snipe
Do any of you guys know the name of that website with like the shitty midi techno music that's about joining the ananaki lizard people or whatever?

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
Do any of you guys know the name of that website with like the shitty midi techno music that's about joining the ananaki lizard people or whatever?

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/20718709

Prospero posted:
you know any interesting analysis on recent conspiracists developments? i dont "get" the general 'aaargh symbols! symbols everywhere' thing from vigilantcitizen people or the more out there stuff (like david icke saying there are space snakes flying in the sky and that the moon is colored etc)

masonic imagery is legitimately popular among famous and rich people (and has been for a long time). the jump from "they use it b/c it looks cool" to "they use it because it's meaningful" is pretty small and understandable

almost every fraternity as well as the lds church employ symbols and rituals from freemasonry
i hope ken joined a frat that has a really elaborate initiation ritual that they take really seriously and he tells us all about it
it almost assuredly involves the heavy-handed symbolism of going from the dark into the light by blindfolding guys for a long time and then making some vague commitment to a higher spirit to never reveal the secrets
i found out the frat i was briefly in was kicked off campus because they hazed a pledge that was in the army and he ended up in the hospital (but survived). on the advice of his co he snitched out everything

lot of mixed feelings but mostly mirth

thirdplace posted:
masonic imagery is legitimately popular among famous and rich people (and has been for a long time)

is it really though? cause the things ive read are literally "hark butterflies! the illuminati are trapping us with that butterfly on lady gaga's hand!"

Prospero posted:
is it really though? cause the things ive read are literally "hark butterflies! the illuminati are trapping us with that butterfly on lady gaga's hand!"

you ever looked at the back of a one dollar bill.. on wednesday?

thirdplace posted:

thats the thing tho, stoners used to be able to see something there and go "wow this is trippy, official dudes are onto crazier shit than they let on". there was some appreciation instead of just an all-covering dread. they smell satanic shit everywhere without wondering if it's in their nostrils

thirdplace posted:
i hope ken joined a frat that has a really elaborate initiation ritual that they take really seriously and he tells us all about it

yes, and, yes

well if by elaborate initiation ritual you mkean they drove us blindfolded to a golf course in beverley hills and then we had to raise one hand and confirm our commitment to the ideals of the fraternity 'so help me god' it was american as fuck and yeah they took it really seriously..... there were a bunch of candles and triangles and so on tho.... apparently over the course of the initiation deeper truths will be revealed or whatever. then we played beer pong w/ margaritas and i won
we had to sit blindfolded in the car for like 30 mins while the rest of the frat arrived... there was one other british lad there and, the americans were mute and terrified but we were just chatting about shit and the guys were banging on the windows being all 'no talking' lol
i believe basically every conspiracy theory btw, by which i mean that there are literally hundreds of secret societies who think they run the world and that the apparent chaos is all part of their Plan, whereas in fact its just actual chaos. there is a massive hidden dimension to world affairs but it contains absolutely no new information. as above, so below

deadken posted:
i believe basically every conspiracy theory btw, by which i mean that there are literally hundreds of secret societies who think they run the world and that the apparent chaos is all part of their Plan, whereas in fact its just actual chaos. there is a massive hidden dimension to world affairs but it contains absolutely no new information. as above, so below

i too have read robert anton wilson

ive never read a book in my life, thats how they get you

Prospero posted:

thirdplace posted:

thats the thing tho, stoners used to be able to see something there and go "wow this is trippy, official dudes are onto crazier shit than they let on". there was some appreciation instead of just an all-covering dread. they smell satanic shit everywhere without wondering if it's in their nostrils

oh i see what you mean

imo part of that is christians on the internet. where before your conventional types didn't really have access to alternative streams of information or the herbs that encourge you to create them yourself, now they are all chatting to oneanother in closed little loops. leads to a lot of "fresh" (actually mostly warmed over bircher stuff but It's New To Me, A 27 Year Old) modes of conspiracy. like, to the extent that the tea party wasn't a GOP marketing gimmick it was old white men finding the internet

the rest of it (again imo, always imo) is people feeling goosebumps as late-stage-capitalism walks over their graves. like probably 75 percent of what alex jones says makes sense if you do a find-replace function for "illuminati/NWO" and "global capital"

thirdplace posted:
probably 75 percent of what alex jones says makes sense if you do a find-replace function for "illuminati/NWO" and "global capital"

yeah alex jones serves as a really great way to discredit perfectly legitimate criticism of the activities of capital. if he scaled back the black helicopters shit and put a bit more work into the goings-on in the MIC or finance sector or whatever there's no way he'd be on the air imo

deadken posted:
well if by elaborate initiation ritual you mkean they drove us blindfolded to a golf course in beverley hills and then we had to raise one hand and confirm our commitment to the ideals of the fraternity 'so help me god' it was american as fuck and yeah they took it really seriously..... there were a bunch of candles and triangles and so on tho.... apparently over the course of the initiation deeper truths will be revealed or whatever. then we played beer pong w/ margaritas and i won

to me the interesting thing about the whole secret society ritual thing isn't really the substance of it (because goldstein is totally right there), but the way people approach it

shennong posted:
yeah alex jones serves as a really great way to discredit perfectly legitimate criticism of the activities of capital. if he scaled back the black helicopters shit and put a bit more work into the goings-on in the MIC or finance sector or whatever there's no way he'd be on the air imo

agreed

thirdplace posted:

deadken posted:

to me the interesting thing about the whole secret society ritual thing isn't really the substance of it (because goldstein is totally right there), but the way people approach it

oh absolutely, the content is always the same tired pseudo-masonic nonsense, worthy of at most a cursory psychoanalytic analysis (which i intend in due course to make), the whole thing is overshadowed by the fact of its secrecy, like i was p surprised to find out how little info there is on these things even on the internet, its aura is so bright the object itself is barely discernable

deadken posted:

thirdplace posted:

yes, and, yes

i dont know which is funnier.

