Meursault posted:

by any chance does anyone know who made this image?

Goethestein posted:
Blahyi got his nickname, "General Butt Naked", from his nakedness which was supposedly demanded by the Devil. He claimed to a South African Star reporter that he "met Satan regularly and talked to him" and that from the age of 11 to 25 he took part in monthly human sacrifices. In his account of a typical battle Blahyi claimed, "So, before leading my troops into battle, we would get drunk and drugged up, sacrifice a local teenager, drink their blood, then strip down to our shoes and go into battle wearing colourful wigs and carrying imaginary purses we'd looted from civilians. We'd slaughter anyone we saw, chop their heads off and use them as soccer balls. We were nude, fearless, drunk yet strategic. We killed hundreds of people – so many I lost count.

this dude would really fit in at a GWAR after party

humankind.txt
[account deactivated]
JOSHEPH KONY IS A F*CKING FURRY?? CAN IT GET ANY WORSE? LEAVE MY CHILDHOOD OUT OF YOUR WHACKOFF FANTASY
lowtax gave kony's account on somethingawful a little yellow yiff star and sticked in gbs that thread kony's roommate posted about finding him having sex with a garfield toy on a tarp with warm lasagna
name your firstborn child garfield monday lasagna
please help the africans, they have no agency
that picture of the elephant and donkey merging to form a dove makes me want to punch the next person i see in the face until the blood starts gushing from their broken mess of a face and splatters on the wall forming the shape of a dove
please help the africans: name your firstborn child garfield monday lasagna

aerdil posted:
its amazing the kind of visceral reaction i have to liberal hipster activists these days, so disgusting

lol who are you people talking about bc those dudes aren't hipsters. the one dude has fuckin pre-bleached pants shaggy hair and a bandana wtf
the word you're looking for is "yuppies"
yeah
theyre not really yuppies either theyre just idiots. not that there is anything redeeming about yuppies (except that i am one)
yeah we are and it's funny because i always hear yuppies use the term pejoratively to refer to other people and im like 'yeah it doesnt mean douche bag it means people like us, AND them' but everyone just wants to label others as somehow contrived or inferior. such is the problem that self awareness has created in our culture. down with self awareness. i only have two labels, WHITE (scum) and NONWHITE (possibly OK)
everyone retarded be
i divide the world into aesthetes and anaesthetes, both are utterly wretched and pathetic but for different reasons
a propos of nothing, our high school had a large black population and our cafeteria was mostly racially self-segregated and a student started to call the black area of the cafeteria "cafrica" and it stuck. that student then decided to sew a swastika into his arm.
so what is y'alls opinion on, say, 15 dollar spent donating to the KONY 2012 fund vs 15 dollar spent on beer at a bar or on a WoW account for a month? which is worse?

getfiscal posted:
racially self-segregated

Wow, extremely fucking racist. MOds?

which one of those 15 dollar donations leads to the most rape?

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
so what is y'alls opinion on, say, 15 dollar spent donating to the KONY 2012 fund vs 15 dollar spent on beer at a bar or on a WoW account for a month? which is worse?

beer is worst

Alright folks, let's critically demolish this response by Invisible Children, we're teachers after all, we must teach our truth: http://s3.amazonaws.com/www.invisiblechildren.com/critiques.html

Morgan Kline on February 20, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:
I have spent the last 3 years in Uganda, filming individual testimony from civilians about the war. While there is clear evidence that the L.R.A. committed gross human rights violations, the war is far more complicated than child soldiering. After all, Joseph Kony was not the original resistance to Museveni’s rise to power. The UNLA, UPDA, Alice Lakwena and others objected to rape, torcher and murder committed by the NRM against the Acholi people in northern Uganda.

Invisible Children’s film clip on who the LRA is that they posted on their website is such a ridiculous account of the war in Uganda. While the LRA has clearly resorted to looting and violence against civilian populations, it is clear that Museveni’s objective was never to end the war in the north. When he mandated encampment (only made possible by international aid organizations) he sentenced the Acholi people to years and years of cultural and economic degradation. During the war, Museveni’s own administration issued a report that over 1,000 deaths were taking place in the camps a week. This is far more people than the LRA could abduct. In other words, people were safer in their own homes, subject to rebels than in the camps.

The disservice of IC is this… every time a group of civilians takes up arms as a reaction to political marginalization, occupation or worse, the news is manipulated to make these people out to be apolitical fanatical terrorists. In no way do i agree with violence committed by the LRA or by Museveni’s government and the LRA has been committing atrocities for too long without any purpose now. But the narrative which IC frames the conflict in is so demonizing and fantastical. The LRA was originally supported by the Acholi people. The history of Uganda since colonialism set a political stage which is far more complex than IC acknowledges.

I am hurt ICs evaluation because when we condemn any group to be beyond political reason and not worth negotiating with we are condoning violence. violence by any side is still violence. after all, most armies are just misled civilians armed and pitted against others through the language of fear.

IC is promoting a misunderstanding directly correlated to violence and I hold them responsible for the misinformation they have posted. They tell the story of the war in Uganda with a hostility that leaves no room for real peace.

- Disgusted

http://www.wrongingrights.com/2009/03/worst-idea-ever.html#comment-6506

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
b-b-but its the biggest thickest part of the circle....
[account deactivated]
we'll probably find out in 30 years that most of their funding came from cia front groups
[account deactivated]
u gotta pay for those ipads and web 2.0 somehow okay, dang lady,.
[account deactivated]
lol email. arent u a cute luddite. if u wanna contact ballers like these better be prepared to make a wide-eyed video w/ an instagram filter upload it to youtube be sure u got some killer clothing style or lmao and disseminate it via facebook because we are all a global community more people online now than lived 200 years ago web 2.0.
[account deactivated]
i dont get why there should be ugandans on the board, fixing africa is the white man;s burden after all??

aerdil posted:
lol email. arent u a cute luddite. if u wanna contact ballers like these better be prepared to make a wide-eyed video w/ an instagram filter upload it to youtube be sure u got some killer clothing style or lmao and disseminate it via facebook because we are all a global community more people online now than lived 200 years ago web 2.0.

lol please stop with this shit it's pathetic

kony 2012: oh dearism's deformed cousin