[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
yes we know about My So-Called Life and when it aired because it was on television and very popular when we were all thinking and feeling human beings

all being older means is that you're gonna die sooner. it's nothing to be proud of.

[account deactivated]
slajov zizek was a writer on brass eye

discipline posted:
I wouldn't be so sure about that, any of us could die at any time.. do not think your youth makes you immortal my young friend (common teenage fantasy)

sorry i didn't say sooner on average.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
slajov zizek was a writer on brass eye

at the risk of putting myself out as gullible....really?

Cycloneboy posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
man hte new scooby doo shit is so bad. the original show was the best.

the new scooby doo has actual magic and shit, doesn't it? because, lmao. way to miss the point, Cartoon Network.

Scooby doo spinoffs have had actual magic since the early 1990s. Look at this noob

Sorry I mean the mid 80s, beginning with the 13 ghosts of scooby doo
hey, such a life-n00b

Goethestein posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

the new scooby doo has actual magic and shit, doesn't it? because, lmao. way to miss the point, Cartoon Network.

Scooby doo spinoffs have had actual magic since the early 1990s. Look at this noob

i know, that's what i'm talking about. at its core, scooby doo reminded children the importance of skepticism in the face of the supernatural, by showing that even a bunch of hippies and a dog can apply a reasoning, investigative methodology to expose the apparently "supernatural" as being little more than clever deception.

Cycloneboy posted:

Goethestein posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i know, that's what i'm talking about. at its core, scooby doo reminded children the importance of skepticism in the face of the supernatural, by showing that even a bunch of hippies and a dog can apply a reasoning, investigative methodology to expose the apparently "supernatural" as being little more than clever deception.

If it was to teach kids about the deception of the supernatural then maybe it shouldn't have had a talking stoner dog.

talk about mixed messages.

i watched a ton of scooby doo in finland
nice catchphrase
Cycloneboy's acknowledgement that he likes the Vampire Diaries makes me suspicious of his asexual cred.

What are vampires if not raw, dangerous sexuality personified? Why are you watching such hormone-drenched filth?

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
Cycloneboy's acknowledgement that he likes the Vampire Diaries makes me suspicious of his asexual cred.

What are vampires if not raw, dangerous sexuality personified? Why are you watching such hormone-drenched filth?

it's really tightly plotted, they're willing to kill off major characters, and the romantic relationship between Stefan and Elena is well-handled and remarkably mature.

Why are you interested in watching depictions of romantic (read: sexual) relationships?

Why are you interested in watching depictions of romantic (read: sexual) relationships?

i don't want to be a cop or drug dealer but i still watch the Wire.

Cycloneboy posted:

i don't want to be a cop or drug dealer but i still watch the Wire.

liberalism.txt

i dont want to be a cop or a drug dealer i just want to be a good anti-racism ally...
I only watch Sex and the City for the $1200 pants
i obtain positive sympathetic feelings from watching or reading about romantic relationships, but i do not want such a relationship in my own life. it's like how a person can read and enjoy fiction featuring homosexual relationships, while being heterosexual themselves.
Yeah and they praise it by saying “this homosexual relationship was depicted in a mature way” even though they don’t know what a homosexual relationship is like so how can they judge it?

Yeah and they praise it by saying “this homosexual relationship was depicted in a mature way” even though they don’t know what a homosexual relationship is like so how can they judge it?

i think that you can have some idea of what a homosexual relationship is like without personally being in one, by reading perspectives from gay people.

obv a lot of lib scum just straight up don't know shit but that doesn't make it impossible to know anything.

Cycloneboy posted:

i think that you can have some idea of what a homosexual relationship is like without personally being in one, by reading perspectives from gay people.

Maybe, but when i try to think like a muslim woman i get called racist!

Calling muslims a race... that's probably racist dude

having political opinions is racist
i guess this would be the place to introduce myself
another young poster
started reading lf in 10th grade this was me
anyways, i was googling for some thread or something a few weeks ago, found this place, recognized some names from lf , checked out the site

anyways just wanted to post to say cool site and thanks for the cool threads on here i enjoy reading them

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Calling muslims a race... that's probably racist dude

hmm so you can't be racist about muslims

fanon posted:

another young poster
anyways, i was googling for some thread or something a few weeks ago, found this place, recognized some names from lf , checked out the site

anyways just wanted to post to say cool site and thanks for the cool threads on here i enjoy reading them

fanon posted:
another young poster

hey what's up

fanon posted:
another young poster

Sorry I didn't know I was logged into my big bros acct. Meant to post that on this account.

fanon posted:
another young poster

i musta been like 17 when i started reading lf lol. what is wrong with me

cyclone zygote howcumzit you enjoy watching tv about romantic relationships but are too scaredy to write about them
i am in my mid 50s irl
i am still, in fact, 17
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:
cyclone zygote howcumzit you enjoy watching tv about romantic relationships but are too scaredy to write about them

1) seduction is not a relationship
2) watching is not writing
3) television is not naturalistic

wham bam thank you ma'am.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]