red grover red grover, don't let the building inspectors come over
I've got some employment advice for ya: Go down to the dick sucking factory where you work and slap the dick out of your own mouth hahahhahah

Meursault posted:

I've got some employment advice for ya: Go down to the dick sucking factory where you work and slap the dick out of your own mouth hahahhahah

but 27:88
And you see the mountains, thinking them rigid, while they will pass as the passing of clouds. the work of Allah , who perfected all things. Indeed, He is Acquainted with that which you do.
subhanallah
mountains are cool, but i prefer caves for my d&d adventures.

getfiscal posted:

mountains are cool, but i prefer caves for my d&d adventures.

18:10
Mention when the youths retreated to the cave and said, "Our Lord, grant us from Yourself mercy and prepare for us from our affair right guidance."

babyfinland posted:

lol, what a scurb "arms which at absolutely optimal capacity can only support 350 pounds"

babyfinland posted:

*heart that will kill you if it gets as much as one stupid blood clot, which is bullshit

i intend to be rich when im older, and therefore i cannot wait for transhumanism to 'kick in'
thanks for criticizing the accuracy of a joke picture from the onion, goons
the quran is like an onion, you peel enough layers away and you realize there's nothing at the core
and if you have a (silver) spoon in your mouth, cutting it up wont make your eyes water

getfiscal posted:

the quran is like an onion, you peel enough layers away and you realize there's nothing at the core

correct.

The throne has always been ready and has always awaited the glory of the Lord. According to rabbinical Judaism, the throne of glory is, as we have seen, one of the seven things that YHVH created before the creation of the world. In the same sense, in Christian theology the throne has been ready for all eternity because the glory of God is co-eternal with it. The empty throne is not, therefore, a symbol of regality but of glory. Glory precedes the creation of the world and survives its end. The throne is empty not only because glory, though coinciding with the divine essence is not identified with it, but also because it is in its innermost self-inoperativity and sabbatism. The void is the sovereign figure of glory.

The apparatus of glory finds its perfect cipher in the majesty of the empty throne. Its purpose is to capture within the governmental machine that unthinkable inoperativity—making it its internal motor—that constitutes the ultimate mystery of divinity. And glory is as much the objective glory that exhibits the inoperativity of the divinity, as it is the glorification in which human inoperativity celebrates its eternal Sabbath.

so its like the end of 'holy mountain' got it.

getfiscal posted:

an important point, but otoh people will imbue deep meaning into anything with a modicum of literary value

like i guess it's particularly stupid when people think an angel came down to earth and dictated a book to some random yahoo, but keep in mind that the best selling book in america is twilight bondage fanfic and for some people that's the most important book they'll read in their lives
just to keep things in perspective americans spend most of their free time watching TV and read -3 books a year. at least these goofs are reading something.
you got it all figured out kid

Lessons posted:

just to keep things in perspective americans spend most of their free time watching TV and read -3 books a year. at least these goofs are reading something.

how can you read negative amount of books

AmericanNazbro posted:

Lessons posted:

by reading fuck and destroy by john r.r. christy

AmericanNazbro posted:

Lessons posted:

they read your posts.

e: ^^^ damn

babyfinland posted:

i'm re-reading the sickness unto death now. it's as fascinating as the last time, but he periodically takes on these unexplained and unjustified assumptions that make zero sense stylistically or logically and make the whole later 2/3 or so useless. his earlier stuff is still more practically applicable, and therefore more interesting, even though the anti-climacus stuff is supposed to be some sort of culmination.

AmericanNazbro posted:

Lessons posted:

with god, anything is possible

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

i'm re-reading the sickness unto death now. it's as fascinating as the last time, but he periodically takes on these unexplained and unjustified assumptions that make zero sense stylistically or logically and make the whole later 2/3 or so useless. his earlier stuff is still more practically applicable, and therefore more interesting, even though the anti-climacus stuff is supposed to be some sort of culmination.

kierkegaards probably smarter than you

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

so what

Authority

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

so what

lessons is always posting about how he doesnt understand things and consequently judging those things as stupid. this is a sign of stunted growth and a poor, arrogant egotism. maybe a text from a huge figure in western philosophy isnt something you can just digest on a once or twice pass through, and maybe not understanding something that is widely recognized as great at first glance is a sign of its value and complexity (for if it was so easily accessible then that may be a reflection on the shallowness of its insight) and not uselessness. maybe if he would elaborate on what exactly he's talking about his comment would be something more than a joke

babyfinland posted:

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

so what

lessons is always posting about how he doesnt understand things and consequently judging those things as stupid. this is a sign of stunted growth and a poor, arrogant egotism. maybe a text from a huge figure in western philosophy isnt something you can just digest on a once or twice pass through, and maybe not understanding something that is widely recognized as great at first glance is a sign of its value and complexity (for if it was so easily accessible then that may be a reflection on the shallowness of its insight) and not uselessness. maybe if he would elaborate on what exactly he's talking about his comment would be something more than a joke

Jesus CHrist

We got a real fascist here, kids, the bad kind, yep yeppies
Do you all smell that? Here in this thread? It is the smell of rot. It is decayed thought.
Honor thy Palahniuk
I'm pretty sure Palahniuk is smarter than you

babyfinland posted:

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

so what

so, Uh, what does that have to do with him being smarter than the Other one

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

so what

so, Uh, what does that have to do with him being smarter than the Other one

bleep blorp

I;m Smarter than YoU!
I`m smarter than yoU !
I'M SMARTER than YOu!
what is it about internet forums that inflates the ego such that they find the assertion that soren kierkegaard is smarter than some random guy to be offensive
i ` m Smart !

i "m Smarter !

I 'm SmartesT!

Smart !