http://www.wsj.com/articles/american-inactivity-level-is-highest-since-2007-survey-finds-1429796821

“Roughly 83 million Americans age 6 and over, or about 28% of the population, reported that they did not once participate in any of 104 specific physical activities in the last calendar year, according to annual survey results by the Physical Activity Council released Wednesday."

list of activities:

Abdominal Machine/Device

Adventure Racing

Aquatic Exercise

Backpacking Overnight – More Than 1/4 Mile From Vehicle/Home

Badminton

Barre

Baseball

Basketball

Bicycling (BMX)

Bicycling (Mountain/Non-Paved Surface)

Bicycling (Road/Paved Surface)

Boardsailing/Windsurfing

Boot Camp style cross-training

Bowling

Boxing for Competition

Boxing for Fitness

Calisthenics/Bodyweight
Exercise & Bodyweight Accessory-Assisted Training

Canoeing

Cardio Cross Trainer

Cardio Kickboxing

Cardio Tennis

Cheerleading

Climbing (Sport/Indoor/Boulder)

Climbing (Traditional/Ice/Mountaineering)

Cross-Training Style Workouts

Dance, Step, and Other Choreographed Exercise to Music

Elliptical Motion Trainer

Field Hockey

Football (Flag)

Football (Tackle)

Football (Touch)

Free Weights (Barbells)

Free Weights (Dumbbells)

Free Weights (Hand Weights)

Golf on a 9 or 18-hole golf course

Gymnastics
High Impact/Intensity Aerobics & Training

Hiking (Day)

Ice Hockey

Ice Skating

Jet Skiing

Kayaking (Recreational)

Kayaking (Sea/Touring)

Kayaking (White Water)

Kettlebells

Lacrosse

Martial Arts

MMA for competition

MMA for fitness

Other Combat Training

Paintball

Pickleball

Pilates Training

Racquetball

Rafting

Roller Hockey

Roller Skating (2×2 Wheels)

Roller Skating (In-line)

Rowing Machine

Rugby

Running/Jogging

Sailing

Scuba Diving

Skateboarding

Skiing (Alpine/Downhill)

Skiing (Cross-Country)

Skiing (Freeski/Freestyle)

Sledding/Saucer Riding/Snow Tubing

Snorkeling

Snowboarding

Snowmobiling

Snowshoeing

Soccer (Indoor)

Soccer (Outdoor)

Softball (Fast-Pitch)

Softball (Slow-Pitch)

Squash

Stair-Climbing Machine

Stand Up Paddling

Stationary Cycling (Group)

Stationary Cycling (Recumbent or Upright)

Stretching

Surfing

Swimming for Fitness

Swimming on a team

Table Tennis

Tai Chi

Telemarking (Downhill)

Tennis

Track and Field

Trail Running

Treadmill

Triathlon (Non-Traditional/Off Road)

Triathlon (Traditional/Road)

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball (Court)

Volleyball (Grass)

Volleyball (Sand/Beach)

Wakeboarding

Walking for Fitness

Water Skiing

Weight/Resistance Machines

Wrestling

Yoga

Something something steampunk wedding
next time instead of actually listing the activities put stuff like "race mixing" for some good laughs
Woa
83 million people? was anyone here asked about this, when does this happen

chickeon posted:

83 million people? was anyone here asked about this, when does this happen

YOU HAVENT BEEN GOING TO THE MEETINGS?!!

they use a sample size of less than 40,000 people then extrapolate, welcome to the fun world of polling
you don't need to do cardio to not get fat / lose weight

but it's probably good for your heart if you do it
There's no way you burn more calories playing table tennis than masturbating.
what are these goober bureaucratic activities
"Backpacking Overnight – More Than 1/4 Mile From Vehicle/Home"
there are so many stupid fidgety criteria packed into that line
why do they need to specify three distinct categories each for different kinds of football, biking, weights, skiing, fucking kayaking
did they ever consider that their survey subjects eyes just glazed over looking at a giant sperg list and they just said "nope, no, nothing, don't care"

it's extremely cool how statistics nerds are completely detached from reality but dictate our perception of it
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

why do they need to specify three distinct categories each for different kinds of football, biking, weights, skiing, fucking kayaking
did they ever consider that their survey subjects eyes just glazed over looking at a giant sperg list and they just said "nope, no, nothing, don't care"

it's extremely cool how statistics nerds are completely detached from reality but dictate our perception of it

Iol at the implication that people too lazy to fill out a poll are significantly understating their athletic achievement

Oh Jesus there's like a hundred things on here what a bother *enters triathlon*
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

