http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdftK7LY0-s&t=280s

Edited by aerdil ()

is the joke that they're the same thing? bc i aint clickin that video im listening to juvenile atm.
i watched half of it and got bored
a bunch of dumb white anarchists broke off from an occupy protest and smashed up a bunch of indy stores and cars in the mission, one of the poorer neighborhoods in SF, also near where i go to drink actually, and this part of the video is of a liberal trying to reason with them. worth a listen imho
liberals versus anarchists: whoever wins, we lose.

getfiscal posted:

i watched half of it and got bored

fixed the timestamp

yeah so it turns out they are the same thing womp womp womp
i sort of was annoyed that all the oakland lf goons were flipping out about how awesome they were for getting beat up by cops or whatever. like what's the scoreboard like there folks. how many cops did you kill. oh what's that you just go near them and chant and then get beat up. hardcore.
meanwhile the cops were busy protecting their own station

getfiscal posted:

i sort of was annoyed that all the oakland lf goons were flipping out about how awesome they were for getting beat up by cops or whatever. like what's the scoreboard like there folks. how many cops did you kill. oh what's that you just go near them and chant and then get beat up. hardcore.

yo you cant post that song without the song it was written in response to, which is much better. Propagandhi: the only thing good to come out of anarchism ever.

thanks for posting christian punk
mxpx is christian punk not nofx lol WOW
haha i don't know i'm just joking

getfiscal posted:

do you think that the support for and transition to a communist society just happens by magic or something

getfiscal thinks it happens through incremental reforms, so yes.

rakauq posted:

getfiscal posted:

do you think that the support for and transition to a communist society just happens by magic or something

what then if not by magic!

rakauq posted:

i think it probably happens because of civil war and probably not by building cred by getting tear gassed.

YOUTUBE VIEWS SAY OTHERWISE (or do they???!!!??)

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

yo you cant post that song without the song it was written in response to, which is much better. Propagandhi: the only thing good to come out of anarchism ever.

new album out soon woop woop

you know how capitalism didn't happen through a revolution or anything like that

makes you think
Actually, capitalism was invented by a revolution, the Industrial Revolution
thank god for our lovely banks helping us out when incoherent anarchist vandals only know how to destroy

http://sfist.com/2012/05/03/wells_fargo_donates_25000_damaged_v.php

Following Monday night's splinter group mini-riot that befell parts of the Mission (most notably on Valencia Street), Wells Fargo donated a whopping $25,000 to aid the more than 20 small businesses that protesters vandalized in the neighborhood. If you recall, members at a gathering in Dolores Park spilled down into the Mission, smashing car and restaurant windows, spray painting, and generally causing all sorts of terror. And, in a very clever move, Wells Fargo decided to help them out.

"As San Francisco's hometown bank, Wells Fargo is passionate about supporting the communities where we live and work, and it's important to help our local merchants make the repairs they need to reopen for business," Michael Billeci, president of the bank's San Francisco Bay region, said in a statement.

aerdil posted:

thank god for our lovely banks helping us out when incoherent anarchist vandals only know how to destroy

http://sfist.com/2012/05/03/wells_fargo_donates_25000_damaged_v.php

Following Monday night's splinter group mini-riot that befell parts of the Mission (most notably on Valencia Street), Wells Fargo donated a whopping $25,000 to aid the more than 20 small businesses that protesters vandalized in the neighborhood. If you recall, members at a gathering in Dolores Park spilled down into the Mission, smashing car and restaurant windows, spray painting, and generally causing all sorts of terror. And, in a very clever move, Wells Fargo decided to help them out.

"As San Francisco's hometown bank, Wells Fargo is passionate about supporting the communities where we live and work, and it's important to help our local merchants make the repairs they need to reopen for business," Michael Billeci, president of the bank's San Francisco Bay region, said in a statement.

how is this a bad thign

i don't think aerdil is saying it's a bad thing that people are being helped out, rather that this "tactical action" by the anarchists has just seem to result in a struggling community getting more smashed, followed by a PR coup for a bank.

Basically, that it doesn't further any progressive cause at all
turns out the broken window fallacy is a fallacy and that smashing up shops increases local investment in a measurable way
good job neoliberal economics establishment, you really screwed the pooch this time
Thanks for the video update, joel.

eternal_virtue posted:

lmao they fucked up a whole foods store. damn, the leftist movements in america are becoming more and more self destructive...

*holds transparent mesh trucker cap in front of camera in an attempt to block the lens*

getfiscal posted:

uhhh they looked fuckin badass tho

getfiscal posted:

remember back in late '11 when we provoked the cops until they tazed some white guy with dreads or whatever. revolutionary times we live in

i punched a cop in the face once and got away but it was retarded and i consider it easily one of the stupidest things ive done in my life
if you want a picture of the future of occupy, imagine shop windows shattering to the beat of limp bizkit's "break stuff" - forever.

cleanhands posted:

turns out the broken window fallacy is a fallacy and that smashing up shops increases local investment in a measurable way

I believe trickledown works, but that's because I work for a funeral parlor

Dear posters in this thread Heres you "They smashed storefronts?! Okay, I agree with the overall message of Occupy wall street, usually, but not if they're gonna cause actual damage to Just Burritos & More, or the Chipotle... those are the two primary places I get burritos!"
I know you have no money, but try to imagine if you did. Close your eyes. Every morning you drink a big gulp on your commute to a federal correctional institution in a 1995 Nissan Quest. Now a large number of kids are threatening to put mom and pop stores like Gamestop out of business for two days, yes, right over the release of Madden 2012. They say its for political reasons, but what could be political about ripping up those pretty benches with the bizarre spiky extrusions that keep homeless people from sleeping? How can they claim to be on your side when they are eroding the foundations of your life, for instance, Hollywood video?
Heres an idea, how about we crush every cell phone store to dust and let the banks and insurance companies waste their time and money rebuilding the cell phone stores and get the employees of the cell phone stores as much time away from the cell phone stores as possible, and the same with all the other pieces of shit stores that suck and are stupid... just imo

swampman posted:

Dear posters in this thread Heres you "They smashed storefronts?! Okay, I agree with the overall message of Occupy wall street, usually, but not if they're gonna cause actual damage to Just Burritos & More, or the Chipotle... those are the two primary places I get burritos!"

it was funny when they destroyed the bathrooms at nearby cafes then had to start pooping in bushes