[account deactivated]
the muslim horde just bides it time to unleash hell upon christians as soon as major, externally-driven events occur in their home countries
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
why should Christians in the Middle East be treated any better than Muslims in the West
Oh so the plan is kicking into phase two, interesting:
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Politics/2011/Sep-23/149512-lebanons-arabic-press-digest---sept-23-2011.ashx#ixzz1adLcKNOX

the plan is obviously to "encourage" christians to migrate from muslim lands, the presence of christians who've been living peacefully among muslims is an inconvient truth for the western pr machine.
those poor christians. where can they emigrate to??

animedad posted:
those poor christians. where can they emigrate to??

Heaven. by killing themselves

what's it like being a coptic egyptian.
[account deactivated]
Remember when the Egyptian government slaughtered all the Copts' pigs, either out of ignorance of the nature of swine flu or using it as an excuse, then Cairo had an even bigger waste disposal problem than before because there were no longer any pigs to eat organic waste?
sad to see religion cause division and conflict.
all earthling religions are essentially the same

littlegreenpills posted:

the only religions that ever even came close to getting it right were the ancient sun worshipers. the Sun is the source of all power and life on Earth. Must humans not wear protective garments to stand in its presence? Does staring into its countenance not strike a man with blindness? Does it not possess the ability to create illusions in the desert? For all we know the divinity of Christ was simply the result of the beneficial in vivo mutation of selective gene groups, courtesy of his desert-dwelling mother's exposure to solar radiation. In fact, that is what most modern Biblical scholars believe happened

Superabound posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

the only religions that ever even came close to getting it right were the ancient sun worshipers. the Sun is the source of all power and life on Earth. Must humans not wear protective garments to stand in its presence? Does staring into its countenance not strike a man with blindness? Does it not possess the ability to create illusions in the desert? For all we know the divinity of Christ was simply the result of the beneficial in vivo mutation of selective gene groups, courtesy of his desert-dwelling mother's exposure to solar radiation. In fact, that is what most modern Biblical scholars believe happened

Lol Jean Baudrillard parachute account????

noavbazzer posted:
Lol Jean Baudrillard parachute account????

the thin membrane, the Living Stratum of the Earth is defined as the place of meeting and spiritual conflict between Ahura Mazda (fusion, the Light, the Sun, Invigorating Heat, the Giver of Life, the Out There) and Angra Mainyu (fission, the Dark, the Cavern, Devouring Heat, the Taker of the Dead, the Inner Core)

006.074 Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: "Takest thou idols for gods? For I see thee and thy people in manifest error."

006.075 So also did We show Abraham the power and the laws of the heavens and the earth, that he might (with understanding) have certitude.

006.076 When the night covered him over, He saw a star: He said: "This is my
Lord." But when it set, He said: "I love not those that set."

006.077 When he saw the moon rising in splendour, he said: "This is my Lord." But when the moon set, He said: "unless my Lord guide me, I shall surely be among those who go astray."

006.078 When he saw the sun rising in splendour, he said: "This is my Lord; this is the greatest (of all)." But when the sun set, he said: "O my people! I am indeed free from your (guilt) of giving partners to God.

006.079 "For me, I have set my face, firmly and truly, towards Him Who created the heavens and the earth, and never shall I give partners to God."
the suns gonna die soon. theres nothing we can do about it.
THE SUN NEVER SETS UPON THIS EARTH, IT IS WE WHO TURN AWAY FROM HIM

Superabound posted:
THE SUN NEVER SETS UPON THIS EARTH, IT IS WE WHO TURN AWAY FROM HIM

the sons gonna die soon. theres nothing we can do about it. - Christians
can anyone provide me some good books or sites for learning more about coptic christianity
the tiny little bit i 'know' of coptic christianity is from a class on east/northeast africa and that movie square grouper
google "bacon shawarma"
nah, post that let me google that for you link and ill consider clicking it
i hadn't tried it myself, i didn't expect anything funny or interesting to come out of it

how wrong i was

littlegreenpills posted:

i hadn't tried it myself, i didn't expect anything funny or interesting to come out of it

how wrong i was

romblf i though it was mildly humorous just when he was staring mouth agape into the camera but when it showed him in b&w fitfully awaking i lit. l.o.l'd

Superabound posted:
why should Christians in the Middle East be treated any better than Muslims in the West

because all christians are white.... except for those african ones

This is an article i wrote about one of the many things i find weird in the Middle East. As you all know, the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict is always raging. But if you ever visit the area, you won't find things to be so simple. I never published this article as i think it might be too controversial and misunderstood by a whole lot of people.
But here on the SA forums, I think you’ll like it, Enjoy!

** One would think that the West Bank is a region of constant conflict and war. The media un-endlessly showers us with images of violence and destruction, forming an idea in the back of our mind that this area will never ever change. However, the reality is far from being that simple.

It is Saturday night, the streets of Bethlehem are filled with cars buzzing back and forth, beautiful women stare out of the windows while their boyfriends and husbands cautiously and aggressively watch bystanders attempting to strip their lovers with their eyes. Everyone is rushing towards their intended destination. Any onlooker would have problems rationalizing the idea that the West Bank is poverty stricken when they see polished and new BMWs , Mercedes’, and Hummers rolling across the streets of the so called “War Zone”. The idea becomes even more unfathomable when one walks into one of the many bars and cafés that are packed with people, filled with waiters juggling alcohol back and forth, and pumping with the newest music.

