what is he even gonna do when he's out? start up non profit? become a university president?

c_man posted:

what is he even gonna do when he's out? start up non profit? become a university president?

obama for mayor of new york

nobody here likes the president but, still, this was Surprisingly Good
mods please change this thread title to "obama sucked so bad' on jan 20th at 12:01 PM EST
change it to "98 problems"

insta_gramsci posted:

it's pretty clear that he's trying to smooth over the "war on whistleblowers" part of his Legacy Card by commuting the sentence of the most progressively-salient whistleblower on paper that there is

a reporter asked, well what about snowden, and the state department mouthpiece said the usual (and false) "well he willfully fled to an adversarial country" and added "...who we now know attempted to undermine our election etc"

even obama's good acts, as few and far in between as those are, are shamelessly self-serving

the thing i'm finding really interesting is the sudden narrative reversal. back in 2013, manning/snowden was overwhelmingly framed as a straightforward bad/good whistleblower dichotomy in the media. "goofball anarchist" vs. Serious Disillusioned Insider

now, geez, the "stark differences" are stark in the opposite way:

Press Secretary Josh Earnest: "There are some important differences, including the scale of the crime, the crimes that were committed, and the consequences of their crimes. Obviously, the—as Chelsea Manning has acknowledged, and as we have said many times, the release of the information that she provided to WikiLeaks was damaging to national security. But the disclosures by Edward Snowden were far more serious and far more dangerous."

i wasn't even aware of this switcheroo until i saw a friend reverse takes just as abruptly; now snowden was more reckless, because his thing had some or other info on unspecified ongoing foreign operations, which is way "worse" than diplomatic cables, and so on

anyway the important thing is, we can place them on adjacent scales and focus our institutional hate just so

Obama is insanely good now, you guys
Obama: the Cause of, and Solution to, all Democrat problems
goatstein update: owned by obama itt

gyrofry posted:

change it to "98 problems"

sexcopter,

Let's all get Obamatars! It's 2008 again baby!
thank you obama, best president ever, your legacy is secured here at the rhizzone your biggest fans amen
excited that we will be subject to at least 10 hip hop musicals about obama
https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/apology-on-jonathan-chaits-obama/

good click
Finally, Chait enters his final section, the vast majority of which consists of a 40-page chapter called “The Inevitability of Disappointment.”

i think i read an essay by Schopenhauer called that

i'm beginning to suspect that trump is not our dumbest president
[account deactivated]
When you get rid of prez but he still suckin

groundservices posted:

One way, I suppose, is to cast Third Way Democratic politics as a radical movement all its own, led by a revolutionary president — if only people could see it! Even if nobody does, it can at least help sort out the psychodrama that comes from waking up in a world where more and more people suspect you are not even really aligned with the ambitions of mainstream progressives, at least until the inevitable occurs and Chait’s “I didn’t leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left me” essay drops. Indeed, Obama, in Chait’s eyes, is already a Democrat in name only: his accomplishment has been to turn “the ethos of the banished moderate and liberal Republican wing — with its support for civil rights and openness to well-designed, market-friendly public solutions to social problems — into a highly effective blueprint for Democratic governance.” Obama, he writes, “gravitated toward the liberal Republican tradition, whose ideas shaped most of his program.” It is the most honest sentence in this whole assessment of the president’s legacy. This is what Jonathan Chait wants, the future he sees for himself, for Obama, and for the young people of the United States: the audacious ambitions of liberal Republicanism.

Ive been seeing people describing themselves as "radical centrists" an awful lot lately

Its like social democracy reset to 1917 thru some weird time loop that only affects ideas

think the word they're looking for might be "individualists"

Excuse me I would just like to say:

OBUNGLER

Thanks

Obama trying to interfere in France's election and prop up the center-right "post ideology" grifter so the fucked up status quo can careen on a little longer

ilmdge posted:

Obama trying to interfere in France's election and prop up the center-right "post ideology" grifter so the fucked up status quo can careen on a little longer

i think you mean manu found an obama soundboard and an underpaid intern (damn you loi khomri) to bedazzle the lyonnais libs

"mister president do you think when i am elected we should continue bombing mali" *sideeyes intern with the cursor already at the reponse, he does the ok sign* *click* "im positive"

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

When you get rid of prez but he still suckin

belgend posted:

ilmdge posted:

i think you mean manu found an obama soundboard and an underpaid intern (damn you loi khomri) to bedazzle the lyonnais libs

For a second I seriously thought it was an Obama impression but sadly, unsurprisingly, it is not

Belphegor posted:

belgend posted:

ilmdge posted:

For a second I seriously thought it was an Obama impression but sadly, unsurprisingly, it is not

i just hope we get the exact same vid in september for merkel

we get merkel videos every month, just check your inbox for BCCs from the deputy director
Seems like a better use of time than doing between two ferns tbh
since you asked, here's the list of board members of Obama foundation https://www.obama.org/whats-next/leadership/the-board/
i don't understand how many unironic goddamn obama fanboys there are now. did these people just awaken from an 8 year coma

spectralmarx posted:

since you asked, here's the list of board members of Obama foundation https://www.obama.org/whats-next/leadership/the-board/

lmao

it's kind of interesting that nobody ever applies these pop culture takes where like hillary clinton is khaleesi to obama, probably because they start and realize that "obama is Lando because uhhh " sounds bad
i am told that obama was "buckraking" lmao
lol if le pen gets elected
the liberal press is already getting ready to blame the left for the far right lmao:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/25/world/europe/france-melenchon-macron-le-pen.html

Marine Le Pen May Get a Lift From an Unlikely Source: The Far Left

But it is not clear where that vote will now go, not least because far-left populism and far-right populism may have more in common than the seemingly vast gulf between them on the political spectrum would suggest.

Mr. Mélenchon, 65, a former Trotskyite, ran a campaign denouncing banks, globalization and the European Union — just like Ms. Le Pen.

A grizzled orator with a penchant for Latin American dictators, he has the same forgiving attitude she does toward the Russian president, Vladimir V. Putin.

And like Ms. Le Pen, Mr. Mélenchon regularly attacked the news media during the campaign. On election night, after his defeat, he tore into what he called “mediacrats” and “oligarchs.” They were “rejoicing” over “two candidates who approve and want to maintain the current institutions” of government, the longtime fan of Castro and Hugo Chávez said.

thats such an amazing article of hackery lol im impressed
hey did you guys see how macron was hacked by fancy bear allegedly. funny how that always happens when capitalism's favored candidate has a slight dip in polls

aerdil posted:

the liberal press is already getting ready to blame the left for the far right lmao:

I actually like this article which is french left voters roasting both macron and le pen

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/26/death-of-the-french-left-why-voters-are-hesitating-over-macron

I see Marine Le Pen as a picture of hell and Macron as a capitalist marketing product. I am in hell.

ilmdge posted:

aerdil posted:

I actually like this article which is french left voters roasting both macron and le pen

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/26/death-of-the-french-left-why-voters-are-hesitating-over-macron

I see Marine Le Pen as a picture of hell and Macron as a capitalist marketing product. I am in hell.

welcome to america, france. a vote not for hillary is a vote for trump.