[account deactivated]
nice clickbait but im not falling for it lady
I'm not going to attack random Jews. Those days are over.

getfiscal posted:

I'm not going to attack random Jews. Those days are over.

indeed, these are the days for systematically attacking very specific jews in an organized fashion.

i actually hate all jews and consider hitlers only crime to be not killing enough of them. basically the reason im so depressed is becuase i haven't personally killed any jews. this is sam kriss's other rhizzone account
the skver aren't super open about it but they're also anti-zionist, so i don't think that the rabbi was wrong to bring the hammer down. i guess youthful haredi rebellion entails loving m&ms, marc antony, and the IDF, which means that I really gotta start looking for haredi novels. imagine the haredi equivalent of new yorker-lit, elaborate faceless grey ennui about collapsing marriages and the miseries inherent to bourgeois striving, but over little Rivka's being led astray by some seductive balding schlub who took her to a TGI friday's once
my media diet is definitely goijg to start including more vids of jews getting killed
new square is an incredibly fucked up place that is close friends with hillary clinton
i remember an ask/tell thread back on SA where someone who left the satmar community was answering people's questions about it and eventually some people in the satmar community found out about the thread and doxxed her. then another guy in the community started posting about being a secret atheist and wanting to get out of the community.

palafox posted:

the skver aren't super open about it but they're also anti-zionist, so i don't think that the rabbi was wrong to bring the hammer down. i guess youthful haredi rebellion entails loving m&ms, marc antony, and the IDF, which means that I really gotta start looking for haredi novels. imagine the haredi equivalent of new yorker-lit, elaborate faceless grey ennui about collapsing marriages and the miseries inherent to bourgeois striving, but over little Rivka's being led astray by some seductive balding schlub who took her to a TGI friday's once

but hasidim aren't haredim...

and also yeah every hasid i've ever talked to about it (like 3) is anti-israel so this seems weird to me.

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

oy

y-IPZTT2NBA

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

palafox posted:

and also yeah every hasid i've ever talked to about it (like 3) is anti-israel so this seems weird to me.

hasidim are haredim, but many haredim aren't hasidim. many of the more lenient haredi courts are hasidic, though, so confusingly the distinction "hasidim vs. haredim" is sometimes drawn between, say, people like the lubavitchers and the rest of the haredim on something like zionism (this one usually), or on quotidian life, or specific theological matters re: kabbalah, or whatever. the skver are pretty hardcore and are about as haredi as haredi gets which makes me wonder whether this guy would be accepted by chabad rabbis as a part of outreach, which implies competing talmudic responsoria on the subject of m&ms merchandise.

[account deactivated]
mods please rename palafox to ProZionistHadoken

tpaine posted:

palafox posted:

hasidim are haredim, but many haredim aren't hasidim.

many haredim aren't hasidim, but all hasedims are hesadic? but all hardems aren't hasids? all hasirms are...hodoyim? uh

jon stewart: "hasi- buh? whaaaa?" *eyes pop out, smirkily jewishly* *studio audience dies of laughter and goes to hell*

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

what is any of this

please make a sub-forum for the jewish issues thanks. between this and the article they're spamming everywhere about the jewish doctors in new york who nibble on the penises to circumcise them, it's cluttering up all the internet

Edited by Lykourgos ()

i think those are wizards not doctors
some good quotes in here

Under the prayer shawl, Schmeltzer wore a shiny frock coat and his signature funky glasses (he wears a different pair for every occasion). A yarmulke and short curly side locks completed his look, the shawl casually draped over his shoulders in a shockingly transgressive manner.

The eleventh of twelve children, Schmeltzer had a troubled childhood. He was abused by his teachers, emotionally and physically. “I got nicknames, and smacked up every week,” he recalled when we met on the Columbia campus, where Schmeltzer is now a student.

When he began to sing at weddings and bar mitzvahs, Schmeltzer’s talent was obvious, and yet he was met with derision from within the Skver community; his music was too different, too new, too challenging. Though his songs were in Hebrew and Yiddish, mostly with words culled from religious texts, people called him “this new talent who sings like a goy,” Schmeltzer recalled ruefully.

