http://wreg.com/2012/08/16/family-research-center-shooter-had-15-chik-fil-a-sandwhiches-in-bag/

(Washington, D.C.) Floyd Lee Corkins II, the suspect in Wednesday’s shooting ‏at the Washington, D.C., headquarters of the Family Research Council, was carrying 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches in a bag when he opened fire, according to the criminal complaint filed by the Justice Department on Thursday.

Corkins, 28, of Herndon, Va., was charged with “interstate transportation of a firearm and ammunition”—a federal offense—along with the “intent to kill while armed.” The offenses carry a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison for transportation of a weapon, and 30 years for intent to kill. Corkins is expected to make an initial court appearance later Thursday.

Yahoo News reports in the FBI affidavit, Corkins’ parents said their son “has strong opinions with respect to those he believes do not treat homosexuals in a fair manner.” According to The Associated Press, Corkins “had been volunteering recently at a community center for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.”

The guard, Leo Johnson, was shot in the left arm, police said. Corkins was tackled and then taken into custody. Johnson was taken to a local hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, an FRC spokesman said.

The FBI said it found Corkins with “two additional magazines loaded with ammunition and an additional box of 50 rounds of ammunition,” according to Talking Points Memo.

The Family Research Council is a Christian organization and conservative lobbying group that “promotes the traditional family unit and the Judeo-Christian value system.” Its motto is “advancing faith, family and freedom.” The group, which was founded in 1981, opposes abortion and gay marriage.

It’s a sad day in America when things have deteriorated so far that questioning the liberal consensus is going to get you shot or your organization violently attacked. I think some of the blame definitely can be laid at the feed of the liberal blogosphere who have been whipping up an increasing amount of hate and bile directed at those who do not share the shame value system as then. Hopefully the Government and federal agents can prove their impartiality by subjecting liberal, urban sexuality-based hate groups to the same sort of persecution and vilification as militia members or those at Waco or Ruby Ridge.

I wouldn’t hold your breath...

We’ll probably see the media ignore the political influences and support networks of this man in favour of a trite “lone wolf” theory that avoids them having to acknowledge any complicity in fostering an atmosphere of hate and intolerance.

shut up
good.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

subjecting liberal, urban sexuality-based hate groups to the same sort of persecution and vilification as militia members or those at Waco or Ruby Ridge

this is what my book is about

typical liberal can't even do a killing spree competently
once you've started putting bullets in people you aren't a liberal anymore
unless ur obama i guess
people are seriously blaming this on the SPLC
the new hbo aaron sorkin show "newsroom" recently had an episode about the bin laden announcement and it was probably one of the most revolting and sickening hours of television ive ever seen. the journalists that are being portrayed as Good Journalists fighting the encroachment of Bad Networks, that only desire ratings and sensationalism, turn out to be entirely sycophantic to the state and are everything that is actually wrong with journalism. they are also the most douchiest, vain, and horrible characters ever written. there's also a layer of sexism throughout the program.

i'd recommend the show.
Sorry if i offended you lessons but the inspirations behind domestic terrorism should be tackled seriously, whether it's against a sikh temple or a conservative family-orientated group.

HenryKrinkle posted:

people are seriously blaming this on the SPLC

and people blamed the Giffords shooting on the Tea Party. Shoe isn't so comfortable on the other foot is it?

Sorry if i offended you lessons but the inspirations behind domestic terrorism should be tackled seriously, whether it's against a sikh temple or a conservative family-orientated group.

keep these knee-slappers coming man

aerdil posted:

the new hbo aaron sorkin show "newsroom" recently had an episode about the bin laden announcement and it was probably one of the most revolting and sickening hours of television ive ever seen. the journalists that are being portrayed as Good Journalists fighting the encroachment of Bad Networks, that only desire ratings and sensationalism, turn out to be entirely sycophantic to the state and are everything that is actually wrong with journalism. they are also the most douchiest, vain, and horrible characters ever written. there's also a layer of sexism throughout the program.

i'd recommend the show.

sounds like the typical sorkin snoozefest

Lessons posted:

shut up

seriously. iwc, your tired and banal contrarianism is without question a reflection of your overall aesthetic and i imagine you look exactly like if tucker carlson and carlton banks had a love child

maybe he was just hungry

Yahoo News reports in the FBI affidavit, Corkins’ parents said their son “has strong opinions with respect to those he believes do not treat homosexuals in a fair manner.” According to The Associated Press, Corkins “had been volunteering recently at a community center for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.”

is the FBI still saying 'no comment' every time someone asks if the nazi-punk who shot up that Sikh temple is a white supremacist?

ive yet to see any empirical evidence that killing your political enemies is wrong so

aerdil posted:

i'd recommend the show.

count the times female characters have conversations with each other that aren't about who they're dating.

the number is small.

