language makes us do crazy things like build bombs to murder and maim or invent money to enslave and buy and none of it is natural, brains developing the cognitive skills for language is a singular accident and not otherwise a natural evolutionary progression. change starts here. the only solution to stop this virus is to stop talking. don't communicate, don't respond to this thread, don't reply to any loved ones, just stop speaking or writing forever from this point onward
[account deactivated]
It can't be a product of evolution, it's an accident -You
The big bang must assume responsibility for that guy taking up 2 seats on the subway! already!
Ah yes, "Society." Meatspeak for "mutually assured destruction."
For you science fiction newbies out there, the OP is copy-pasted from a speech by the villain in Snow Crash
i still feel that substances are involved.
as the resident linguist i will reply to this bullshit tomorrow when im not blow'd and throw'd
snuh cruh
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
No. stop trying to silence women

please don't kinkshame

life is an unsustainable accident, let alone multicellular. lets nip it in the bud and finish it off once and for all.
"evolutionary accident"
stop marxplaining

shennong posted:
"evolutionary accident"

don't sign your posts

darwinsplaining

littlegreenpills posted:
darwinsplaining

if aerdil became a zerzanite i would cackle for years
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
shouldda never eaten the fruit of that damn tree.

people have been whining about progress and 'the good old days' since we figured out yesterday exists.
Here's my long-awaited response to the OP:

aerdil posted:
language makes us do crazy things like build bombs to murder and maim or invent money to enslave and buy and none of it is natural, brains developing the cognitive skills for language is a singular accident and not otherwise a natural evolutionary progression. change starts here. the only solution to stop this virus is to stop talking. don't communicate, don't respond to this thread, don't reply to any loved ones, just stop speaking or writing forever from this point onward

"Hot brands to gouge out eyes of infants, clipping of the thumbs, vocal chords to be snipped like foreskins." - DruXXX, 2012

way to bite my shit. you have just been owned by teh resident linguisticist.

[account deactivated]

Transient_Grace posted:
shouldda never eaten the fruit of that damn tree.

people have been whining about progress and 'the good old days' since we figured out yesterday exists.

an abortive theological accident that genesis is considered to discuss cosmological creation vs personal conception. ignorance wasn't better you just didn't know how shit it was at the time

tpaine posted:
http://www.rotten.com/library/religion/soul/

I never understood why a gore shock site birthed such an interesting collection of articles, but I appreciate being reminded of its existence.