on mah way to lunch today, passed a tax office advertising special rates ongoing to the Big Day. a big fat mexican man dressed in a styrofoam statue of liberty costume, w/ great heaving styrofoam cleavage, danced frantically on the street corner... couldn't see his bleary eyes and permascowl until we were almost upon him. wasn't till i said "Howdy, man" that I found out that he couldn't speak english.

May God Bless The US of A.
i thought lyle had a scholarship
we're fucked and it's a good thing

cleanhands posted:

cleanhands posted:

please don't make fun of my day job.
every time i see somebody spinning some arrow sign on a street corner advertising a mattress sale or something nearby it fills me with sadness and rage at the same time
those dudes actually get paid. like $10/hr, and you get hours like a mofo.
i lurf going out in the summer heat and throwing around a piece of cardboard for hours on end to the benefit of entertained onlookers, for a menial sum of money. its a wild life.
you know they drug test regularly for those jobs, right?
[account deactivated]
funny, i gave one of those dudes in the statue of liberty things with a sign that said liek SEVEN DAYS LEFT TO FILE a cigarette as i was leaving the popeyes at myrte and broadway 2day

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
funny, i gave one of those dudes in the statue of liberty things with a sign that said liek SEVEN DAYS LEFT TO FILE a cigarette as i was leaving the popeyes at myrte and broadway 2day

That really is funny

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

whoa you interacted with a real working class????? your so cool...

get this: I was in amsterdam (weed XD) and went off the "beaten track" and found an authentic minority, I gave him a sandwich and I really felt like we "shared a moment." im two steps closer on the Quest for the Real now
god i was just saying thats quite a coincidence because i had a little moment where i thought about the (in this case west indian) statue of liberty dude having a shitty job and then got back home an hour later and read something about it. y'all are jerks
they're just jealous. tell me the story again, please
[account deactivated]
word.
when i wonder if i really even should be posting here anymore i see a tpaine post with 0 upvotes and i know my purpose
i asked some homeless black dude in a wheelchair how he was doing while i smoked outside a bar and he said i'm hungry man can u help me out and i was like nah sorry man i dont have any cash then i pulled out five bucks and bought myself another drink
[account deactivated]
Homeless ppl should probably be euthanized, imo

Crow posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

That really is funny

aerdil posted:
i asked some homeless black dude in a wheelchair how he was doing while i smoked outside a bar and he said i'm hungry man can u help me out and i was like nah sorry man i dont have any cash then i pulled out five bucks and bought myself another drink

If you gave money to every miserable homeless person you saw, you would be broke before long. People don't deserve extra points just because they hang around outside bars.

crustpunk_trotsky posted:
get this: I was in amsterdam (weed XD) and went off the "beaten track" and found an authentic minority, I gave him a sandwich and I really felt like we "shared a moment." im two steps closer on the Quest for the Real now

damn... not only did you pay to have sex with a minority, you bought them a sandwich too! wooooooow!

crustpunk_trotsky posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

whoa you interacted with a real working class????? your so cool...

wow.. i thought working class was extinct in america...

aerdil posted:

You were right, McCarthy.