deadken posted:

16 year olds should not be in tertiary education imo

disagreed. epic disagreed.

usually when people go to uni before 18 they end up being strippers, flashers, or something else seedy and genital-related. that wont happen to you of course. you'll just end up working in the financial services industry, which is far, far worse
being 16 + no sex + economics would have turned you into Penn Jillette faster than you can say "adult ponytail"
penn jillette isnt autistic though

deadken posted:

he definitely is

What ? Of course he's not

deadken posted:

neither am i

lol yes you are

deadken posted:

lol yes you are

nice, diagnosing me across the internet. i'll have you know i'm perfectly capable of conversation irl.

Someday, perhaps, that capability will be put to the test......... irl

Meursault posted:

Someday, perhaps, that capability will be put to the test......... irl

hopefully not because i've got schizoid personality "disorder"

Same
but all I meant is that whilst sitting in your weird homeschooled barometric online economics wombchamber, reflecting on your conversational "capabilities," perhaps some day your path will intersect another human's and you will know for sure
top three bullshit "disorders" in the DSM-5:
  • hypoactive sexual desire disorder (the asexual equivalent of ego-dystonic sexual orientation)
  • schizoid personality disorder (pathologization of "prefers to be alone")
  • enmeshment (loving your family TOO MUCH)

Meursault posted:

but all I meant is that whilst sitting in your weird homeschooled barometric online economics wombchamber, reflecting on your conversational "capabilities," perhaps some day your path will intersect another human's and you will know for sure

i've hung out with kids my own age and interacted normally with them.

Meursault posted:

What ? Of course he's not

has the patience to learn magic, is libertarian, thinks recycling is complicated, the evidence is all there

Now Teller might be 'on the spectrum' as the saying goes but Penn's just the fast talking loudmouth dork guy whose politics happen to be really dumb

Cycloneboy posted:

nice, diagnosing me across the internet. i'll have you know i'm perfectly capable of conversation irl.

autists are capable of conversation irl but that doesn't mean you're good at it or anyone actually wants to talk to you.

YOU CANT CUT BACK ON
MICROECONOMICS! YOU
WILL REGRET THIS!

ggw posted:

autists are capable of conversation irl but that doesn't mean you're good at it or anyone actually wants to talk to you.

same

Cycloneboy is one of the most logical thinkers in LF.
Thus, Marxism.
right and logic is a euphemism for white supremacism, so, agreed
white supremacism is an objkective fact? like marxism? don't really understand where youre going with this? the sky is blue? sometimes?
lol 16
The annals of official philosophy are populated by ‘bureaucrats of pure reason’ who speak in ‘the shadow of the despot’ and are in historical complicity with the State. They invent ‘a properly spiritual…absolute State that… effectively functions in the mind.’ Theirs is a discourse of sovereign judgment, of stable subjectivity legislated by ‘good’ sense, of rocklike identity, ‘universal’ truth, and (white male) justice. ‘Thus the exercise of their thought is in conformity with the aims of the real State, with the dominant significations, and with the requirements of the established order
young men are good for nothing btu dying in wars or labor
woa, when did the war nerd get here, and really, boring, and petulant
congrats on identfying the joke

babyfinland posted:

lol 16

if im ever 16 you can slap me full across the face

babyfinland posted:

congrats on identfying the joke

dont be so hard on yourself

cleanhands posted:

doing psychology modules is a great way to meet hundreds of gorgeous teenagers who will probably need their printers carried, to say the least

hahaha you crazy

babyfinland posted:

So many young men died in labor before giving birth to their babies that men just decided, no, we're not doing it anymore, and gave women the equipment to have babies instead. and that's how we get the modern human race

babyfinland posted:

unlike old men, who are good for nothing at all.

Superabound posted:

being 16 + no sex + economics would have turned you into Penn Jillette faster than you can say "adult ponytail"

Cycloneboy posted:

babyfinland posted:
unlike old men, who are good for nothing at all.

they're good for wisdom or at least a bitter humility built upon a lifetime of disappointment masquerading as wisdom

Myfanwy posted:

cleanhands posted:

doing psychology modules is a great way to meet hundreds of gorgeous teenagers who will probably need their printers carried, to say the least

hahaha you crazy

its the truth! my friend met his gf this way

[account deactivated]
physicist, chemist, and economist stranded on desert island. unlabeled tin can washes up on shore.

physicist: we should bash open the can with the nearest rock

chemist: we should build a fire and heat the can to cook its contents and make the metal easier to open

economist: let's assume we have a can opener

Cycloneboy posted:

i've hung out with kids my own age and interacted normally with them.

can we get their opinion on how normal it was