i talked to tech support a bunch today, and apparently the error logs are reporting a generic-sounding but rare error similar to this:

http://forum.webfaction.com/viewtopic.php?id=3619

but with the caveat that we're not actually experiencing load issues. at any rate it seems to be a problem with the hosting setup rather than any code that I wrote, which is unfortunate because that means I'm not sure how to fix it. the guy suggested some things to try but other than that this is a complete mystery.
maybe lungfish figured out a way to crash the server
i'm experiencing a load issue
if server had gun this never would happen
my favorite communist/known hate forum can't even reliably stay online anymore, welcome to obama's america ladies and gentlemen
have you ever tried fixing the server...on weed?
Have you tried touching yourself, at night? jesus christ
The daughter of expelled Syrian charge d'affaires to Australia Jawdat Ali has been effectively thrown out of the country just months before she completes her Year 12 certificate and is "collateral damage", her teacher says.

how cool is their house, it's just on some suburban street lmao
is it possible to avoid touching one's self at night? or even in the day time? i feel like some part of me is always touching another part . . . pls advice
encase yourself in pvc
did u sit on it lol

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

i'm experiencing a load issue

I was going to say this, buddy.

theres a big thing on the internet now where ppl are all NOW THAT WEVE GOT THE INTERNET WE CAN HAVE DIRECT DEMOCRACY, EVERYBODY CAN REDDIT UP THEIR FAV. MUNICIPAL SEWER REGULATIONS and im like um hey if we're going to expand democracy, lets have worker control of the means of production and every one of them starts shrieking tyranny in ten seconds flat
keep on fighting the goat fight
ya.
[account deactivated]
jew conspiracy folks. i told you
The problem is that you trigger the write() callback while calling start_response(), but are not catching the IOError and aborting the request cleanly.

http://groups.google.com/group/modwsgi/browse_thread/thread/c9cc1307bc10cfff

INDEED... INDEED

Edited by jools ()

great that means nothing
hmmm are you Lungfish?
[account deactivated]
have yall ever noticed that jools name is julian? im p sure he might be julian assange. just a thought...

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

have yall ever noticed that jools name is julian? im p sure he might be julian assange. just a thought...

julian assange has had sex at least once

discipline posted:

why did you post this here, what's the error code for that

b/c the server has crashed twice now while im at work and the site has been down all day? wanted to let ppl know what was going on.

Ur sexy
you are
wddp counter offensive
wddp haxx0ring teh gibson 2 free doug
it would be really funny if people were so pathological about getting their internet pals out of IFAP that they attacked the servers instead of typing a single page for an assignment, It would be & it is
Amen
wheres the new wddp/lf?
pretty sure this is happening because teryn is deleting all of joels posts

guidoanselmi posted:

wheres the new wddp/lf?

http://forums.postgarden.org/

[account deactivated]
does jools popst here
im going to yunnan province and need to know where to get hte heroin
[account deactivated]
i went to yunnan but i just smoked lots of pot there and all you need to do to get that is walk down the street in old town dali and wait for old ladies to ask you if you want any "ganja? ganja???"
i don't know how to fix the computer thing. sometimes though i want to check up on the forums and they don't work. i wait for a little while and then they work again. maybe you should try that?? cheers.