[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Galileo was a heretic. Newton believed in alchemy.
[account deactivated]
wait up conec i can say thomas the tank engine is the most good and perfect entity in all of existence, and the ultimate cause of all things that are good ie resembling thomas the tank engine, yet that wont call him forth into existence. whats up here
[account deactivated]
wow rude
so conec is a fan of aristotle i see, that's good
[account deactivated]
this is deeply troubling
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

only proof i need of God`s existence is aquinas`s five ways na mean all motions are caused by another motion nothing moves on its own so there mus be something that moves first w.o being moved by sth else nam sayin that is the unmoved mover that is God. nd den nuffing is the efficient cause of itself cos is not possible for somefing to exist prior to itself soo there has to be a first efficient cause which is God. hm yea na mean not everyfing in nature can be contingent bcos that would mean that a time when nuffing existed is possible. some fings are better than others some girls and bigger than others some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers nd that variance is based on a maxiumum n the maximum in a genus is causal of everyfang wifin det genus dere mus be somefing which causes goodness nd perfection in beings nd det is God na mean. natural, inaniminate fingies act towards an end but lack intelligence but fings which lack intelligence cannot move toward an end on their own so an intelligent being mus direct dem. det is God.

I shimmy, therefore, I am.

conec posted:

only proof i need of God`s existence is aquinas`s five ways na mean all motions are caused by another motion nothing moves on its own so there mus be something that moves first w.o being moved by sth else nam sayin that is the unmoved mover that is God. nd den nuffing is the efficient cause of itself cos is not possible for somefing to exist prior to itself soo there has to be a first efficient cause which is God. hm yea na mean not everyfing in nature can be contingent bcos that would mean that a time when nuffing existed is possible. some fings are better than others some girls and bigger than others some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers nd that variance is based on a maxiumum n the maximum in a genus is causal of everyfang wifin det genus dere mus be somefing which causes goodness nd perfection in beings nd det is God na mean. natural, inaniminate fingies act towards an end but lack intelligence but fings which lack intelligence cannot move toward an end on their own so an intelligent being mus direct dem. det is God.

u shed Czech out "refutations of Thomism" cuz a lot of dat sh`d I can't keep fucking typing like this lol anyway Aquinas has induction problems sorry

Because you went to Aquinas
Also your posting style

TheIneff posted:

u shed Czech out "refutations of Thomism" cuz a lot of dat sh`d I can't keep fucking typing like this lol anyway Aquinas has induction problems sorry

lol

i will contribute to this conversation as soon as Nazbro posts here enough to revive what this forum was meant to accomplish. *laser dots zero on jpeg image of united states president george w bush*
[account deactivated]
lmao at "proofs of god"
[account deactivated]
i will vouch for confusing aquinas and concurrentism as a serious problem in a lot of modern and contemporary critiques and i try to keep from making psychological accusations like the bratty refusal of some people who believe in god or pretend they do for purposes of argument to entertain the possibility of concurrent causes where one is primary in every sense of the word

conec posted:

it was my tulpa

c_man posted:

lmao at "proofs of god"

its comforting to think our consciousness wont vanish with our deaths but lol if you really believe it. im all for putting on a brave face for the sake of our friends and family but this is the internet, take it easy

ilmdge posted:

God Exists

reactionaries spotted
[account deactivated]
conec please steal some of roseweird's weed (she smokes too much anyway) so you can appreciate the oneness of the universe and enjoy ego death
[account deactivated]
all the cool kids doing it, meine volksgenosse
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

neway i was way funnier nd more creative when i was high but ya.

wd love 2 c dis

fleights posted:

reactionaries spotted

conec posted:

lol and btw everyfing in nature is contingent

[account deactivated]
why a being, why not vast, impersonal forces
I'm pretty sure conec doesn't really believe in the cosmological argument and is just trolling yall.

Lessons posted:

I'm pretty sure conec doesn't really believe in the cosmological argument and is just trolling yall.

that's not a very thuggish lesson

why do ppl feel ok having strong opinions or caring about anything. your entire life is a paean to how wrong and useless you are