tpaine posted:

i mean what are we fucking six years old??

please don't be misogynist towards comrade conec.

[account deactivated]
yes.
everyone and everything is shit but i enjoy/prefer having an internally consistent belief system so my purpose in arguing with other people is to resolve potential inconsistencies in it, even if the world itself never gets any better. there is no purpose in arguing with people who you know have nothing to contribute to your own understanding of the world, but i think there are at least a few people who post here with whom arguments are enlightening.

of course not arguing with anyone makes perfect sense if you feel like you have reached your own personal end-state and you have truly become the natty ice buddha. which sounds pretty great tbh
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
though i guess that's beside the point and i agree, having to preemptively defend against bullshit strawmen is stupid, no one should do it, and people who invent bullshit strawmen should be eliminated

tpaine posted:

drwhat posted:
of course not arguing with anyone makes perfect sense if you feel like you have reached your own personal end-state and you have truly become the natty ice buddha. which sounds pretty great tbh

mods? this reads like a personal attack. i prefer higher gravity beers than the comparatively weak natural ice. tyvm

look i know that rapes have occurred and that's not what i'm saying

[account deactivated]
i don't know a lot about american beer brands. i am used to just going and getting huge bottles of fin du monde and finning my monde with them
[account deactivated]
*tpaine wrestles with the futility of all human striving*
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

drwhat posted:

i don't know a lot about american beer brands. i am used to just going and getting huge bottles of fin du monde and finning my monde with them

Yeah, fin du monde is one of the greatest beers I've ever drank. Something with that high a percentage alcohol shouldn't taste so good.

[account deactivated]
on opposite day
Delerium tremens is real good too, although I prefer old chubb
[account deactivated]
i wanna... freakin.. be sucked into orbit around a beer before i drink that sh*t
geez louise almost no one here does the "i want to acknowledge first that yes X obvious thing does happen" bit at all, it's mostly restricted to complete nerdlingers like me and Petrol and even we don't usually do it.
we just try to save time in our busy lifestyles. if we prefaced every israel thread with a grueling description of tel aviv bathed in nuclear fire at the behest of JDPON as the ceremonial conclusion of the global people's war then we'd get bogged down and the lurkers would flock to more refined websites like gawker and stormfront.
i love your 'tar 'fisc
its a good one
one of the best i've seen, suprising it took til 2016 to see it in action. seems so obvious in retrospect
Thank Makeshift_Swahili.

aerdil posted:

i was reading an old rhizzone thread about syria the other day looking for this atlantic article http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/02/the-syrian-opposition-is-disappearing-from-facebook/283562/

and man, sam kriss, babyfinland, and thug lessons had a lot of bad and wrong posts. so weird they dont post here anymore.

hm

tom is fat
and name searches

babyfinland posted:

aerdil posted:

i was reading an old rhizzone thread about syria the other day looking for this atlantic article http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/02/the-syrian-opposition-is-disappearing-from-facebook/283562/

and man, sam kriss, babyfinland, and thug lessons had a lot of bad and wrong posts. so weird they dont post here anymore.

hm

hmm