i was looking for aesthetically pleasing NFL tubes but all i can find is videos of sweaty men hugging one another before they collapse. what gives?

Edited by Transient_Grace ()

Transient_Grace posted:

Ho ho ho i like a sport that cripples its participants, i like a sport that has "athletes" who are such hulking masses that they literally need to inhale oxygen from a tank before they huddle for 5 seconds with another fat idiot.

I like sports that stop every five seconds, I like a sport that has 11 minutes of action out of 40 minutes of gameplay.

in a word, "feh"

Cycloneboy posted:

Alyosha posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

was aristotle right about anything important ever?

Yes

such as?

He invented formal logic.

one question: what the fuck is a coupon clipper exactly.

Transient_Grace posted:

Ho ho ho i like a sport that cripples its participants, i like a sport that has "athletes" who are such hulking masses that they literally need to inhale oxygen from a tank before they huddle for 5 seconds with another fat idiot.

I like sports that stop every five seconds, I like a sport that has 11 minutes of action out of 40 minutes of gameplay.

i like how the alternative is football rather than rugby

NOT. football is for faggots. wear short shorts and have other men hoist you up for massive wedgies ftw
Marxism + Entertainment perhaps was best personified by Gang of 4's album, Entertainment!

shennong posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

american "Football" and rugby are one and the same, why don't thee get yourself some education about the evolution of the beautiful game?

Transient_Grace posted:

shennong posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

american "Football" and rugby are one and the same, why don't thee get yourself some education about the evolution of the beautiful game?

rugby fixes all of the problems you have with american football tho. theres no play stoppages, teams dont consist primarily of meatwalls, etc

im all for reactionary footballism but if youre gonna do it then

1. try to keep in mind that as a sport it rewards not just individual inspiration but collective struggle, and is thus the true communist peoples' sport

2. post some fuckin messi you tarts

shennong posted:

rugby fixes all of the problems you have with american football tho. theres no play stoppages, teams dont consist primarily of meatwalls, etc

I'll never support a sport that both allows players to loiter in front of the opponents goals and sanctions wanton kicking at other players' shins.

also and rugby sucks cause it actually eliminates the one skillful/aesthetically pleasing role in football and removes any sort of tactical sophistication.

noob.

Transient_Grace posted:

shennong posted:

I'll never support a sport that both allows players to loiter in front of the opponents goals and sanctions wanton kicking at other players' shins.

also and rugby sucks cause it actually eliminates the one skillful/aesthetically pleasing role in football and removes any sort of tactical sophistication.

noob.

idk what youre talking about but it certainly isnt union

heh, actually i was making an archaic reference to the schism that originally separated Assosciation Football (soccer) from Rutgers Football (rugby).

The Rutgers dudes disagreed about adding laws that both prevent players from just taking up whatever position they wanted (i.e, the early offside law, 'no loitering in front of the opponents goal') and tackling at a person's body instead of at the ball.

And the second part was about eliminating forward passes and the role of the quarterback which are the kewl parts of american football.
[account deactivated]

Transient_Grace posted:

i was looking for aesthetically pleasing NFL tubes but all i can find is videos of sweaty men hugging one another before they collapse. what gives?

ilmdge posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

very nice, a shame you apparently can't really win anything playing like that.

also

Transient_Grace posted:

shennong posted:

noob.

lol you've never played rugby

Soccer is retareded. Here's a little video I made about how Football is the best:

why on earth would you "loiter in front of an opponents goal" in rugby when you cant pass forward

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

Soccer is retareded. Here's a little video I made about how Football is the best:

Nice. Gave me goosebumps.

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

hrm but so brutish, the crude shuffles... where is the fluidity, where are the aesthetics... where are the beautiful men asks the boring gimmick posters and european queers

jools posted:

why on earth would you "loiter in front of an opponents goal" in rugby when you cant pass forward

it's from like 130 years ago, the rules changed, also you can still kick it wherever you want.

[account deactivated]

Groulxsmith posted:

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

hrm but so brutish, the crude shuffles... where is the fluidity, where are the aesthetics... where are the beautiful men asks the boring gimmick posters and european queers

tpaine posted:

i have a question about marxism and entertainment too. can we fucking make marxism entertaining somehow?? Because jesus christ people.

Umm maybe you are not watching the right entertainment. May I recommend the hit tv series Gravity Falls?

tpaine posted:

i have a question about marxism and entertainment too. can we fucking make marxism entertaining somehow?? Because jesus christ people.

*hurls copy of The Critique of Critical Criticism at u and knocks over ur drink* Are you not entertained? Are you not entertrained??? Is that not why you are here?

being a marxist is basically being a bonafide superhater
[account deactivated]
if you're marxist or in any way not a slave to the machine then you have to hate all sports except maybe football (real football, not american "football"), and that's fine with me! (my avatar is ironic)
but not the american 'soccer' leage. you have to like proper, european football
[account deactivated]