[account deactivated]
this is like cargo cult transhumanism
more like the "grindr" culture

this is the grinder culture i know

discipline posted:

gonna need some links up in heah

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_y_Go48TbGgw/S8uD06fvsuI/AAAAAAAAAe4/Q32dAGCqgZo/s1600/Spiral.jpg

these people are crazy.

like i might one day in the short term future be working on this sort of thing but, jesus, these people are crazy.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

guidoanselmi posted:

these people are crazy.

like i might one day in the short term future be working on this sort of thing but, jesus, these people are crazy.

you're going to be working on cramming a bunch of silicone and titanium under people's dermis so they can pretend to be in deus ex?

medical diagnostic stuff that could really help (rich) people. i don't know what the material will be that'd have the sensors (prob glass?).

maybe. my old roomie and co all but have funding for a startup when they finished their PhDs. i think i posted about their group before: http://nanofab.caltech.edu/ .

apparently some folks at harvard went public with their stuff recently: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/30/harvard-scientists-create-first-cyborg-flesh . it's not really unique work (the probing aspect of it), but i wonder what they're not disclosing publicly.

for now, i just went back to school for my phd in physics working part-time remotely. i have no life
Technology continues to destroy humanity, news at 11
[account deactivated]
guys this is real. dont get left in the dust. embarace the singularity. come with us, iwc...
the best part is that not only will cybernetics stuff only benefit rich people, but it will use the rarest of minerals and exacerbate to cause strife and instability in the poorest parts of the world.

guidoanselmi posted:

I think Helios would just act on the majority consensus. So, if the majority of people are like person A then rape would most likely be allowed, but since most people view it as wrong person B would be favored in this decision. Helios could also just adopt some modern view of human rights and not allow any acts that violate those rights. This would elevate human rights from a contingent man made concept to something more grounded. So, there would be times where people's desired would not be met.
Hellspawn1239019832 in reply to PirateLordRogan (Show the comment) 5 days ago

[account deactivated]

guidoanselmi posted:

guys this is real. dont get left in the dust. embarace the singularity. come with us, iwc...

[account deactivated]
cahm on, cahm and keel me, i'm right heeyah

tpaine posted:

YOU SON OF A BITCH!

[account deactivated]

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

I think Helios would just act on the majority consensus. So, if the majority of people are like person A then rape would most likely be allowed, but since most people view it as wrong person B would be favored in this decision. Helios could also just adopt some modern view of human rights and not allow any acts that violate those rights. This would elevate human rights from a contingent man made concept to something more grounded. So, there would be times where people's desired would not be met.
Hellspawn1239019832 in reply to PirateLordRogan (Show the comment) 5 days ago

Depends on how much resistance tank armor provides. Original export model T72Ms used by Iraq in the gulf war had even less armor than 1979 era T72As, which only had 70-120 mm KE protection on their side hulls. If two of these were next ot each other even at 2km and an abrams flanked with M829A1 round, (610mm penetration) going through both sides of old T72A armor it could only lose 240mm of its energy at most and still have 370mm left to penetrate only 120mm side armor of next tank.
itzxmj1 in reply to Hashishtani (Show the comment) 1 day ago

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I glued a circuitboard to my butthole and it lights up an led when I smell something that makes me remember one of my favorite tv shows
id never become a 'borg cus i prefer to eat my mcd's ranch wraps in peace
i pressed play like five times but the video wont work

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Technology continues to destroy humanity, news at 11

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/134498-scientists-reverse-engineer-animal-brains-to-create-bionic-prosthetic-eyes

what do you call it when a person is delusional about who they are and thinks that only disfiguring surgical procedures have the ability to make them happy?

Transient_Grace posted:

what do you call it when a person is delusional about who they are and thinks that only disfiguring surgical procedures have the ability to make them happy?

pomo

dialectical body modification
ironically, having a magnet implanted in your fingertips actually makes you less able to interact with modern technology than before

Transient_Grace posted:

the aristocrats