xipe posted:

What kind of info do you look for in a company and how do you find out out?

You put community organising as a key ingredient, what connections between unions and communities are there, would these have campaigns that they'd support each other out in say?

I just wanna revisit this because it's topical to something in working on. Community alliances are fucking hard. It is so difficult especially when you're working in the realm of real politics and community benefit agreements or even local elections, to keep a coalition together. Politicians and companies will often try to buy off the weakest link and if they take the bait it can spell doom for the coalition. Unions are notorious for taking deals with companies that screw over the rest of the community, like buildings trades supporting a development that would give them jobs but evict low income neighbors or like the unions backing DAPL pipeline in spite of the protest. These unions think they're doing what they should be because they have a duty to their members first. This is not solidarity and no matter how you try to dress it up it ultimately works in the ruling class favor. I have more to say about this but I just needed to bring this up right now because it's on my mind

Edited by statickinetics ()

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

We are living our best lives.

congratulation!!

i do nothing except work, recently, but if i had time to check in on it i am sure my life is great! i am told by reliable sources that it is! welcome to the fun!