[account deactivated]
wasn't this the plot of a Portlandia episode
the real outrage here is that I was not included
there's a youtube video of the recordings. it was on infowars.com lol
Minnesota police mans face "looks like a proud, majestic walrus"
on the scale of nefarious police activity ive gotta say giving ppl free weed and buying them cheeseburgers clocks in pretty low
getting people high as fuck is a pretty good way to disrupt any meaningful political activity tho

deadken posted:

meaningful political activity

discipline posted:

Occupy protesters

man, the onion doesn't even try to make their stories sound believable anymore
What kind of a total retard smokes weed with the police
i endorse + support + hug + kiss the occupy movement

A 35-minute video compiled by the group shows law enforcement officers from nearly a half dozen departments transporting people to and from the park. Numerous anonymous individuals interviewed in the video claim that officers had a practice of picking up people off the street who were under the influence of illegal substances, transporting them to a building at a local airport, then observing their behavior and administering evaluations as part of study.

Minnesota is among 48 states – as well as the District of Columbia and Canada – that participate in a so-called Drug Recognition Evaluator (DRE) program, aimed at helping officers learn how to spot impairment and troublesome drivers. The program began in Minnesota in 1991 and requires officers to perform evaluations on volunteers, generally recruited from the community, who are high.

The program does not permit officers to provide drugs to subjects, but that's exactly what Feidt's video suggests they did.

Forrest, another interviewee in the video, claims police got him high, but didn't test him because they suspected he was working with the journalists.

"They didn't test us this time. They just smoked us up this time," he said. Forrest was allegedly given a black box by the police complete with "weed, pipes and lighters." Forrest said he got high on the substance provided by police. "It was a whole bag of weed," he said.

Feidt says the program is consistent with police behavior he's observed at Occupy camps around the country.

"What we saw happen in many, many different cities was they would take people that had chemical dependency issues, they would take people that had mental illness issues and that kind of thing and they would basically drop them off at the Occupy site," Feidt told the Guardian.

Ahahahhahahaha. ahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

if the story is fake, lmao. if the story is real, lmao so hard my guts burst forth spewing shit everywhere which then coalesces into sentient communities which then themselves laugh and smear themselves all over the walls. the shit never stops flowing. it never stops laughing.
i'm gonna kill you, ray romano
shrooming guy: fuuuuck. this street is thirsty as hell man
cops: hey you!
shrooming guy: uh oh... what seems... tubbee the... moustache sirs
cops: you're tripping your balls off, aren't you son?
shrooming guy: (sweating profusely) n....noooo
cops: you want some more?
shrooming guy: whoa... i thought you guys were real for a second there man ahaha
watched this story develop on facebook, was a little surprised and fairly amused to see it actually turn out

but shennong is right, other than the comedy and raw political points scoring in the local politics: it don't mattah
i mean i guess the suspension of the program means it is slightly less likely that i'll get pulled over and a cop will recognize that i'm a little high but even that don't mattah i keep my weed in the damn trunk

shennong posted:

on the scale of nefarious police activity ive gotta say giving ppl free weed and buying them cheeseburgers clocks in pretty low

picking up vagrants and getting them high as fuck and then dropping them off at a protest in order to better feed a narrative of Occupy being unhinged drug addled vagrants who shit every-which-where is Pretty Dang Scummy, jefe.

maybe its better than siccing the Literal Pain Laser on a crowd but by that point any law enforcement transaction that isn't literally indiscriminate live fire barely rates.

don't get me wrong occupy at large is undirected incrementalist feelgood nonsense most of whose good is teaching americans who've never done it before that its okay to go outside and talk politics IRL but seeing even the harmless gadfly channels of dissent get dicked around by increasingly absurd stuff within my lifetime makes me sad b/c i am an incorrigible softie and involuntary celibate.

WillieTomg posted:

picking up vagrants and getting them high as fuck and then dropping them off at a protest in order to better feed a narrative of Occupy being unhinged drug addled vagrants who shit every-which-where is Pretty Dang Scummy, jefe.

the article says they picked up a protestor who was already high and got him more high and bought him a cheeseburger

Feidt says the program is consistent with police behavior he's observed at Occupy camps around the country.

"What we saw happen in many, many different cities was they would take people that had chemical dependency issues, they would take people that had mental illness issues and that kind of thing and they would basically drop them off at the Occupy site," Feidt told the Guardian.

this is a different, probable but still technically unsubstantiated (and much more fucked up thing) than the DRE thing in the OP

shennong posted:

WillieTomg posted:

the article says they picked up a protestor who was already high and got him more high and bought him a cheeseburger

I'm mostly reading between the lines between what Dan Feidt said about police actions across the country and the widespreadness of shit going down in the article linked video which has been making the rounds.

like thirdplace said its still technically unsubstantiated but goddamn would you really put it past any career cop you've met?

WillieTomg posted:

its okay to go outside and talk politics IRL

don't think so

*burrows deeper in room*

its rly fucked up attempts by Police to undermine occupy guys & dropping home less men at occupy is common pretty much everywhere or most places. & the cops picking ppl up and making them do drugs is pretty messed up? on the other hand i dont care at all because i live in the world & im more interested in talking about how shitty junk appletow's new series "Girls" is.