year old me was like hell yeah
was expecting this to be a dan deacon thread
i love novelty songs

/me enters the room in a bright yellow suit with a green head with giant teeth

Did somebody say warped tour?!
this is... fucking... epic hell yeah

as an idiot child i got super into weird al, and my mother grew sick of it and tried to get me into spike jones (insert kneejerk internet response here, wild things are jackass music video fuck you). a lot of the jokes went over my head at the time, but it was fantastic in retrospect.

he's most famous (except for "all i want for christmas is my two front teeth," which is really hard to handle) for this lovely piece of wwII era cuteness (hitler cathexis)

but also of note is this, a huge pile of incredible racism

and this, an excellent exemplar of the importance of instrumentation in composition

Here's fifteen minutes of PURE TRANSPHOBIC HATE (TRIGGER WARNING: Milton Berle), live from NBC, thank you.

and here's the sort of moldering thing that ensured his cultural irrelevance around 1964, but it's also pretty perfect. a competent dixieland band hams it up as a shemp lookalike kicks himself in the face repeatedly, glenn miller in the background with a frantically grinning awkward tap dancer (no nicholas brothers here, this is cask strength caucasiana), two fast paced novelty instrument duo concerti, and a classic example of anti-russian drollitude at 9:28

hahahha is that ernst reijseger? what's this from?
[account deactivated]

palafox posted:

that is a clip from "ode to the dawn of man" a documentary of the making of the music in "cave of forgotten dreams" a documentary about the paintings in the Chauvet cave that was directed and narrated by Werner Herzog.

how come all the really good gay 80s synthpop bands were british? like erasure, pet shop boys, bronski beat, def leppard, etc.
to tell the truth when i was 11 or 12 i was definitely the type of kid wh o spent hours on Limewire hunting down the songs from South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut and Adam Sandler"s Eight Crazy Nights, and also the song My Band by Eminem.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

swampman posted:

palafox posted:

that is a clip from "ode to the dawn of man" a documentary of the making of the music in "cave of forgotten dreams" a documentary about the paintings in the Chauvet cave that was directed and narrated by Werner Herzog.

of course it is!

The song my band isn't by emenem its by his band, 8 mile. Duh.
That's a good one getfiscal, I played that at a New Years bougie party a couple years back and people were fans
satire and novelty are symptoms of a sick society

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

satire and novelty are symptoms of a sick society

much like your posting

my mom got me into spike jones too
last week i heard an npr segment about how exciting new epidemics stand to wipe out millions in asia and africa, that was bookended by white power anthems by Beach House and Washed Out​

diamond_galas posted:

last week i heard an npr segment about how exciting new epidemics stand to wipe out millions in asia and africa, that was bookended by white power anthems by Beach House and Washed Out​