AmericanNazbro posted:

Lessons posted:
shut up

seriously. iwc, your tired and banal contrarianism is without question a reflection of your overall aesthetic and i imagine you look exactly like if tucker carlson and carlton banks had a love child

I’m failing to see what’s so contrarian amount this. Every time there’s a shooting the liberal blogosphere makes tenuous connections to the Tea Party: They did it with Giffords and they even did it with James Holmes….it’s definitely set a precedent for spurious allegations that link tradgedies to mainstream political causes so it’s completely unsurprising and hardly shocking that conservatives are going to link this to GLBT groups or the SPLC or whatever

On the terrorist website "the Rhizzone", opposing terrorism is contrarian and has a bad "aesthetic" (Not soaking in death and hatred)
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/22/1112675/-American-Coincidence-Both-James-Holmes-In-Aurora-May-Have-Owned-Same-Type-Of-Guns

The older Tea Party former cop James Holmes seems to have an online identity called "ldmaster."
A poster in gun trading/advocacy blogs named "ldmaster" owned a glock, a Remington 870, and posts on a web forum called Colorado AR-15 Shooters. The posts concerning the Remington are from an ldmaster in the same county of Colorado as James D Holmes (Tea Party Holmes). These posts are from long before Eagan Holmes arrived in Colorado.

These are, coincidentally, the same type of guns used by James Eagan Holmes in his rampage.

ldmaster also posted comments about gas masks in 2008 as part of a survivalist website forum. This ldmaster claims to be from Aurora, CO.

Judging by ldmaster's online comments, he's likely owned and traded many types of guns over the years, but these were specific examples visible online in his comments with other posters about setting up trades or discussing trades or other posters.

Obviously therefore, this is all information that Eagan Holmes (the gunman) could have found online about the person sharing his name in his town.

The Tea Party James Holmes is evidently a former cop. One blog entry by a Democrat is reporting that Eagan Holmes had a cop shield along with all his other expensive riot gear. A cop shield can be seen near his car in police photos. There only seems to be his gear visible in the shots (ie not mixed in with discarded police equipment they left at the crime scene after apprehending him - which would probably be bad procedure I would imagine.)

The Tea Party James Holmes was not involved in this crime by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not going to speculate on whether this was more than mere coincidence. Just providing direct raw information in context.

hmmm thanks for the "raw information" and the suggestion of "more than just co-incidence"

I’m failing to see what’s so contrarian amount this. Every time there’s a shooting the liberal blogosphere makes tenuous connections to the Tea Party: They did it with Giffords and they even did it with James Holmes….it’s definitely set a precedent for spurious allegations that link tradgedies to mainstream political causes so it’s completely unsurprising and hardly shocking that conservatives are going to link this to GLBT groups or the SPLC or whatever

lol yes, if only people had been more measured in their reaction to the Giffords...shooter...guy whose name none of us even remember, right-wing commentators surely would have been much more reasonable and refrained from demagoguing this as the first battlecry of the incoming homofascist hordes. keep yer foundation powder dry

the liberal blogosphere

Superabound posted:

lol yes, if only people had been more measured in their reaction to the Giffords...shooter...guy whose name none of us even remember, right-wing commentators surely would have been much more reasonable and refrained from demagoguing this as the first battlecry of the incoming homofascist hordes. keep yer foundation powder dry

You don't remember his name because the media lost interest once they established he wasn't a tea partier

You don't remember his name because the media lost interest once they established he wasn't a tea partier

oh, i thought it was when it forced them to momentarily entertain the idea that even empty rhetoric has Real Consequences

but actually id ont remember his name because of past drug abuse

Superabound posted:

oh, i thought it was when it forced them to momentarily entertain the idea that even empty rhetoric has Real Consequences

Perhaps this incident at the Family Research Council will prompt liberals to do some similar soul searching

Perhaps this incident at the Family Research Council will prompt liberals to do some similar soul searching

hopefully thats where theyll find a coupon or two for some free range time

i'm soaked in death and hatred

wait no that's buttermilk
[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

Lessons posted:
shut up

your posts are the forum equivalent to when a rotund child gets let off his leash harness and runs into the bathroom to scrawl "fuck" all over the stall door while snickering to himself for being so transgressive

not to imply i care at all, No, absolutely not. but rather, your awful aesthetic gives the impression you are really ugly irl to the point of being loathsome and deserving atomic wedgies and swirlies
RIP, to those who fried (all those sandwiches)
[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:
Lessons posted:
shut up

your posts are the forum equivalent to when a rotund child gets let off his leash harness and runs into the bathroom to scrawl "fuck" all over the stall door while snickering to himself for being so transgressive

curse words scrawled on a bathroom door are actually a pretty pleasing aesthetic

AmericanNazbro posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:
Lessons posted:
shut up

curse words scrawled on a bathroom door are actually a pretty pleasing aesthetic

cunt off and die

getfiscal posted:

i'm soaked in death and hatred

wait no that's buttermilk

wait no there's no difference

Everyne ignore this chick-fil-ay hater. Crow's got a REAL Liberal Hate Crime for ya! Check & peep this, FUCKERS:

a drunk norwegian brain is operating a car driving down a rural road at 69km/h when a bear and a moose appear on a road... the brain knows this