As soon as you walk into one of these bars you lose all sense of being in the West Bank. Disco lights travel amidst the crowds of dancing people, the bar is full of customers downing whisky and vodka shots and somewhere in between all of this you find a DJ mixing his own version of the latest western hits. What is even more unimaginable is the women dressed in miniskirts and revealing tops, their delicate chests are lined with jewelry, their bags are either from GUCCI or D&G and their faces are carefully lined with layers of makeup. At this point one begins to remember the images of veiled women throwing rocks on BBC and CNN, an oxymoron at its best. A quick look at the men gives a similar impression, these aren’t bearded terrorists wearing turbans and throwing rocks while yelling “death to the West”, they are nothing even close to that. Some are wearing suit’s with ties, some keep their shirts open to display a chest full of hair and gold chains in an attempt to project a tough guy image as they suck on a Cohiba cigar; others are wearing skinny jeans and sporting spiky hair. No, this definitely isn’t the West Bank you see on TV.

The night goes on, some people drink too much and can’t hold their liquor, a scuffle begins suddenly and ends even more abruptly, security is always on the lookout for troublemakers in fear that their cash cow of a business will suffer a loss. Midnight approaches and the drinks are still being served. However, slowly but surely, the bar begins to empty up. But do not be fooled, people aren’t leaving to go home, the night is still young, and there is more to come.

The revving engines of new cars pollute the streets as everyone is quickly heading towards one of their destinations before the buzz of alcohol fades away. Miraculously, the local police are well aware of all the drinking and driving taking place, but they turn a blind eye. Some people remember to buy cigarettes from one of the many stores that stay open till 6 am on Saturday night. Other’s head to a liquor store and down some more alcohol there since it is considered more “economical”. And finally, people begin to drive to one of the four local discos.

Close to 150 cars can be seen parked outside any of the clubs, the people that come here are clad in the most expensive of clothing and looking their best; after all, in today’s world images are everything. Tipsily people stagger inside towards the reception where they purchase their 50 NIS (16 $) tickets and then proceed down to the bar. Heavy security is present at all entrances and carefully scan every person going inside; even sending some people they don’t approve of back out where they came from if they don’t pass face control.

Inside, the atmosphere is even more loose than at the previous bars, the skirts are shorter, couples are kissing and the drinking gets harder and harder. One of the top DJ’s carefully switches between Arabic and Western music depending on the mood of the people. The cocktails here sell for an average of 45 NIS (13 USD), the premium kinds come with their nice decoration of fruits and you can even purchase a watermelon filled with vodka for 100 NIS (32$). Everyone is greeting each other and finding a place to sit, the smoke of cigarettes and shisha’s fill every part of the nightclub and the waiters always have a smile on their face.

“Yes I drink, and I am a Muslim, but pork is where I draw the line” says a chuckling client, “could you bring me a sandwich without any bacon?” he says to the waiter. “I never understood you Fawze” bellows another man sporting a cross as big as the Pope’s. “You either do it all or you don’t do it at all”. Both men burst in laughter and bump their glasses of alcohol together before drinking them down in one take. An even more absurd situation follows when an Arab man walks towards a blond haired client, slaps him in a friendly way on the back and then clearly says in a loud voice “Moshe (A Jewish name), my friend, are you having fun?”. “Definitely!”, replies Moshe “Jerusalem is too overpriced these days anyway, do you know how much I would pay for a Green Label there?”

And so with every moment that passes you begin to break down another stereotype surrounding this part of the world. The biggest one comes when you see one of the many gay couples dancing and embracing in the most intimate of ways. You try to remind yourself that you are in the Palestinian Territories, that this doesn’t happen here, but your eyes don’t deceive you, it does; and it is happening right in front of you.

It is 5 AM and the lights flicker on, everyone knows it is time to leave, the crowd yells out to the DJ. “More, more, more!”. But no more comes, people pay their final bills and huddle out of the nightclub. Some look happy, some couples are embracing as they walk out, other people look like they could use a decade of sleep, and there is always that drunk asking for just one more shot at the bar. Outside, the cars are zipping away, some back to the Jerusalem checkpoint, some as far back as Ramallah (Northern West Bank) and others back to their hotels.

Yes, it is never as simple as it seems. And this kind of atmosphere isn’t restricted to the Bethlehem Area. If anything Ramallah has an even more intense party scene. This leaves one with numerous questions. Are people really all that different? Is the world actually converging to a somewhat similar universal culture? And if people can get along in a nightclub, why can’t they do it in everyday life? Optimistic thinking, it is never that simple.**
the best hummus ive ever had was from a recipe my Jewish friend got from her Palestinian ex-boyfriend. consumption busts barriers brah

Break bread wit the enemy
But no matter how many cats I break bread wit
I'll break who you sendin me
You motherfucker never wanted nothin
But your life said, that's for the light day
I'm gettin down, down
Make it say freeze
But won't be the one endin up on his knees
Please, If the only thing you cats did is come out to play
Stay out my way, motherfucker
The author of that article never met khamsek in ramallah
michael oren is a duma ss
I prefer O-ren Ishii
my last name used to be oren before my parents got married so i asked one of the hasidic campus recruiter dudes if it would be enough to let me go on birthright and he scowled at me
[account deactivated]
I want a live audio feed of tpaine's posts done in likeHunter Thompson voice, and you can hear the clip of the nehnehneh cat playing in the background and like things getting knocked over
[account deactivated]

Meursault posted:
and like things getting knocked over

only thing t paine knocks over is liquor stores