[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
tina eat teh ham
1 dillion million dollar bill went poof by rich man, claims Tax Justice Network. "No bady ever catch wesley snipes. No bady every catch mayweather for this crime. Now all them taxes gone forever." Tax Justice Network said, Tuesday. Meanwhile, a child cries out for a savior. "I Know you didn't kill Harvey Dent Batman... " Said the child... But Batman is old and alone. Nobody can stop this taxes now. The world is already dead.

discipline posted:

lol £500bn left russia, thank god for the end of cruel cruel communism

What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state? Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments. Just like we do.

the caymans cant be that tough. lets blow em up
paddy chayefsky ate my balls

discipline posted:

"well maybe if we just had a flat tax the rich wouldn't have to hide their money I guess?" - donald

the article you posted uses a low flat tax without avoidance as an example of something possibly desirable:

Assuming the £13tn mountain of assets earned an average 3% a year for its owners, and governments were able to tax that income at 30%, it would generate a bumper £121bn in revenues – more than rich countries spend on aid to the developing world each year.

but no all these tax justice campaigners are liberal as hell. they naturalize capitalism as these giant flows and then say hey let's skim the top off this and maybe we can fund a malaria net or whatever. instead of going hey maybe let's not have a system where some people get billions of dollars.

if i were an urban comedian i would do a bit about how you can tell white people don't care about black people because they want to give africans nets. hey what do you need? how about a house. well okay how do you feel about a net. a fucking net. it cost $10. how about a high school. just a net. all they want to give you is a net.
If I was a black comedian I'd probably feminize and humiliate myself for mainstream dollars. That's if I did well enough to cross over to the mainstream though, I probably wouldn't ever make it there if I did jokes about malaria nets .

If I was a white comedian I'd probably be fat and mundane cause thats in atm (at the moment)
devalue the dollar to Weimar levels, make all transactions payable in Camel Cash

i've got fat and mundane down pat
I wonder who the "alternative comedians" think they're the alternative to as they endlessly populate their tv shows with each other and entire classes of groundlings and ucb go straight to SNL. But they don't do observational comedy and never liked andrew "dice" cl\ay so they must still be the cutting edge underground. Sorry I know this post makes no sense and is boring and out of context. B
[account deactivated]
im a professional mitch hedberg impersonator irl

getfiscal posted:

discipline posted:

"well maybe if we just had a flat tax the rich wouldn't have to hide their money I guess?" - donald

the article you posted uses a low flat tax without avoidance as an example of something possibly desirable:

Assuming the £13tn mountain of assets earned an average 3% a year for its owners, and governments were able to tax that income at 30%, it would generate a bumper £121bn in revenues – more than rich countries spend on aid to the developing world each year.

but no all these tax justice campaigners are liberal as hell. they naturalize capitalism as these giant flows and then say hey let's skim the top off this and maybe we can fund a malaria net or whatever. instead of going hey maybe let's not have a system where some people get billions of dollars.

But Yea I Agree with all of this, it's really hard to care about Tax Justice Campaign when they're fundamentally unable to see what the actual problems are w/ anything. It's so classical middle Class just blatantly demanding concessions 2 continue 2 be allied w/ wealth.

Keven posted:

I wonder who the "alternative comedians" think they're the alternative to as they endlessly populate their tv shows with each other and entire classes of groundlings and ucb go straight to SNL. But they don't do observational comedy and never liked andrew "dice" cl\ay so they must still be the cutting edge underground.

i like that whole cohort pretty much and wish them well but i was thinking about that the other day too. i'm trying to decide whether to go to any just for laughs things in montreal this week and most of it looks like bad. the people who used to be labelled alternative, like patton oswalt, cost $50+ a ticket. i think the alternative shows will probably be people like toddy barry still, who, as you said, is on louie, but like... i dunno. what else is there out there.

