but then you found out that that person had been posting on the Something Awful forums under the name 'Goatstein' for 8 years and it had all been a giant almost decade long troll would you still want to be with them?
that actually happened to me and the answer is, well, *points to pregnant belly*
i could never love a man who couldn't come to terms with his steampunk past
goat is procreating, he's objectively the most important person on the rhizzone
I got a baby, but his mama act like he ain't mine
peace to esg and all the victims of the game mane
RIP.
ywes
[account deactivated]
sounds jewish

getfiscal posted:
that actually happened to me and the answer is, well, *points to pregnant belly*

well this conclusively proves there are at least 12 people on ths forum

[account deactivated]
*points to pregnant belly*
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
no no no nono noo non non onono onnoonnoonon no
Ive only been on SA for 6 years
[account deactivated]
OP, you have described the person met as the perfect person. By definition, therefore, you have concurred that i am the ubermensch. ty
the ubermensch is not perfect
[account deactivated]
well yes sir i have been a goon for eight years, banned goon for one and a half
lambscam...

The_Schliski posted:
lambscam...

OOf *clutches chest*
What... or WHO... the heck is lambscam??

Impper posted:
the ubermensch is not perfect

Nice untermensch privilege

[account deactivated]
i met your father on a comedy website, where the internet makes you stupid, but our romance really blossomed during the World of Warcraft heyday
stalin would never do that

The_Schliski posted:
lambscam...

the day i found out she was alive was such a great day

Myfanwy posted:

The_Schliski posted:
lambscam...

the day i found out she was alive was such a great day

if i met the perfect person then by definition all of their actions must be perfect as well. i could only resign myself to the knowledge that the creation of "Goatstein" was part of some larger cosmic plan, whose true beauty i could only see one small and incomplete portion of, and that by simply letting go and giving myself intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, and yes, physically to this person and their ineffable plan, i would achieve the only happiness i could ever possibly know
and then i would lean over and whisper into "Goatstein's" ear: "your plan may be ineffable, but my ass sure isnt"
as zizek said if you love someone you love all of them not just certain parts that u get to pick and choose

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
as zizek said if you love someone you love all of them not just certain parts that u get to pick and choose

yes but when i married her i only married what was standing next to me at the time and made zero promises about anything that might grow on her or come out of her in the future. Also after 7 years she wont even be made up of any of the same cells anymore so technically thats like a completely different person anyway

if you meet the perfect person on the road kill him

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

I turn to Slavoj Zizek for all romantic advice