On this day last year, Brother Leader exposed a CIA-Al Qaeda plot to take down the Libyan Jamahiriya in front of the coolest monument in existence

One million people, 1/6 of the country, took to the streets in support of the Libyan Jamahiriya, and the NATO rats were only able to win after a campaign of ethnic cleansing and carpet bombing.

first world trotskyites gleefully threw their lot in with the NATO rats as they joined the propaganda war, becoming more biased in their coverage than CNN and fox news

http://malheureuxmarxist.wordpress.com/2011/12/10/the-iso-libya-and-the-need-for-self-criticism/

The problem with the ISO was that they refused to report facts about the NATO rebels that didn’t fit their initial analysis of the events in Libya. From the beginning, they claimed that the NATO rebels were a popular uprising by a broad swath of the producing classes of Libya. Under the circumstances, this is an understandable misconception, because Al Jazeera and other media networks were pumping out tons of misinformation (more on al jazeera’s propaganda here: http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/2011/chandan260311.html). However, after a few weeks it was crystal clear that this was not a popular uprising, but an uprising by a coalition of bin ladenites, monarchists, and neoliberals rife with ethnic cleansing.

The problem with the ISO isn’t that they criticized the Libyan government, it is that they refused to report facts that didn’t fit their analysis, leading them to be far less critical of the rebels than mainstream outlets like ABC, Fox news, and NBC.

If someone only got their information on Libya from the ISO newspaper, here’s some of the facts they would be completely unaware of:

1 million people (~1/6 of the country) came out in support of the Libyan government
Amnesty International showed that there weren’t any cases of mass rape, anti-aircraft guns being used against protesters, African mercenaries were not used, aircraft machine guns were not used against protesters, and there was no evidence of genocide by the Libyan government.
Tawergha, a town that used to be populated by mostly black Libyans, was completely depopulated and ethnically cleansed by the NATO rebels.
NATO rebels are torturing anyone they suspect of supporting Gaddafi (these people are mostly black)
Black Libyans were being mass arrested by NATO rebels.
NATO rebels were creating fake mass grave sites

The Amnesty International report debunked several of the false claims that the ISO made, yet there was no retraction or notification. Instead, they refused to report it. This is what separates criticism from assisting the propaganda war.

anyway here's some cool 'tubes

xyhMsSHpCFA

KhvrAHaGHQU

qYUGzl1fN14

[account deactivated]
RIP Muammar al-Qaddafi
last of the straight up Gs
Straight up Gaddafi-Move.
henpecked and emasculated by NATO's vapid cuntery

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

RIP Muammar al-Qaddafi

rip moomer goodhoofy
i was expecting this to be a shennong thread about fossil fuels and agriculture. more directly than it is in this incarnation, i mean.

discipline posted:
has it really been a year.. wow

whoa wow.. well syria can fill that void in our hearts for now i guess and then we'll have another one of these threads next year too

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

o7
lol this is some crazy alex jones paranoid shit up in here. like it a lot please keep it up, the truth of the jew must be exposed
Flappo.
when the rush for intervention started i kinda went along with it and im still disgusted by myself for that fact to this day
"lol yeah i think america is on the right side this time" - dumb gay baby living in shit, a retard
gaddafi's reappropriation of liberal-interventionist rhetoric to justify arming the ira was basically the best thing anyone did between the cultural revolution and the invention of dubstep
Al-Flappo'd again.
saying my name just increases my power
DAMN YOU FLAPPOOOO!!!!!
i'm permabanned from ANOTHERFORUM because they thought i was iwc lol
(because you are)
No! NO NOT AGAIN
The truth hurts.

deadken posted:
when the rush for intervention started i kinda went along with it and im still disgusted by myself for that fact to this day

lol. disgusting bro. cant believe u'd do this

i support any intervention whether it was NATO in libya or a car swerving across the median strip into my face because events that change things are intrinsically good.

Obama 2012
I remember when it was like just Me, Imppy, and like one or two people Keepin the M$H faith. 1 love.
Yeah M. Crow the whole thing was making me feel uneasy from the get go but you and McCaine really helped solidify my reasoning for opposing intervention. Thanks a bunch I would have had trouble owning war hungry libs irl without you~
this is my reason for opposing intervention

mistersix posted:
i was expecting this to be a shennong thread about fossil fuels and agriculture. more directly than it is in this incarnation, i mean.

Same.

wow, why did i wait so long to click on this thread?

right click-->Set As Desktop Background

noavbazzer posted:
this is my reason for opposing intervention

Sup Francis Bacon.

Edited by LandBeluga ()

hopefully libya will become a freethinking liberal-democracy.
wrong green revolution