If this inequality and untoucheable greedy elite is the price we pay for fantastic living standards, freedom from war, universal health and education and an array of life-enhancing technological devices then I really can’t get that upset about it.
we?

getfiscal posted:

if i were an urban comedian i would do a bit about how you can tell white people don't care about black people because they want to give africans nets. hey what do you need? how about a house. well okay how do you feel about a net. a fucking net. it cost $10. how about a high school. just a net. all they want to give you is a net.

getfiscal posted:

Keven posted:

I wonder who the "alternative comedians" think they're the alternative to as they endlessly populate their tv shows with each other and entire classes of groundlings and ucb go straight to SNL. But they don't do observational comedy and never liked andrew "dice" cl\ay so they must still be the cutting edge underground.

i like that whole cohort pretty much and wish them well but i was thinking about that the other day too. i'm trying to decide whether to go to any just for laughs things in montreal this week and most of it looks like bad. the people who used to be labelled alternative, like patton oswalt, cost $50+ a ticket. i think the alternative shows will probably be people like toddy barry still, who, as you said, is on louie, but like... i dunno. what else is there out there.

who cares about alternative or not, patton oswalt is funny but $50 is a lot. i'm going to this comedy bang bang show on wednesday night and its $20 a ticket. paul f tompkins and james adomian, who are hilarious

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

If this inequality and untoucheable greedy elite is the price we pay for fantastic living standards, freedom from war, universal health and education and an array of life-enhancing technological devices then I really can’t get that upset about it.

i'm american, we don't have those things

babyfinland posted:

Yeah but you have Glorious Spectacle to make up for it…..the Joker shooting up movie theatres and things like that

Life is about more than just money

babyfinland posted:

Yeah but you have Glorious Spectacle to make up for it…..the Joker shooting up movie theatres and things like that

my mother told me not to go to see that movie because she's worried about copycat shooters

getfiscal posted:

i think the alternative shows will probably be people like toddy barry still, who, as you said, is on louie, but like... i dunno. what else is there out there.

rick shapiro's pretty funny. he was on lucky louie but that was about it

babyfinland posted:

babyfinland posted:

my mother told me not to go to see that movie because she's worried about copycat shooters

Hahah some dimwit journalist went to screenings here and asked people if they were worried or anxious about going to see it and some dude replied “uh no, I didn’t stop going to school because of columbine” lol

sorry what were we talking about, the offshoring of capital right?

um it's terrible

I don't know what could be done about it though. A revolution may be able to reach the commanding heights of the economy but how would you get at this shit?

A revolution may be able to reach the commanding heights of the economy but how would you get at this shit?

well, at some level, if you ignore it, it goes away. sort of like cuba. they just ignored all the americans and rich cubans claims and took over things. then it didn't matter all that much that the americans owned pieces of paper.

unfortunately america didn't take all that well and it caused a fuss.

babyfinland posted:

getfiscal posted:

Keven posted:

who cares about alternative or not, patton oswalt is funny but $50 is a lot. i'm going to this comedy bang bang show on wednesday night and its $20 a ticket. paul f tompkins and james adomian, who are hilarious

i was thinkin' about checking out some comedy clubs in SF but atm it's people like this doing shows... i have a feelin' you'll appreciate the jokes here

aerdil posted:

babyfinland posted:

getfiscal posted:

Keven posted:

i was thinkin' about checking out some comedy clubs in SF but atm it's people like this doing shows... i have a feelin' you'll appreciate the jokes here

http://www.earwolf.com/show/comedy-bang-bang-podcast/

[account deactivated]
legal zoom is not a law firm and is not a substitute for an attorney or law firm and can only provide self-help services at your specific direction and i'll see you at the movies
[account deactivated]

Hahah some dimwit journalist went to screenings here and asked people if they were worried or anxious about going to see it and some dude replied “uh no, I didn’t stop going to school because of columbine” lol

i did *flies away as a ghost*

shut up superabound

Impper posted:

shut up superabound

*lightning strikes, briefly illuminating my face in a distant window* ......no

[account deactivated]
yea that shit looks good homie i saw it and thought to myself 'ah classic tpayne'