[account deactivated]
hmm. what's ecuador's geostrategic stake in this
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

yes but what does "asylum seeker" mean nowadays *stares out across negev desert prison packed with black africans*

Australian police, government and military officials have left for Manus Island and Nauru to set up asylum-seeker processing centres.

An Australian defence force team will arrive on Manus Island on Friday to assess the detention centre for re-opening. (Credit: ABC)
Audio: Governor of National Capital District, Powes Parkop, PNG on offshore processing
A spokesman for the government of Nauru says they have been told an Australian assessment team will arrive on Friday.

The Australian High Commission in Port Moresby says Australia's ambassador for People Smuggling Issues, Craig Chittick and a defence force team will arrive on Manus Island on Friday to do the same.

That visit will include meetings with provincial administrators, who have made it clear they want to know how reopening the centre will benefit people who live there.

PNG's Foreign Affairs and Immigration Minister Rimbink Pato has spoken with Australia's acting High Commissioner in Port Moresby, and the ABC has been told by PNG government staff that he also spoke with both Australia's Foreign Minister Bob Carr, and Mr Carr's opposition counterpart Julie Bishop about Australia's plans to reopen the detention centre on Manus Island.

Mr Pato has also despatched a team from his department to Manus to begin inspections of the existing centre, which has been unused since 2004.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/14542129/gillard-in-pacific-solution-backflip/

Julia Gillard has shut the door on any more boat people, vowing yesterday that all new arrivals would be sent to Nauru, where they will face indefinite detention.

Formally abandoning Labor's strident opposition to John Howard's Pacific solution, the Prime Minister said she would today seek to introduce legislation to put offshore processing on the tiny Pacific island nation beyond legal doubt.

And in a message to the thousands of asylum seekers waiting for a boat in Indonesia, Ms Gillard warned: "Stay where you are, don't move."

Nauru, 2001

[account deactivated]
they should make him ambassador to the UK lol

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

they should make him ambassador to the UK lol

gord bless julian assange
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lol he raped those women and he's gonna get away with it
the nyt profile today helpfully reminds us that julian assange hates cats and doesnt flush the toilet sometimes
you see its all a plot to get him from sweden to america so he can be executed for terrorisms, because of course the british judiciary is famous for its heroic resistance to american influence
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
assange is an australian, a libertarian, a rapist, and an internet hero. i think that basically qualifies him as lebensunwertes leben

discipline posted:

deadken posted:

you see its all a plot to get him from sweden to america so he can be executed for terrorisms, because of course the british judiciary is famous for its heroic resistance to american influence

I'm planning on taking an angry crowd of women down tottenham court road next week ripping down the hundreds of sex ads in the phone booths and bus stops, but I guess we can call it off because the british are so supportive of women, I mean just look at the lengths they'll go to in order to make sure a suspected rapist (well, not even charged yet.. just wanted for questioning?) will get back to sweden to face questioning to determine if he is culpable for his crimes against womyn

nobody has ever been prosecuted for rape. right. gotcha

[account deactivated]
assange admits having had sex with those women but denies he raped them, however rather than going and explaining his side of the story he's running around between stately homes and foreign embassies causing international incidents and making grandiose accusations about international conspiracies against him because the man is a C o m p u l s i v e N a r c i s s i s t
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i hope ecuador and sweden go to war over this, it would be like midget fighting but with countries
i mean are you saying assange isnt a compulsive narcissist
*Roman Polanski slinks out from under a pile of naked 12 year olds* *sees Assange's face on tv* six more weeks of winter
i love it when two countries thousands of miles apart with zero power projection capability and no foreign or commercial interests in common declare war on each other. maybe the swedes can attach a large helium balloon to one of their diesel submarines and fly it into the andes in an attempt to torpedo quito
you took the opposite tack i'd expect you to here dispo and i'm worried it reflects a world-weariness. remember the words of the anti-bully movement: it gets better.

littlegreenpills posted:

i love it when two countries thousands of miles apart with zero power projection capability and no foreign or commercial interests in common declare war on each other. maybe the swedes can attach a large helium balloon to one of their diesel submarines and fly it into the andes in an attempt to torpedo quito

if i've learned anything from EU3 its that Britain will ceaselessly demand that Ecuador give it every piece of gold in its treasury and give up any claims it has to territories outside its borders until war exhaustion goes above 5 and it settles for a white peace

assange should offer to be tried in absentia and then serve his sentence in ecuador for thhe win
ecuador is cool but i would've gone to the argentine embassy myself

yerba mate...
lol @ this article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2012/aug/15/ecuador-escape-top-10-holiday-guide
t money i never thought i'd see you actively defending a rapist...

discipline posted:

goatstein give me permission to probate for this thread

dead ken didnt vote for me so go nuts

Goethestein posted:

discipline posted:

goatstein give me permission to probate for this thread

dead ken didnt vote for me so go nuts

actually, he really did

discipline posted:

lmao yes I'm sure ecuador is caught in the middle of this insane mexican standoff because of a compulsive narcissist and rapist who could just go clear it all up no problem

"rapist" in quotes. let's not get ahead of ourselves here

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
ahaha sweden questioned a murder suspect in serbia a few months ago but refused to question assange in the embassy
i would suggest that maybe most of us don't know shit about extradition law. except goatstein. sex tourism is not a crime, man, i agree.