Thought is destructive to society. Marcuse (1941) describes this insight, first illustrated by Hegel in The Philosophy of History, by claiming that “sooner or later, the free rationality of thought must come into conflict with the rationalizations of the given order of life.” Once the process of rational thought has revealed the potentialities within individuals, they attempt to actualize their potential in direct conflict to a society that has for so long suppressed such growth. Inserting the inkling of a better state of being in a person becomes a deeply radical and subversive act, an act that causes the destruction of the status quo in the struggle towards realizing our full potentialities. And this is the activity the poster known as “T-Paine” has been engaging in on a daily basis here in our own bubble of society. A careful study of the epistemology of his posting discloses the practical manifestation of the imperative Deleuze and Guattari (1972) give to would-be radicals and schizoanalysts in their anti-capitalist text Anti-Oedipus:

Destroy, destroy. The task of schizoanalysis goes by way of destruction - a whole scouring of the unconscious, a complete curettage. Destroy Oedipus, the illusion of the ego, the puppet of the superego, guilt, the law, castration.

For these are Hegel-style destructions, ways of conserving.

Psychoanalysis fills the following function: causing beliefs to survive even after repudiation; causing those who no longer believe in anything to continue believing; reconstituting a private territory for them …

That is why, inversely, schizoanalysis must devote itself with all its strength to the necessary destructions. Destroying beliefs and representations, theatrical scenes. And when engaged in this task no activity will be too malevolent.

Don’t be deceived by the portrayal of casual drunkenness in tpaine's facade: behind those Seinfeld avatars lurks a very sober and extremely insightful Hegelian. And he has chosen tHE rHizzonE forums to function as his proving ground for an ingenious social experiment. His efforts to transform the being of two posters on that forum reveal the practical application of an incredibly advanced form of Hegelianism. Babyfinland and goatstein have foremost borne the brunt of his efforts, chosen no doubt due to their inherent susceptibility to manipulative and coercive language. Through the sheer force of his will as experienced through the medium of language on a computer screen, a blindingly white, middle-class, and convert to Islam has been transformed into a food-obsessed, disgustingly obese, and thoroughly grotesque Ignatius J. Reilly type figure. Or, as tpaine (2012) informs us: "did you guys know that tom thinks his bowel movements have a distinctive feel and odor depending on the buffet he frequented the previous night? A golden corral shit has a wildly different character to say, a Joy Luck Buffet shit. And he'll be happy to tell you about it." Likewise, an aficionado of the corrupt and aberrant aesthetic of steampunk, so much so he parasitically crashes weddings molded around the despicable subgenre, is crafted anew into “a debt collector. and a mormon! and a virulent homophonic (sic) transphobe with a huge head and a daughter who is just like 15 years from beconomimg queen bull dyke. i think his penis is also very small and smells of prawns” (tpaine, 2012).

These depictions are not simply flights of fancy or humorous slanders, but the result of a careful exploration into their very being. In these descriptions that currently only slightly resemble the people they ostensibly refer to, tpaine is bypassing the present reality to provide a sample of these two posters’ true potential. By implanting the knowledge of their true potential, the squalid status quo in which they live is no longer satisfying. History calls and the invasive nature of tpaine’s thought experiment forces babyfinland and goatstein to answer. There’s no doubt in my mind that babyfinland now often finds himself unwittingly chowing down on larger portions at dinner, perhaps occasionally snacking in-between mealtimes, slowly adding the calories needed for his new life. Goatstein, too, after consuming a dish of kung-pao prawns, likely finds himself staring into the eyes of his new-born daughter, which so closely resemble those of his best friend Lenny’s, and feels the new-found compulsion to provide a stable future for his family and certainly debt collection is a growth industry…

Yet, despite the power he wields over so many posters, there’s absolutely no information about the man pulling the strings. Perhaps an endeavor to rip away the shroud from the mysterious figure of tpaine will soon be in order, but such an objective is outside the purview of this essay. For now we must be satisfied with the words he uses to describe himself: “i'm pretty much the jolteon of the rhizzone and you're going to talk to me like that? fwark off. just...jesus fuck .i can'gt even” (tpaine, 2012). Jolteon, of course, is the lightning pokemon “able to gather negative ions from the atmosphere, using the resulting electricity to create lightning bolts of up to 10,000 volts” (Game Freak, 1998). Certainly there is no better metaphor for the advanced form of Hegelianism that tpaine practices: he is a modern Prometheus, a Jolteon using lightning rather than fire to jolt individuals into realizing their true potential. Society may crumble from the shock and awe of tpaine’s linguistic attack on our contemporary notions of self, but out of the ashes will rise a more verdant and free world, filled with people who embrace their true self whether that identity is of a fat slob or a degenerate steampunk parasite.

i just ate two chicken hot dogs with pickles and mayonaisse and a bag of pita chips
this is my last night at the travelodge and im posting, pooping with the door open, and watching russia today all at the same time
See my list of seminal tpaine quotes for further reference.
i just had a spicy tuna roll at the Maki Sushi on Capitol Hill
i put my finger in my butthole and smelt it

babyfinland posted:

i just ate two chicken hot dogs with pickles and mayonaisse and a bag of pita chips

do you eat halal/zabiha only?

ive actually been eating all halal since i moved to new york but i also drink every day lol munafiqailure

guidoanselmi posted:

babyfinland posted:

do you eat halal/zabiha only?

no

chicken bacon
[account deactivated]
I enjoy sushi, pooping
of all the vaguely tense(or is that tensely vague?) anonymous internet acquaintanceships i have made over the years, my relationship with tpaine is the ambiguest
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]