I want to say again that the Romans considered the original Israelite Jews a bellicose and xenophobic people. So it's no surprise that these khazar pretenders to that lineage take the same characteristics
yiddish originally evolved from a complicated system of hocks and loog gathering
yiddish is just german written with hebrew character so that jews could make shady contracts amongst themselves without alerting vigilant christians of their likely malevolent deeds.

really now, jews like all diaspora communities required a lingua franca to use among themselves which was usually some creolization of whatever was spoken wherever the biggest jew ghetto was at the time.

Myfanwy posted:

I want to say again that the Romans considered the original Israelite Jews a bellicose and xenophobic people. So it's no surprise that these khazar pretenders to that lineage take the same characteristics

about 1/8 ashkenazi jews has some khazar ancestary, however, about 50% of ashkenazi jews have apparently more european ancestary than middle eastern ancestary, this would still demonstrate the existance of 'jews' across europe and the arabic world for pretty much forever and there's really no reason to assume that the ashkenazim who came to israel aren't really that very same ancient jewish diasporic community.

also, there were more conversions to judaism than most jews would have you believe, judaism has always been rather receptive to female converts. and of course the amount of jews who converted to other religions over the years is significant in itself.

so the khazar thing is just an attempt at an alternative historiography, shlomo sand agrees with that himself and proposes more likely narratives in his other books.

sincerely,

Transient_Grace posted:

yiddish is just german written with hebrew character so that jews could make shady contracts amongst themselves without alerting vigilant christians of their likely malevolent deeds.

really now, jews like all diaspora communities required a lingua franca to use among themselves which was usually some creolization of whatever was spoken wherever the biggest jew ghetto was at the time.

mozarab..

moer like mozzarella eh tom

tpaine posted:

why is that infuriating, obama is zionist garbage

lol dont sign youre posts!!

persian sounds cool
that settler invasion scene is super low budget. and I can't tell if they're putting on an israeli accent or not cos I'm a noob. two out of five.
[account deactivated]

Transient_Grace posted:

Myfanwy posted:

about 1/8 ashkenazi jews has some khazar ancestary, however, about 50% of ashkenazi jews have apparently more european ancestary than middle eastern ancestary, this would still demonstrate the existance of 'jews' across europe and the arabic world for pretty much forever and there's really no reason to assume that the ashkenazim who came to israel aren't really that very same ancient jewish diasporic community.

also, there were more conversions to judaism than most jews would have you believe, judaism has always been rather receptive to female converts. and of course the amount of jews who converted to other religions over the years is significant in itself.

so the khazar thing is just an attempt at an alternative historiography, shlomo sand agrees with that himself and proposes more likely narratives in his other books.

sincerely,

COUNTERPOINT: FUCK WHITEY