"Fucking May Day parade full of fucking Stalinists. Old pissed-up irrelevant Stalinists. Young creepy delusional Stalinists. Carrying massive fucking pictures of Stalin. It's a fucking embarrassment."
what
last time i was in trafalgar square on may day was with my one true love
HaM
i've never been to britain, or anywhere except the US+Canada and China.

well except as part of the great chain of being.
btw christ christy, THIS is a limerick, watch and learn

there once was a poster called Impper
whose penis got limper and limper
so he rubbed it with coke
then his fuckbuddy spoke
of a sudden desire that he pimp her

i hate this sort of bullshit

Why OCAP Supports the Psychiatric Survivor Movement

Poor communities are disproportionately targeted by psychiatry and
oppressive practices in the medical system, particularly women, people of
colour, and queer and trans people. Psychiatry was used as a tool for
controlling dissent historically: from slaves who tried to run away to
women who refused to be happy homemakers to gay, lesbian and queer people
for loving who they loved, to protesters advocating for social change,
psychiatry has been used as a way of punishing people whose actions and
desires contravened the rich and powerful's rules. Today, people who
experience the world differently, defy gender norms, struggle with
injustice, are survivors of trauma or dislocation, are homeless, use
drugs, and/or do sex work are often targeted for psychiatric intervention;
the vast majority of these people are poor and many of them are part of
other marginalized groups.

Psychiatry also individualizes social problems. Complex social issues are
reduced to individual problems and provided individual solutions. So, for
example, when a poor person is in crisis because of the constant stress
over buying food and making rent, the psychiatric solution isn't to
prescribe a raise in social assistance rates or rent control, its
prescription is drugs or electroshock. When First Nations people struggle
because of historical and contemporary colonialism, they are given a
medical diagnosis even though, distress is an appropriate response to
racism and genocide. There is even a diagnosis called “residential school
survivor syndrome” which puts all of the trauma onto individuals and
erases the collective trauma of colonialism. OCAP is deeply concerned with
the policing of poor people's behaviours and the ways in which psychiatry
is used to diminish social injustices.

OCAP is adamantly opposed to any form of forced or coerced psychiatric
treatment. We are also against psychiatric incarceration and very
concerned with the disproportionate numbers of poor and marginalized
people in these institutions.

As an organization we fully respect individuals' choices to access
whatever forms of assistance they decide is best for themselves, and we
embrace the principles of harm reduction. We certainly recognize that
people are commonly left with no choice but to choose between less than
ideal options. A person's immediate crisis will often leave them with no
choice but to access the current psychiatric/social/medical system when
their situation is such that the response by an inadequate system is
better than no response at all.

We believe that part of the struggle for justice for psychiatrized people
and psychiatric survivors includes advocating for alternative and
supportive forms of voluntary care for people in crisis so that people do
have a choice.

OCAP also believes that the struggle for justice for psych survivors and
psychiatrized people must be led by people in the psychiatric
survivor/consumer community. Everyone concerned with social and economic
justice has a responsibility to both be aware of these issues and support
the movement against oppressive practices in the entire medical system.

-----

OCCUPY PSYCHIATRY

On Sunday May 6, 2012 at 1:00pm, the Coalition Against Psychiatric Assault
is organizing Occupy Psychiatry: A nonviolent action during which
survivors and activists will occupy the front grounds of the Centre for
Addiction and Mental Health at 250 College St (near College and Spadina).
In the spirit of the Occupy movement, we will be taking up space with
tents and other Occupy symbols complete with speeches, testimonies,
entertainment, and food in protest of psychiatric imperialism.
i wanna go
why
i don't get out of the house much these days
i thought you were busy with work.
i got fired for posting on rhizzone. my wife is furious
oh well in that case, message me about your travails
my next vote for modship Goes to lil green pills
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/05/fbi_in_cleveland_makes_nationa.html?utm_campaign=X&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

LEVELAND, Ohio – The FBI arrested five men Monday evening, saying they had planted what were believed to be explosive devices under the Ohio 82 bridge over Cuyahoga Valley National Park as part of a May Day protest today.

The five men were “self-proclaimed anarchists,” who intended to detonate two improvised explosive devices (IEDs) under the bridge in Sagamore Hills, but had purchased the inert devices from undercover FBI agents, officials said.

Members of the group actually "placed the devices at the base of concrete pillars ... and attempted to detonate them at a remote location" on Monday, but what they thought were bombs were actually "intert devices," the FBI said in a news conference this morning.

