Whoever makes fun of a Muslim man or woman for adhering to the Islamic sharee’ah is a kaafir, whether he is mocking a Muslim woman for observing correct Islamic hijaab or for some other reason. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) narrated that during the campaign of Tabook a man said: “I have never seen anything like these Qur’aan readers of ours. They have the biggest bellies, the most lying tongues and they are the most cowardly when meeting the enemy.” Another man said, “You are lying, and you are a hypocrite. I will most certainly tell the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) .” He told the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), then Qur’aan was revealed. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: “I saw him (that man) hanging onto the saddle of the she-camel of the Messenger of Allaah, (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), stumbling over the stones, and he was saying, “Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?” Make no excuse; you disbelieved after you had believed. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you because they were Mujrimoon (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals)”

So mocking the believers is equivalent to mocking Allaah, His verses and His Messenger. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

(Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, in al-Fataawa al-Jaami’ah li’l-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, part 3, p. 813)
nice klingon.
allah sucks
does it count as mocking Allah if i effusively praise the adherents of other religions?

bong_san_suu_kyi posted:

does it count as mocking Allah if i effusively praise the adherents of other religions?

no, the prophet used to do this

im still interested in the metric used to determine why mohammed is a prophet and joseph smith and l ron hubbard are not
and i will do it too: scientologists are badass. have y'all seen top gun? saturday night fever??
because mohammad was a prophet without a profit

Goethestein posted:

im still interested in the metric used to determine why mohammed is a prophet and joseph smith and l ron hubbard are not

you're missing a few (pbuh)s there buddy

Goethestein posted:

there are a million youtube lectures on this. i suggest you watch one featuring kamal al mekki, perhaps one of the several episodes of the deen show where he presents his arguments

while im sure theyre the hilarious rambling of a dude who pretends to be an intellectual while believing in the impossible magic of iron age hillbillies, i must decline

Impper posted:

a bunch of young wives and the spoils of conquest can still be considered "profit" even if it predates capitalism.

I am struggling to find the difference in motivations between Mo' and L ron

Goethestein posted:

while im sure theyre the hilarious rambling of a dude who pretends to be an intellectual while believing in the impossible magic of iron age hillbillies, i must decline

but you just claimed you were interested in this very issue!

I can honestly say that the worst part about people posting against islam is the fact that like 90% of their retarded critiques only exist because they don't know the first thing about islam besides half reading what is posted on LF about it.

bong_san_suu_kyi posted:

Impper posted:

a bunch of young wives and the spoils of conquest can still be considered "profit" even if it predates capitalism.

he lived a very ascetic lifestyle and all of his later marriages were of political import, they weren't young nubile sexchickens

the argument that the quran is a perfect book seems a little dated given the advent of the hunger games trilogy.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

I can honestly say that the worst part about people posting against islam is the fact that like 90% of their retarded critiques only exist because they don't know the first thing about islam besides half reading what is posted on LF about it.

If you think ignorance is a barrier to offering an opinion or viewpoint, then you’re delegitimizing the views of pretty much all of the world’s poor masses.

Pretty fucking classist dude.

mistersix posted:

Goethestein posted:

but you just claimed you were interested in this very issue!

:pwn:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i know its false so all other critiques must derive from that first principle

babyfinland posted:

bong_san_suu_kyi posted:
Impper posted:

he lived a very ascetic lifestyle and all of his later marriages were of political import, they weren't young nubile sexchickens

If the marriages were of political import then surely they involved accumulating or consolidating power, just like Hubbard did with his publishing deals etc.

bong_san_suu_kyi posted:

babyfinland posted:

bong_san_suu_kyi posted:
Impper posted:

If the marriages were of political import then surely they involved accumulating or consolidating power, just like Hubbard did with his publishing deals etc.

they had social significance but he still loved them, its quite clear

i uphold my family and my block I'm ignant as fuck. fuck islam or w/e i dont care I'm an american, strive for your overseas otherness or w/e

babyfinland posted:

bong_san_suu_kyi posted:

babyfinland posted:

bong_san_suu_kyi posted:
Impper posted:

they had social significance but he still loved them, its quite clear

l ron hubbard was a world savvy adventurer and miracle worker, it says so right here in his autobiography

i mean is the argument here that because someone else claimed to be a prophet muhammad is probably also a false prophet? lol

animedad posted:

i uphold my family and my block I'm ignant as fuck. fuck islam or w/e i dont care I'm an american, strive for your overseas otherness or w/e

oh so muslims arent american huh

i thikn the argument is that Zoo Babies is a fine name for a gay bar, Tom
not the 'mmmerica i grew up in
this is the worst islam thread ive ever seen tbh, its all yours drew-chan

babyfinland posted:

animedad posted:

pleas watch this video for some convincing arguments why this is so. don't be a baby and wuss out

crustpunk_trotsky posted:

babyfinland posted:

animedad posted:

pleas watch this video for some convincing arguments why this is so. don't be a baby and wuss out

blow me

babyfinland posted:

i mean is the argument here that because someone else claimed to be a prophet muhammad is probably also a false prophet? lol

As a layperson presented with a myriad of people pupporting to be prophets and holding up some writing as proof, it's hard to divine the legitimacy of one from the other tbqh

bong_san_suu_kyi posted:

babyfinland posted:

As a layperson presented with a myriad of people pupporting to be prophets and holding up some writing as proof, it's hard to divine the legitimacy of one from the other tbqh

maybe you should see a doctor about your broken soul

who gives a shit what mohammad did lol...

babyfinland posted:

pretty much, there's at least a dozen people who founded major religions claiming to be prophets with almost exactly the same evidence as mohammed. theres no particular good reason to be a muslim instead of a seventh-day adventist or a raelian

actually thats not wholly true, a seventh-day adventist is much more likely to be treated like a normal human being instead of a weirdo and potentially unstable lunatic like a convert to islam, so another mark in their corner
hmm i wonder why i shouldn't alienate my friends and family with a weird Other religion
thanks for the notice. consider it duly noted.
fuck my shit im a fuckshit fuck shit shit in my fuck please fuck shit this fuck
[account deactivated]