Groulxsmith posted:
leveraged sellout was so terrible its author either doesn't really work in the industry or just wanted to write tawdry tucker maxesque stuff based on legends and movies and books from the 70s and 80s

the reality of a banker's life is far more banal, i don't see the point in throwing up stories of personal excess and vapidity as a polemic when the consequences of reality itself is far more damning

it's seriously the kind of book middle office guys read and would try to emulate, not a real telling look at an elite though

ya, but the former is more interesting

do you still work in financial trading?

getfiscal posted:
some development ngos looked at how obviously bad microcredit can get and that's why you see the buzzword "micropayment" now where like a charity will give a person like a few dollars so they can buy a piece of tin for a roof or whatever. which is better but like... guys... it's 2012 and you just came up with the idea of "give poor people some money". it's like you fly in all these advisers and raise millions of dollars through aggressive marketing campaigns and then you come up with "flip a coin to that scruffy looking chap" as the bleeding edge in development aid technology.

send money to youtube sensation "golden-voiced subsistence farmer" we're gonna fix this shit guys!!

Edited by TROT_CUMLOVER ()

AmericanNazbro posted:

Groulxsmith posted:
leveraged sellout was so terrible its author either doesn't really work in the industry or just wanted to write tawdry tucker maxesque stuff based on legends and movies and books from the 70s and 80s

the reality of a banker's life is far more banal, i don't see the point in throwing up stories of personal excess and vapidity as a polemic when the consequences of reality itself is far more damning

it's seriously the kind of book middle office guys read and would try to emulate, not a real telling look at an elite though

ya, but the former is more interesting

do you still work in financial trading?

no, i left a few years ago. i left at lunch on my next-to-last day and never showed up the next day or spoke to any coworkers ever again

Others pay 6 cents to use makeshift bathrooms.

The Sanergy team thinks people will pay that same 6 cents to use Sanergy toilets, essentially modified porta potties. They’re far from glamorous, but a huge step up from current conditions.

It will cost Sanergy about $200 to build each toilet. They’ll then turn around and sell it to a Nairobi resident for $400. At 6 cents a visit, Sanergy projects the new small business owner – essentially a franchisee – can make back his or her investment in about four months.

bullshit u put a bunch of new toilets on the streets and you won't be able to justify the 6 cent fee, new toilet operators gonna charge 5 cents, etc untill the whole industry is in the shitter

one of my friends worked in finance for a few months before the crisis really got underway and he got laid off and then joined the army
i want to join the army
i've got good news for you then
I really think that anyone who wants to make a difference in the world can do it no matter what their profession. Getting an MBA is a great way to help you succeed in business and gain the leadership skills necessary to do whatever you want to do with your career. I've actually created a website to help potential students find the right MBA program for them. Check it out if you get a chance.

BusinessEdu102 posted:

I really think that anyone who wants to make a difference in the world can do it no matter what their profession. Getting an MBA is a great way to help you succeed in business and gain the leadership skills necessary to do whatever you want to do with your career. I've actually created a website to help potential students find the right MBA program for them. Check it out if you get a chance.

Thanks, this is great.

I already have 5 MBAs but thank u for your kind offer.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
naw it's just me. lol, i got you guys this time!
if you need a six year program to teach you leadership and you actually finish it like a queermo then you have not learned leadership
I have an MBA.............. .I keep him in the trunk of my car!!!
[account deactivated]
Spend six years and a couple hundred thousand sitting in a series of rooms reading proscribed materials and I wll make you a Leader Of Men
I got a MBA. A monstrous boner for asses. But seriously folks, I love to see butts.
[account deactivated]
I wish my knee hadn't broken so I could be in the military training future coup colonels. And I'd be like, wow that's my boy Siraj Fergessa, he did such a beautiful job, took the radio station in like 5 minutes. We're flying the mining engineers back in tommorow. everything cool, everything sweet, I'm wearing a beret, I have a bunch of kids here to suck my dick, its all good baby, coca cola, pepsi cola, bopper
my understanding is that MBAs are what managers do when they can convince their dumbass employer to pay for it, and then they take that qualification and go ruin another company. really this is just the tertiary education industry making a quick buck in the dying days of a corrupt system and i for one am all for that.