Two weeks after the release of his third CD in 2001, Schmeltzer says the rabbinical court called him in for a hearing and told him there was too much “disco beat” for their conservative tastes. He was forced by powerful community members to place an ad in one of the Hasidic papers apologizing for the CD, which had taken him five years and all of his savings to produce. The album’s title—“Gam Zu LeTovah,” or “This is also for the best”—now seemed painfully ironic.

“They felt that I am bringing them shame,” Schmeltzer explained. And he believed them. He was plagued with feelings of guilt about the talent he couldn’t deny or reign in. In hindsight, Schmeltzer says, “I had guilt about things I should have pride about.”

The rabbinical court also made Schmeltzer promise that his future records would be more conservative, and for a while, Schmeltzer complied with their demands. It was a losing battle. As Schmeltzer put it, “my art bust forth” and with it, further bans. A network of “activists” went from school to school, pressuring principals to ban his music. Signs went up around the neighborhood depicting Schmeltzer’s face with a line drawn through it; his sister spent days tearing them down. Schmeltzer choked up when describing the shame that his father—a Holocaust survivor and great adherent of the Skverer Rebbe—felt during this time.

“He never kissed me,” Schmeltzer said. “He said, ‘By the Hasidim, we don’t kiss,’ but now I know it was because he lost his father, it was very hard for him to connect. And he did show me love. His love was to daven for me.”

Schmeltzer faced so much harassment in New Square that he finally left,

Eventually his life became dogged by people like Avraham Schorr, a Borough Park rabbi who seemed intent on his destruction. In 2008, when Schmeltzer was supposed to sing at a concert called “The Big Event” at Madison Square Garden, 33 leading rabbis, with Schorr at the helm, signed an ad in a popular newspaper banning their followers from attending the concert. They claimed that Schmeltzer’s unique brand of music would lead to “ribaldry and debauchery,” despite the organizers’ promise to provide separate entrances for men and women. The concert was cancelled, prompting an estimated $700,000 in losses.

He says that ultra-Orthodox Judaism is full of fanatics who are power hungry and who use religious zealousness as a form of control. “The desire for control is a disease, it’s not Judaism,” Schmeltzer insisted. “It took me years to realize I didn’t need anybody’s approval, only to listen to my inner voice,” he said. “No other human being knows better than me what I should be.” He explained this thought with a Lipa-ism: “They want to put everyone in a painting. How about I should be a new painting, not for people to follow, ‘I’m going to follow this painting,’ but rather, a painting to say, don’t follow a painting.”

yep

[account deactivated]
what kind of dowry do you bring
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
but can you cook and clean and raise our cats
if youre serious though, please respond to my craigslist ad https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/m4w/4905934381.html
[account deactivated]
from disney's fusionriseup

[account deactivated]

palafox posted:

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

palafox posted:

hasidim are haredim, but many haredim aren't hasidim. many of the more lenient haredi courts are hasidic, though, so confusingly the distinction "hasidim vs. haredim" is sometimes drawn between, say, people like the lubavitchers and the rest of the haredim on something like zionism (this one usually), or on quotidian life, or specific theological matters re: kabbalah, or whatever. the skver are pretty hardcore and are about as haredi as haredi gets which makes me wonder whether this guy would be accepted by chabad rabbis as a part of outreach, which implies competing talmudic responsoria on the subject of m&ms merchandise.

wow, some of you guys sure know a whole lot of specific details about this whole "Being Jewish" business *gently taps the air bubbles out of an unidentified syringe*

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
gyrofry will u go on a date w me to a bongripper show in august?

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

Rhizone is "the Facebook of hasidic sex"

Superabound posted:

palafox posted:

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

palafox posted:

wow, some of you guys sure know a whole lot of specific details about this whole "Being Jewish" business *gently taps the air bubbles out of an unidentified syringe*

i took the chinatown buses between boston and new york for work about twice a month for a period of two years and I kept running into this one ex-hasidic drifter, a homeless heroin addict. dude was funny as fuck and I got to pick his brain about how all that stuff worked, but he'd mostly just talk in little pithy pre-thought-out two-sentence phrases like many long-term homeless people do ("i've gotta hit the road cause new york doesn't blow my hair back, and I gots to get my hair blown back," repeated 5 times over the course of a bus ride)

Edited by palafox ()

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

change dru's name to bon gripper