28% of Americans Unable to Read List Of 104 Items

Free Weights (Dumbbells)
Stretching
Treadmill

i did those a few times and i'm still fat.... fml.
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

speaking of which, remember that Lancet study from 2006 that showed that more than one million Iraqis died because of the war? and some moron from the Iraqi Body Count website "challenged" it and was like, oh the survey wasnt carried out correctly and ethically and etc etc bullshit bullshit which goons latched on to, even from LF? Well this investigative report just came out: https://medium.com/@NafeezAhmed/how-the-pentagon-is-hiding-the-dead-862a7b45ce57

Basically the US military funds these statisticians (in charge of Iraqi Body Count, for one) to come up with sophisticated manipulation to systemically minimize civilian casualties from NATO warmaking from Iraq to Colombia, and its becoming more and more unchallenged and prevalent, completely skewing information on what's actually happening in these 'dirty wars'. Man, everything is just so much more peaceful now!

Crow posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

speaking of which, remember that Lancet study from 2006 that showed that more than one million Iraqis died because of the war? and some moron from the Iraqi Body Count website "challenged" it and was like, oh the survey wasnt carried out correctly and ethically and etc etc bullshit bullshit which goons latched on to, even from LF? Well this investigative report just came out: https://medium.com/@NafeezAhmed/how-the-pentagon-is-hiding-the-dead-862a7b45ce57

Basically the US military funds these statisticians (in charge of Iraqi Body Count, for one) to come up with sophisticated manipulation to systemically minimize civilian casualties from NATO warmaking from Iraq to Colombia, and its becoming more and more unchallenged and prevalent, completely skewing information on what's actually happening in these 'dirty wars'. Man, everything is just so much more peaceful now!

yeah it doesn't get much attention (for obvs reasons) but in addition to whipping up something convincing to contradict pesky numbers from a third party, if you work in a government job involving stats (in any field!) eventually part of your job is going to be retuning your metrics because the analysis you did inconveniently revealed the truth instead of arriving at a more desirable foreclusion. it is pretty cool to have your work sent back for revision due to excessive truth, and the best part is either you refuse and sacrifice your job or you comply and they get to hold your credibility hostage forever.

rewrite fullwise upsub antefiling
the goatman stays fit by crankin it to commercial rape he has no time for for pushups

discipline posted:

how many pushups can you do in a row goatstein?

over 100. no big deal tho *i flex and your pants shoot off and embed in a wall*

chickeon posted:

the goatman stays fit by crankin it to commercial rape he has no time for for pushups

i have always been the fittest persyn on the rhizzone. maybe you should keep up on your rhizzone knowledge *flips u a quarter* keep the change kid *your pants shoot off and embed in a wall*

goatstein any tips on restraining lust and carnal desire? i was looking at this, but it's not helping: http://www.thefcpm.com/burdah/Chapter2.pdf
have you considered masturbating frequently (1x/day minimum)
a person once told me that you dont need to masturbate because it'll eventually leak out anyway but by that logic why do i need to go to the bathroom

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

a person once told me that you dont need to masturbate because it'll eventually leak out anyway but by that logic why do i need to go to the bathroom

I wonder if they outlawed posting, would everyone here develop Tourette's syndrome in real life

holy shit it's been a bad posting spree

Edited by wasted ()

I used 2 be fit as fuk but I havent trained in yrs and have a little gutt now. Someone please tell me that this isnt a problem because people are Literally Dying.

Good question. The answer is, because it wont leak out and instead you'll get an impacted bowel and someone will have to do life threatening and disgusting surgery on you to cut turds out of your body.

Keven posted:

Good question. The answer is, because it wont leak out and instead you'll get an impacted bowel and someone will have to do life threatening and disgusting surgery on you to cut turds out of your body.

dont troll.

Don't believe him. If you stop going to the bathroom your postcount just increases accordingly.
diapers!!!!!!!!!!
i knew a guy in high school who said that he could just not poop for days if he felt like it and now he has crohn's disease
dont you only meat

Keven posted:

i got to do a manual fecal disimpaction on an obese senile racist at the hospital the other day. he was pretty confused and was only oriented to himeslf so the whole time i was hooking impacted poops out of his ass with my well-lubed forefinger he was hollering about "god damned faggots all over this place." it ruled

he also probably got charged nine hundred dollars for the privilege. talk about surplus value!!!!

dank_xiaopeng posted:

i got to do a manual fecal disimpaction on an obese senile racist at the hospital the other day/quote]

Catchphrase

dank_xiaopeng posted:

Keven posted:

i got to do a manual fecal disimpaction on an obese senile racist at the hospital the other day. he was pretty confused and was only oriented to himeslf so the whole time i was hooking impacted poops out of his ass with my well-lubed forefinger he was hollering about "god damned faggots all over this place." it ruled

God, that we all could be so lucky