that i didnt know until today there was a forum containing every one of the psychos that made lf fun to read in the first place.

or that dead "Red" ken is joining a fraternity in cali-fucking-fornia.

lmao. just lmao forever. i'm dying. i'm dead. fuck.
get a goddamn avatar ffs

WillieTomg posted:

deadken posted:

thirdplace posted:

yes, and, yes

i dont know which is funnier.

that i didnt know until today there was a forum containing every one of the psychos that made lf fun to read in the first place.

or that dead "Red" ken is joining a fraternity in cali-fucking-fornia.

i remember ur name but not ur posts, what did you do

sorry deadken but it's inevitable someone snitches on you for breaking the sacred trust of your frat brothers, there's no bond that runs deeper in american society, your life is now forfeit, i declare you homo sacer.

gyrofry posted:

I JUST GOT HERE GODDAMMIT LET ME CATCH MY FUCKING BREATH, SHIT

deadken posted:
i remember ur name but not ur posts, what did you do

this is forgivable b/c my posting was/is mostly forgettable but i try. when i have to. i guess.

how do you answer the question "what did you do"

what the fuck do people do on forums if not post. do people come onto forums to Do THings b/c if so i've been doing it way wrong for years
i wrote an accelerationism thread in D&D where by writing hella words and calling neoliberal ideology "accelerationism" and tenuously linking it to leftist thinkertypes i got D&D to tear their prevailing internal logic to bloody shreds. that was p. funny. i thought, anyway.

WillieTomg posted:
how do you answer the question "what did you do"

what the fuck do people do on forums if not post. do people come onto forums to Do THings b/c if so i've been doing it way wrong for years

well, you know, i single-handedly destroyed yospos & the book barn & tonelok's self-esteem and proved the existence of the jew conspiracy and invented the memes 'god exists' 'Dubstep.' and 'science is a degenerate form of marxism' and now i just post about my sex life the whole time. yknow

WillieTomg posted:
i wrote an accelerationism thread in D&D where by writing hella words and calling neoliberal ideology "accelerationism" and tenuously linking it to leftist thinkertypes i got D&D to tear their prevailing internal logic to bloody shreds. that was p. funny. i thought, anyway.

das kewl

in all seriousness lol if you believe the official version of 9/11
feel free to talk about conspiracy theories legitimately or Ghosts n stuff in the new forum there are too many silly threads and not enough interesting ones. reading conspiracy stuff is a guilty pleasure 4 me....
i would but i got banned for voting 5 on a grover's house minecraft thread!!!
just for yalls info excursus iii in cyclonopedia is an interesting sketch of the political consequences of conspiracy theory.. in short, decay (big surprise eh). "political pollution". read the book! post in the thread! god bless

mistersix posted:
just for yalls info excursus iii in cyclonopedia is an interesting sketch of the political consequences of conspiracy theory.. in short, decay (big surprise eh). "political pollution". read the book! post in the thread! god bless

tbqh i stopped reading that when i got a kindle, as the pdf linked in the thread was graphical rather than textual so it didnt convert to a legible size in .mobi format..... gotta get a epub or text pdf..

mistersix posted:

ive just been reading that bit actually..... i have a feeling cyclonopedia is gonna feature heavily in my literary cities: los angeles project Thing, i might post it

[account deactivated]
lmao ken your frat
what is your frat known for on campus?

thirdplace posted:
imo part of that is christians on the internet. where before your conventional types didn't really have access to alternative streams of information or the herbs that encourge you to create them yourself, now they are all chatting to oneanother in closed little loops. leads to a lot of "fresh" (actually mostly warmed over bircher stuff but It's New To Me, A 27 Year Old) modes of conspiracy. like, to the extent that the tea party wasn't a GOP marketing gimmick it was old white men finding the internet

yeah i think thats true, there was a crazy spike in the obama days. but even the 911 folks were already basking on the same harsh paranoid vibe as their day's islamophobes. it wasnt necessarily the same from the triangles-hunting people nowadays, but a pretty closed paranoia.

what really interests me nowadays about these folks is what informs beliefs about things like alien snakes in the sky or that the earth is hollow.

thirdplace posted:
the rest of it (again imo, always imo) is people feeling goosebumps as late-stage-capitalism walks over their graves. like probably 75 percent of what alex jones says makes sense if you do a find-replace function for "illuminati/NWO" and "global capital"

agreed, but that might also say some bad stuff about leftism tho