[account deactivated]
I mean, yeah that too? I'm talking about the degenerates who would be making memes in the first place, people who freeze up and refuse to go to events because someone might be mean to them. Shut-ins and other types, potential posters on this forum so to speak

Urbandale posted:

I mean, yeah that too? I'm talking about the degenerates who would be making memes in the first place, people who freeze up and refuse to go to events because someone might be mean to them. Shut-ins and other types, potential posters on this forum so to speak

You have made a weak enemy today.

Urbandale posted:

I wonder why y'all can't get anyone to join. must be the stupidly of the US population, or maybe economic conditions /sarcasm

Idk commie parties have grown pretty fast in the last few years. It wasn't too long ago that the image of a party here was old bearded white dudes. Maybe it still looks like that some places/parties tho idk
There's been massive growth here as well. Two dozen people instead of a dozen it's astonishing
There's distinct generations of people from those in their early twenties to those in their early thirties who regularly talk to one another. After that it's scattered people in their late thirties and then nothing until like 65 plus. If that pattern holds for another couple student cycles we've fuckin got ourselves a Left.

stegosaurus posted:

There's distinct generations of people from those in their early twenties to those in their early thirties who regularly talk to one another. After that it's scattered people in their late thirties and then nothing until like 65 plus. If that pattern holds for another couple student cycles we've fuckin got ourselves a Left.

I'll use my first post, then, to yell out from the nothing zone's fog, between the late 30s/65+ group; who knows, maybe I'm the only 40ish-something person here. Not that I planned to make it this far.

ReverendVice posted:

stegosaurus posted:

I'll use my first post, then, to yell out from the nothing zone's fog, between the late 30s/65+ group; who knows, maybe I'm the only 40ish-something person here. Not that I planned to make it this far.

i was referring to salt lake county but I feel like the situation here is similar and I welcome u

[account deactivated]

Urbandale posted:

Idk commie parties have grown pretty fast in the last few years. It wasn't too long ago that the image of a party here was old bearded white dudes. Maybe it still looks like that some places/parties tho idk

Image is immaterial, plus no one said anything about white dudes. you, as an individual, with a psl sig, just made a series of condescending defensive posts. i won't assume more. that's the problem u have mate

Who wants degenerate shut ins in their party. Those guys will never accomplish anything, not even a single bake sale or schism over a bake sale.
This is Urbandale by the way, for any new posters here like PatrickStasi.

[account deactivated]
Good idea maybe stop calling people racists.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
'lol if' you didn't think "i should make a thread called So, who wants to go flyer Rhizzone Forum this weekend?'" when u read the name of the op

stegosaurus posted:

There's been massive growth here as well. Two dozen people instead of a dozen it's astonishing

It only took like 19 guys to do 9/11. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

getfiscal posted:

stegosaurus posted:
It only took like 19 guys to do 9/11. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

oh is that what flyer means, i get it now

stegosaurus posted:

but enough about this forum,

That's inaccurate, we also have a hardcore contingent of Naderites pretending to be Feminazis, plus two Beatniks pretending to be HB-10s
[account deactivated]
neo-borglebums

animedad posted:

Urbandale posted:

Image is immaterial, plus no one said anything about white dudes. you, as an individual, with a psl sig, just made a series of condescending defensive posts. i won't assume more. that's the problem u have mate

sorry if im coming off as shitty tbh. what i meant by 'here' was the general US left in the early 2000s. my post before that was a joke about myself. and getfiscal of course.

FormerWizard posted:

Come to butthead.

tHE n i C e z z o N e

Ufuk_Surekli posted:

animedad posted:

you've got it! by god you've got it

if we make our rhizzone posts just a tad lest condescending and defensive our communist organizations will explode with membership

let a thousand flowers bloom boys, we've cracked it!

oh cool yeah let's go do that actually

I can totally organize a bake sale for communism.
[account deactivated]
it can be both

does anyone know how to bake cookies shaped like stalins head. i can decorate them
goodnight and goodluck. may your bake sales flourish
[account deactivated]

If we are to no platform anyone, let us, in the future, refuse to give a platform to those who want only to disrupt. Let’s reject all those who offer nothing but smug performances of pseudo-politics.

We at Zero Books, despite our disagreements with some of his ideas and arguments, stand with Žižek.

lmao, nice, uh, martovism

This one's way better even though it's written by Trotskys.
http://lrp-cofi.org/statements/zizek_052816.html
During the next inter-imperialist world war i'll think back wistfully to those heady days of absurdity, when Zizek spoke at Left Forum
doug lain full on buys the mark fisher vampire castle line on performativity in left politics. one of his worst podcast episodes was where he brought on glenn loury, an 80s-era black conservative troll to talk abt how the possibility for truth and sincerity in discourse is lost b/c of virtue signalling, which is clearly basic and wrong, esp to ppl that post here. even loury came off more principled than doug b/c he made it clear the reason he couldn't be a full blown neoconservative anymore was b/c his white comrades couldn't let go of the bell curve even after being thoroughly disproven, while all doug did was talk abt how he was too afraid to express what he really thought for fear of silencing or ostracism. like i dunno how these ppl operate in daily life when ppl joke around, overidentify w/things, have emotions, leave things unsaid etc

come post here doug