swampman posted:

i've (mostly) stopped drinking and (mostly) started reading fiction. my deadlift is pathetic
working at a place where the state AG visited our offices for several hours to do some media. made small talk with him about how steep our stairs are. his bodyguard had to come back to our office the next day because he forgot the case for his glasses here. yesterday had a nice phone convo with an ex-ambassador to ethiopia. we discussed the resonances between ethiopian politics of the mid aughts and the sad state of our own democracy. she was very pleasant and made a joke about dying soon.
I donated a kidney yesterday. Non-directed, so I don't know who the recipient is. I overheard someone in the OR say it was headed to Washington DC, so I'm crossing my fingers that it wasn't some Senator on their 7th kidney.
I hired a tailor to make a pattern so that I can embroider on uncut fabric and send that to the tailor to be cut and assembled into the actual item I want. So now I'm trying to hire a master embroiderer to consult with me as I bring in a carpenter to set up my workspace to handle this fabric. I spent about an hour this evening diagramming out the whole process. If the first item comes out well, this might be what I'm doing the rest of my life..

filler posted:

I donated a kidney yesterday. Non-directed, so I don't know who the recipient is. I overheard someone in the OR say it was headed to Washington DC, so I'm crossing my fingers that it wasn't some Senator on their 7th kidney.

Rhizzone blessings to you

A couple weeks ago I was at a wedding and started talking to someone about Red Guards Austin for some reason and one of my friends came over and yelled at me for talking about them on what was supposed to be a joyous occasion
I went to see mom for Christmas and New Year's, and then I came home and a few weeks later I received a message about rhizzone.net being down, which is a very small, very old website with a handful of users that I used to read. It turned out that the bills are still being paid by one of our benefactors (I think either gssh or shriekking) but for a moment in December they weren't, and the server was shut off. I dug up a login and was able to turn it back on. The walls have a layer of dust on them, but I think with some light cleaning it can still be preserved ...
i put enough into the site it will remain up for the next couple years. idk how to responsibly modify or improve the codebase of this site, and i never heard anything about the rejuvenation or whatever plans there were from anyone else. i'm just assuming that everyone formerly involved now has other priorities.

drwhat posted:

I went to see mom for Christmas and New Year's, and then I came home and a few weeks later I received a message about rhizzone.net being down, which is a very small, very old website with a handful of users that I used to read. It turned out that the bills are still being paid by one of our benefactors (I think either gssh or shriekking) but for a moment in December they weren't, and the server was shut off. I dug up a login and was able to turn it back on. The walls have a layer of dust on them, but I think with some light cleaning it can still be preserved ...

thank you for bringing back the stalinist irony forum, one of my favourite places online

bottom-drawer start of the year, and losing the silent presence of rhizzone only added to it. hope everyone is busy in their personal lives in a good way, where they don't feel the need to vent online
pray everyone is involved in activities too revolutionary and time consuming to post about them
I still use the site to find info from old posts I wouldn't find anywhere else, and appreciate those who keep it going.
Oh hey, you're back.
i like to post, on this website
i don't need to, like, fuck the venus de milo to be glad it exists