"In their repulsion from this rationalism and from the proletarian revolution, the middle classes fall back upon the barbarism of Fascism. The anti-Stalinist, anti-capitalist petty-bourgeois intellectuals, themselves the victims of the absolute division between mental and physical labor, do not know where to go or what to do. Unable to base themselves completely upon the modern proletariat, they turn inward, pursuing a self-destructive, soul-searching analysis of their own isolation, alienation and indecision."

-CLR James, 1950, preemptively owning a lot of peeps
it doesnt sound like he's owning so much as describing? this seems p obvious
wow immper doesnt understand owning. i learned a new thing today.
sounds like a pretty uptight guy
maybe if he was writing in 1850?
Yeah if he was writing about Stalin in 1850 I would qualify that as ownage.
im p sure there were anti stalinists in 1850 bro
the angel of history is an anti-stalinist so yes
haha i thought that said 'cuidado cointelpro' for a second and worried that yall were on to me
That quote would own more if it were a Big Dog saying it

Meursault posted:

Meursault posted:

If You Can't Run With The Big Dogs

STAY AT THE REICHSTAG!!!

im glad someone is making use of the friedmandick av
jools tried to trick me into using that avatar but i told him i didn't want any friedman signifier messin' with my carefully constructed posting persona

we all saw what happened to thug lessons/hitchens
pre-emptively owning a lot of peopel, like himself?
whats that quote in the context of? just curious. i still have to read black jacobins and stuff. i wanna watch that thing he did with EP thompson too. good historians ftw
[account deactivated]
ya he did kind of own himself there lol
remind me to consult more historians before making any potentially catastrophic forums-related decisions
does anyone know what Santayana said about avatar changes?
http://www.kpfa.org/archive/id/57736
owned? me? phah. you didn't own me. i don't see anyone owned round here. yes sirree, status: unowned.
Marxian analysis of Fascism is always self-ownage

RIP to the martyrs

dollfuss looks like a real sweetheart, gentle eyes
codreanu is a total dreamboat. tell me you wouldn't get on that at the same time as being a heterosexual female

littlegreenpills posted:
codreanu is a total dreamboat. tell me you wouldn't get on that at the same time as being a heterosexual female

hes def got this clive oweny thing going for him

"It cannot be denied that Fascism and similar movements aimed at the establishment of dictatorships are full of the best intentions and that their intervention has for the moment saved European civilization. The merit that Fascism has thereby won for itself will live on eternally in history."
- Ludwig von Mises

getfiscal posted:
"It cannot be denied that Fascism and similar movements aimed at the establishment of dictatorships are full of the best intentions and that their intervention has for the moment saved European civilization. The merit that Fascism has thereby won for itself will live on eternally in history."
- Ludwig von Mises

i hope wherever you are you can feel this upvote mr. von mises, because im doing it as hard as i can

awww shit
uh oh impper doesn't understand owning
as a tried and true gin-u-wine member of the proletariat, how could i?
20QELTebVwI
good quote, has given me much to think about as i sit alone in my room and smoke weed.
live footage:
did fyad implode too?
I HAVE A FUCKIGN THREAD IN THE LF GOLDMINE YOU NOOB
good thing im sitting alone in a hotel alley reeking of shit pirating their lobby's wifi or that woulda cut a little too close to home
damn this thread is just full of so much ownage at every turn
he only "owned himself" there if the only words you read were anti-stalinist and fascist in which case you're only owning your illiterate self