[account deactivated]
That's so god damn fucking gross. forcing regular people to use tor like a garden variety sailor or pedophile is fucking gross. The silk road's prices are outrageous. the assassins market doesnt even seem to be real. i'm ticked off
they're doing the same thing concurrently in USA, or at least trying to using the guise of internet piracy as justification
Good. I know it's not pleasant on the surface of it but regardless of whether you're left and right i think we can agree that there's too much of a concern about "privacy" and the "sanctity of the individual" and all this other effusive nonsense that stands in the way of humanity working together.

And i know it's a glib saying that's often misused, but there really is some validity to the idea that if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to worry about.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
Good. I know it's not pleasant on the surface of it but regardless of whether you're left and right i think we can agree that there's too much of a concern about "privacy" and the "sanctity of the individual" and all this other effusive nonsense that stands in the way of humanity working together.

And i know it's a glib saying that's often misused, but there really is some validity to the idea that if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to worry about.

this is about privatizing the massive domestic espionage complex, which has existed for decades, not about its development.

this is really stupid justification for the use of structural violence by a western liberal-capitalist state apparatus against it's own population.

you're essentially arguing that the ends justifies the means, when that end game here is to maintain an oppressive economic caste system through the use of state violence. even by your own standards of contrarianism for the sake of being an internet rebel without a cause, this opinion is magnitudes more regressive. being such a worthlessly craven effete loser who views the eternal suffering and misery of the underclass as nothing more than a punchline to ideological flights of fancy, that is what stands in the way of humanity uniting - lack of conviction. it is not, whatever you were talking about, that is a mere symptom of a world plagued by soulless, yet animated husks.

liberalism killed God in the 19th century; in the 20th century liberalism killed communism. in the 21st century, liberalism will finally destroy the planet, though, perhaps the world is long overdo on a reprieve from hairless apes flinging poisonous bile everywhere.

AmericanNazbro posted:

this is really stupid justification for the use of structural violence by a western liberal-capitalist state apparatus against it's own population.

you're essentially arguing that the ends justifies the means, when that end game here is to maintain an oppressive economic caste system through the use of state violence. even by your own standards of contrarianism for the sake of being an internet rebel without a cause, this opinion is magnitudes more regressive. being such a worthlessly craven effete loser who views the eternal suffering and misery of the underclass as nothing more than a punchline to ideological flights of fancy, that is what stands in the way of humanity uniting - lack of conviction. it is not, whatever you were talking about, that is a mere symptom of a world plagued by soulless, yet animated husks.

liberalism killed God in the 19th century; in the 20th century liberalism killed communism. in the 21st century, liberalism will finally destroy the planet, though, perhaps the world is long overdo on a reprieve from hairless apes flinging poisonous bile everywhere.

If i actually believed it I wouldn't be posting here. In fact i'm reading a book about the UK's growing surveillance society right now and i'm reasonably well informed about what technocratic neoliberalism is doing to us, especially in a small crowded laboratory like UK where the effects have been concentrated and the results stark and visible.

I mean

No shit.

It's not brave or noble or particularly clever but I just like playing around with political rhetoric sometimes, i've seen you do it too.

Chillax, one love.

this is pretty shitty man, youre advocating schizophrenia as statecraft

cleanhands posted:

this is pretty shitty man, youre advocating schizophrenia as statecraft

it was ever thus.

i mean by all means talk about the genius of simultaneously advocating individualism in the abstract and criminalising it in practice, that shit is tight from the state's perspective
don't forget the uk already has a secret blacklist. as far as i know the iwf's been run pretty above board but no points for seeing where this is going
wasn't this an april fools joke

littlegreenpills posted:

the joke is your posts

The April 2012 issue of Harper’s Magazine includes “The Warrior Class,” a feature by Charles Glass on the rise of private-security contractors since 9/11. The conclusion to the piece describes a series of videos shown to Glass by a source who had worked for the private-security company Blackwater (now Academi, formerly also Xe Services) in Iraq. Clips and photos from the videos are shown below

http://harpers.org/archive/2012/04/hbc-90008515

Driving along a wide boulevard in Baghdad, the lead vehicle swerved close to the curb of a traffic island. A woman in a black full-length burka began to cross the street. The vehicle struck the woman and knocked her unconscious body into the gutter. The cars slowed for a moment, but did not stop, nor did they even determine whether the victim was dead or alive. A voice in the car taking the video said, “Oh, my God!” Yet no one was heard on the radio requesting help for her. Most sickeningly, the sequence had been set to an AC/DC song, whose pounding, metallic chorus declared: “You’ve been… thunderstruck!”

Blackwater helicopters shot at targets below in a Baghdad street.

I totally didn't know blackwater had their own armed choppers

lol n00b
theyve got littlebirds with shit attached to them. i dont think they have apaches. yet
academi formerly known as xe formerly known as blackwater

AmericanNazbro posted:
they're doing the same thing concurrently in USA, or at least trying to using the guise of internet piracy as justification

wasn't it that thing that was in a bill about online child predators where it demanded that ISPs log user's history for about six months or something?