getfiscal posted:

well the road trayvon chose, with thuggish attire and violent assault, didn't seem to end out that well for him. unless, of course, he got what he really wanted. but this isn't about an individual choosing death, it's about an entire culture's deathwish, and whether we're going to go along for the ride. i say no: we must secure a future.

shut the fuck up yo

fine. no more cheap zimmerman jokes. but only because i love you as a friend.
thanks. but you should know better man that shit was godawful.
This has been the weirdest Skittles marketing campaign yet.
if usa was thin-supremacist instead of white-supremacist wouldst u have such cold cold words 2 say??

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

thanks. but you should know better man that shit was godawful.

yeah

I used to be a squeamish little liberal about them but now I admire America's attitude to guns. People deride "American exceptionalism" all the time but a state that gives it's citizens the freedom to arm themselves and not rely on the State for defence is pretty god-damned exceptional.
As far as I know gun control = racism has been a p standard viewpoint for all the smart people in lf for years now
its entirely possible the cops slapped him around for no particular reason when they responded to the shooting. they sure as hell wouldnt admit to it and neither would he because an excuse to get away with murder is a lot more useful than a marginal brutality case that wouldnt go anywhere anyway
he wasnt actually hurt or injured fyi

MarxUltor posted:

its entirely possible the cops slapped him around for no particular reason when they responded to the shooting. they sure as hell wouldnt admit to it and neither would he because an excuse to get away with murder is a lot more useful than a marginal brutality case that wouldnt go anywhere anyway

yeah, not likely though. but the idea of zimmerman refusing to yield and being like "I AM THE LAW" and then having to get beat down by a bunch of law enforcement personnel is p great

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

As far as I know gun control = racism has been a p standard viewpoint for all the smart people in lf for years now

but even away from the race angle, it's somewhat heroic of the American state to allow it's extremely irresponsible citizens access to guns.

I wouldn't want it here of course, but as far as i'm concerned, the more guns America has the better

same. i wish i had brought my guns up here from texas in protest of new yorks gay war on coloreds jewish gun control laws
the south will rise again
*fires multiple shots into the air*
agreed
same but Arabs
agreed also. the southern character is perfectly suited for submission to the way of allah. me khamsek and cylconeboy are all from the south and all muslim. coincidence? i think not.
nascar akbar

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

agreed also. the southern character is perfectly suited for submission to the way of allah. me khamsek and cylconeboy are all from the south and all muslim. coincidence? i think not.

i dont really have any conneciton to them but my grandparents are from north carolina

my ancestors were actually in chains so i have the TRUE southern spirit more than any of y'all.....the spirit of the slaves, not of the oppressing classes
my mom's grandparents were from galicia and new russia, now united in ukraine, which is a sort of south.
i still don't get why radicals or whoever think that this is a case where the criminal justice system is the lesser of two evils. if you're of the historical materialist persuasion, how much agency can you really assign to a semi-integrated person of color in a violent, racist culture? enough to lock him up for the rest of his life? enough to entrust him the the justice system of one of the most corrupt states in the country?

i'm not really sure what this case is supposed to tell us about america anyway. something about having too many guns or something?

Groulxsmith posted:

i'm not really sure what this case is supposed to tell us about america anyway. something about having too many guns or something?

a neighborhood watchman, w/ a history of antagonism towards "suspicious" youths and of patrolling his gated community while packing heat, shoots and kills a black kid. cops let him go w/o even giving him a breathalyzer test and botch other aspects of the investigation as well.

it says a lot about race and class and the way persons perceived as being poor and/or outsiders are considered fair game by much of American society.

i mean i partially agree this is being covered in a self-serving way to enhance the image of prosecutors & deflect attention from mass incarceration but it isn't hard to figure out why people are mad.

Groulxsmith posted:

i still don't get why radicals or whoever think that this is a case where the criminal justice system is the lesser of two evils. if you're of the historical materialist persuasion, how much agency can you really assign to a semi-integrated person of color in a violent, racist culture? enough to lock him up for the rest of his life? enough to entrust him the the justice system of one of the most corrupt states in the country?

opinions are stupid

but friendship is magic
god is real

Groulxsmith posted:

we're supposed to make judgments about things we read and argue those things at dinner parties and be the intellectual and live further and further away from the ideals of comaraderie and simple truth and the hardened trolling spirit that this got damned country was founded on

heil hank hill

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

god is real

proof of creation in his own image
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
fuck anyone who "counter-protests" or whatever
[account deactivated]

fuck anyone who "counter-protests" or whatever

let's organize a faux-test

i fucking owned the westboro baptist church by writing "GAY IS OKAY" on my iPad and holding it up next to their protest. my friend got a picture; dan savage linked to it on his official twitter

i fucking owned the westboro baptist church by writing "GAY IS OKAY" on my iPad and holding it up next to their protest. my friend got a picture; dan savage linked to it on his official twitter

Same, I went by the black israelites and I was like, Sakai has no sense of meter and overall his prose is wooden

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

my ancestors were actually in chains so i have the TRUE southern spirit more than any of y'all.....the spirit of the slaves, not of the oppressing classes

well im welsh so im the only true oppressed indigenous person on here, all yall dont know shit

tpaine posted:

you want to fuck that guy

that's gross, apring west. even a raunchy fag is like "no"

don't kinkshame