The IWW

dank_xiaopeng posted:

woah do you play od-time E. O.

fuck yes

ya i do

noice, what instrument, do you go to any festivals?
banjo and i can carter pick most standards and do some flatpicking when i play with my bluegrass bros from texas. i switched to OT from scruggs bluegrass while i lived in puerto rico so i have really never played with anyone else, have neglected going to festivals in NY now that I live here even though i know they exist
nice! i play bass and am learning clawhammer banjo. there's a big OT music scene in and around Ithaca, you should check it out! Most of the really good festivals are in VA/North Carolina/ West VA tho. if you get the chance, you should def make the trip to Clifftop, totes worth the drive
can i choose myself or does the offer expire before i die?
Jesus wept over Lazarus, said the goatman. It dont say it, but I reckon Lazarus might of wept back when he seen himself back in this vale of tears after he’d done been safe and dead four days. He must of been in heaven. Jesus wouldnt brought one back from hell would he? I’d hate to get to heaven and then get recalled what about you?
I guess so.
You can bet I intend to ask him when I see him.
Ask who?
Jesus.
muhammad duh

but thats too obvious so margaret thatcher probs
cycloneboy

rip
steve irwin. i feel like his wrassling skills are needed now more than ever

babyfinland posted:

muhammad duh

but thats too obvious so margaret thatcher probs

*you resurrect margaret thatcher*

*she proceeds to drool and shit herself*

we all meant that we wanted the sexiest version
that... IS the sexiest version....

dank_xiaopeng posted:

nice! i play bass and am learning clawhammer banjo. there's a big OT music scene in and around Ithaca, you should check it out! Most of the really good festivals are in VA/North Carolina/ West VA tho. if you get the chance, you should def make the trip to Clifftop, totes worth the drive

merlefest has been completely taken over by jam band dickshits, bulleit-sipping newscap donning broheims who still holler for wagon wheel, and the soulless moneygrubbers who feast on the trust funds of both groups

nuke the blue ridge mountains, give the proles bc rich warbeasts, and teach the dark arts of trem picking and blast beats

Trayvon

peepaw posted:

dank_xiaopeng posted:

merlefest has been completely taken over by jam band dickshits, bulleit-sipping newscap donning broheims who still holler for wagon wheel, and the soulless moneygrubbers who feast on the trust funds of both groups

nuke the blue ridge mountains, give the proles bc rich warbeasts, and teach the dark arts of trem picking and blast beats

merlefest has always been dogshit tho. have you ever been to any real fiddler's conventions?

"traditional plus" my ass
old time music should really appeal to rhizzoners because all good oldtime musicians constantly aspire to align themselves with iconic historical Great Men and devote themselves to browbeating and criticizing those who deviate from the correct musico-ideological line

it's really fun
i like o brother where art thou, its a real good movie
sirius has a bluegrass channel and a folk/americana channel now.

TG posted:

i like o brother where art thou, its a real good movie

when i watched this the first time one of my friends told me it was actually george clooney singing and i was like "wow! really??" for at least ten minutes

bluegrass isnt real

littlegreenpills posted:

bluegrass isnt real

reality bites

dank_xiaopeng posted:

old time music should really appeal to rhizzoners because all good oldtime musicians constantly aspire to align themselves with iconic historical Great Men and devote themselves to browbeating and criticizing those who deviate from the correct musico-ideological line

it's really fun

also it's a bunch of corny bullshit which involves dressing up like a twat

peepaw posted:

dank_xiaopeng posted:

it's really fun

also it's a bunch of corny bullshit which involves dressing up like a twat

pretty sure anyone who put on a costume for 99% of oldtime music events would get laughed out. the "americana" old crow medicine show crowd is pretty universally hated. i dont think youve actually been to any good festivals bro

costumes are good. I like the Decemberists (band) and the International Communist League (Fourth Internationalist) and other dress-up experiences that take me back to the good old time days.
[account deactivated]