[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lol
[account deactivated]
aeiou
Solidarity!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/high-class-hookers-sex-strike/story-e6freuy9-1226312151541

It's weird how much the left seems to hate prostitutes. Everyone else they will fight for respectable wages and conditions but not sex workers.
lefts ar eprudes

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

yo its almost like white people wanna punish women 4 havin sex or somethin regardless of their ideologies lol

vinyl posted:

yo its almost like white people wanna punish women 4 havin sex or somethin regardless of their ideologies lol

diagnosis: a curious case of anglo-saxon disease

here's a cool essay on why prostitution shouldnt be treated like other work

http://www.feminisms.org/3934/why-does-the-left-want-prostitution-to-be-a-job-like-any-other/

pogfan1996 posted:

http://www.feminisms.org/3934/why-does-the-left-want-prostitution-to-be-a-job-like-any-other/

Wickam explains that: “Karl Marx viewed prostitutes as victims of the capitalist system,” hoping that prostitution would vanish alongside capitalism. He goes on to say that Marx “viewed the abolition of prostitution as a necessary part of ending capitalism.”

So why are progressives promoting the idea that prostitution is simply the selling of a service? Why are abolitionists being paired alongside the Christian right? Why is the conversation around prostitution not one that is framed by a desire for freedom from oppression but, instead seems rooted in a starting place that says, decidedly, “well, we give up”.

Because we haven't ended capitalism doofuses, and as long as it's still around we should let workers of any kind organize how they see fit and march and fight of their rights. Not doing this is basically marxist slut-shaming saying: "by virtue of your work and what you do with your bodies, you are unfit for collective action or participation"

The real question is why Meghan Murphy thinks she can speak on behalf of workers.

pogfan1996 posted:

Wickam explains that: “Karl Marx viewed prostitutes as victims of the capitalist system,” hoping that prostitution would vanish alongside capitalism. He goes on to say that Marx “viewed the abolition of prostitution as a necessary part of ending capitalism.”

So why are progressives promoting the idea that prostitution is simply the selling of a service? Why are abolitionists being paired alongside the Christian right? Why is the conversation around prostitution not one that is framed by a desire for freedom from oppression but, instead seems rooted in a starting place that says, decidedly, “well, we give up”.

Because we haven't ended capitalism doofuses, and as long as it's still around we should let workers of any kind organize how they see fit and march and fight of their rights. Not doing this is basically marxist slut-shaming saying: "by virtue of your work and what you do with your bodies, you are unfit for collective action or participation"

The real question is why Meghan Murphy thinks she can speak on behalf of workers.

whos meghan murphy

jesus in another post she says this

Sex work may well be necessary for many, many women. Many women must resort to prostitution in order to survive. There should be no judgement in this circumstance. We live in a world that doesn’t always leave us with many options. Survival is a priority.

Great! agreed! so let them organize for rights, wages and safer conditions and stand behind them in doing so.

is she fine as hell?
i dont think that essay is saying that they shouldn't organize at all!! she advocates moving from a "prostitution = work" model to the nordic model in the essay
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

vinyl posted:
is she fine as hell?

she's probably doing ok if you asked her

da fuck

pogfan1996 posted:
i dont think that essay is saying that they shouldn't organize at all!! she advocates moving from a "prostitution = work" model to the nordic model in the essay

i dunno, that's like telling workers a tractor factory that they can keep making tractors but no-one is allowed to buy them. Not very worker-friendly to me

why would a worker in a tractor factory need a personal fuckin tractor
what that's...not what i'm saying
Lol iwc wants tractor workers to have thoyusands of tractors. Wat da fuck hahaha, loser, who the hell wants 1ooo tractors? jEsus christ.

Crow posted:

this was the henry ford model and it worked pretty good. jus' saiyan...

AmericanNazbro posted:

Crow posted:

Lmao no it didnt. it collapsed faster than the Soviet union. lol

i think marxists just have contempt for prostitutes because they also own the means of productions....they're kinda like sex-kulaks

Crow posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

Crow posted:

Lmao no it didnt. it collapsed faster than the Soviet union. lol

my high school history class really failed me. damn.

Crow posted:
Laws of man are just pretend they aiint miiiiinne *bonks own head with giant mallet*

I totally love the cartoon world where all of my cartoon friends live! They are more realistic than any network drama, they are truer than the news, and they are so wonderful to me

GoldenLionTamarin posted:
why does every writer think theyre bad. maybe its because writing itself is bad. hmm.

thats just false modesty, all writing is vanity irl

can consent be purchased

at the end of the day, isnt all payment nothing more than a way of simply making our various physical and spiritual rapes tolerable enough for us to continue?
the non-relatedness of consent and desire can create a confusing sitiation

Superabound posted:
can consent be purchased

at the end of the day, isnt all payment nothing more than a way of simply making our various physical and spiritual rapes tolerable enough for us to continue?

poopy titty