Arrested by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force and charged with conspiracy and attempted use of explosive materials were: Douglas Wright, 26; Brandon L. Baxter, 20; and Anthony Hayne, 35.

All three are “self-proclaimed anarchists who formed a small group and considered a series of evolving plots over several months,” according to the complaint filed today by the FBI.

Wright had also talked about "getting a car that they can drive into the Federal Reserve Bank" in Cleveland to blow it up, according to an affidavit from FBI Special Agent Ryan Taylor. (See the affidavit in the DocumentCloud reader below.)

The arrests Monday evening show that “the threat we face is a diverse one and terrorist can come from many hues and many homelands,” said Steven M. Dettelbach, U.S Attorney for the Northern District of Ohio.

“Despite the defendants’ worst intentions and aims during the entire course of yesterday’s operation, the public was never in danger,” Dettelbach said. “The defendants never possessed at any time any really explosive materials and the arrests warrants were signed before they got in the car and went to the bridge.”

Also arrested, but not charged, were Connor Stevens, 20 and Joshua Stafford, 23. Anthony said Stevens and Stafford were currently being charged, officials said.

FBI officials said the men had intended to disrupt commuters today.
“The public was never in danger from the explosive devices, which were controlled by an undercover FBI employee,” the FBI said in a written statement this morning. “The explosives that the defendants allegedly purchased and attempted to use were inoperable and posed no threat to the public.”
lol welp i guess we're livin' in the 1920s again
http://www.toomanyrights.org/ theres posters for this all over that are pink and have a pic of rosie the riveter on it that say DO WOMEN HAVE TOO MANY RIGHTS and i assumed it must be some sort of feminist honeypot thing but its not and im really suprised

aerdil posted:

lol welp i guess we're livin' in the 1920s again

finally, an excuse to buy a cigarette holder

animedad posted:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/05/fbi_in_cleveland_makes_nationa.html?utm_campaign=X&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterLEVELAND, Ohio – The FBI arrested five men Monday evening, saying they had planted what were believed to be explosive devices under the Ohio 82 bridge over Cuyahoga Valley National Park as part of a May Day protest today.

The five men were “self-proclaimed anarchists,” who intended to detonate two improvised explosive devices (IEDs) under the bridge in Sagamore Hills, but had purchased the inert devices from undercover FBI agents, officials said.

Members of the group actually "placed the devices at the base of concrete pillars ... and attempted to detonate them at a remote location" on Monday, but what they thought were bombs were actually "intert devices," the FBI said in a news conference this morning.

Arrested by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force and charged with conspiracy and attempted use of explosive materials were: Douglas Wright, 26; Brandon L. Baxter, 20; and Anthony Hayne, 35.

All three are “self-proclaimed anarchists who formed a small group and considered a series of evolving plots over several months,” according to the complaint filed today by the FBI.

Wright had also talked about "getting a car that they can drive into the Federal Reserve Bank" in Cleveland to blow it up, according to an affidavit from FBI Special Agent Ryan Taylor. (See the affidavit in the DocumentCloud reader below.)

The arrests Monday evening show that “the threat we face is a diverse one and terrorist can come from many hues and many homelands,” said Steven M. Dettelbach, U.S Attorney for the Northern District of Ohio.

“Despite the defendants’ worst intentions and aims during the entire course of yesterday’s operation, the public was never in danger,” Dettelbach said. “The defendants never possessed at any time any really explosive materials and the arrests warrants were signed before they got in the car and went to the bridge.”

Also arrested, but not charged, were Connor Stevens, 20 and Joshua Stafford, 23. Anthony said Stevens and Stafford were currently being charged, officials said.

FBI officials said the men had intended to disrupt commuters today.
“The public was never in danger from the explosive devices, which were controlled by an undercover FBI employee,” the FBI said in a written statement this morning. “The explosives that the defendants allegedly purchased and attempted to use were inoperable and posed no threat to the public.”

So are these guys leftists or rightists?

Cuz it sounds like they want to “end-the-fed” like a Paulite but are choosing a day of leftist resistance to do it. Kids these days have no political framework for their rebellion, I blame nu-metal.

babyfinland posted:

http://www.toomanyrights.org/theres posters for this all over that are pink and have a pic of rosie the riveter on it that say DO WOMEN HAVE TOO MANY RIGHTS and i assumed it must be some sort of feminist honeypot thing but its not and im really suprised

I emailed these people and told them to go back to Texas

u never need an excuse to buy 'hipster bullshit'
they're cia

animedad posted:

they're cia

same

not much happened on mayday here except our social democratic labor government continued to fall apart which i guess is kind of fitting