The black panther party was specifically targetted by COINTELPRO and its members were assassinated, implicated in trumped up charges, convinced by FBI informants to participate in crime, and set up to be murdered by Black Panther allies through the use of fake 'confessional' letters fabricated by the FBI. Hoover hated and feared the Black Panthers and was willing to do just about anything to destroy them, which he did in the end through the nationwide coordination of Federal and state resources towards that aim. Rather than Federal agents stepping in to curb abuses by state powers, the enhanced and refined them with tools from the Federal arsenals of oppression. It was probably the FBI informants/plants that did the most damage, even more than the assassination program, because it led to infighting between various revolutionary groups and sapped their strength.
What killed the Black Panther Party? The Cops.
i know im preaching to the choir but its good to spread around BPP-contemporary pieces demonstrating how absolutely, genuinely terrified much of white america was that there would be a communist race war and that the black panthers would lead it
liberals have worked overtime to present them as get along guys "in response to conservative propaganda" and this has to get wrecked
I work with some sons of old Seattle bpp members, is interesting
any good stories for this loathsome ex goon

daddyholes posted:

i know im preaching to the choir but its good to spread around BPP-contemporary pieces demonstrating how absolutely, genuinely terrified much of white america was that there would be a communist race war and that the black panthers would lead it

the white establishment feared the BPP for good reason, it wasn't absurd

daddyholes posted:

any good stories for this loathsome ex goon

Not rly tbh

gyrofry posted:

the white establishment feared the BPP for good reason, it wasn't absurd

yeah i just posted about it

idk i guess i can see how used to it everyone would get that when someone says like, "the black panthers really scared white america" people assume that the person saying it is implying that it was an overreaction. Because of the mentioned liberal shit that must be wrecked
saying the cops killed the BPP is true but also meaningless, as any revolutionary movement in AmeriKKKa would experience the same or even worse (with modern technology) state repression and terrorism. we have to deal with the world as it is, not as we wish it was and apply immanent critique to ourselves and not only our enemies. thats why the book in the OP is interesting, we need to look at the structural weaknesses and ideological problems with BPP organization (as well as the successes) and learn instead of lamenting our shitty situation.

the point of democratic centralism and security culture is not to keep out pigs, but to make it so they are harmless or help the cause. as Lenin said of Malinovsky: "If he is a provocateur, the police gained less from it than our Party did"

babyhueypnewton posted:

saying the cops killed the BPP is true but also meaningless, as any revolutionary movement in AmeriKKKa would experience the same or even worse (with modern technology) state repression and terrorism. we have to deal with the world as it is, not as we wish it was and apply immanent critique to ourselves and not only our enemies. thats why the book in the OP is interesting, we need to look at the structural weaknesses and ideological problems with BPP organization (as well as the successes) and learn instead of lamenting our shitty situation.

the point of democratic centralism and security culture is not to keep out pigs, but to make it so they are harmless or help the cause. as Lenin said of Malinovsky: "If he is a provocateur, the police gained less from it than our Party did"

i mean, i need to read the book, but apparently it talks about how the extent of state repression of the Black Panthers also bolstered it, demonstrating its efficacy, giving them martyrdom, etc. it was what they eventually ended up doing with this support/credibility that allowed the state repression to eventually succeed. Lets Read This Book Yall

I will read the book who else.
yeah i might
i have a history of the radical california prison movement by eldridge cleaver but im fucked if im gonna read it lolz
I take back my earlier post, it was disco
Im gonna read that and this http://www.amazon.com/The-Soviet-Occupation-Germany-1945-1947/dp/1107043816/ concurrently. Thank u for reading about my personal life.