In response to the OP: Yes.

News Alert:
The measure, which bars the sale of many sweetened drinks in containers larger than 16 ounces, is to take effect on March 12, unless it is blocked by a judge. The vote by the Board of Health was the only regulatory approval needed to make the ban binding in the city, but the American soft-drink industry has campaigned strongly against the measure and vowed this week to fight it through other means, possibly in the courts.

“This is not the end,” Eliot Hoff, a spokesman for New Yorkers for Beverage Choices

hehe. this isnt over bloomberg!!!! we'll be nback!! with more absurdly large servings of sugar water for americans
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i take a 10 gallon drum into 711 because i can 'refill' it for 99 ccents.

that's good for your morning but how do you caffeinate in the afternoons?

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
yeah i got 'sirred' once even though their human rights document says they shouldn't genderize a patron and i got free butter for a year until corporate said that meant one bar a week.
[account deactivated]
shit, how big's the large?

you gon' wanna pull yer car round back. i'll go start the pump
[account deactivated]
mods change my username back to Total Eclipse of the Shart
[account deactivated]

kinch posted:

DirectAction.png

the big gulp drink laws (like all governmental hygiene and health prescriptions under capitalism fyi) unfairly target the poor and excluded. people aren't buying those buckets o' cola to drink on their own, they're sharing them between two or more ppl for a fraction of the cost of two smaller ones. notice how it isn't the fast food restaurant industry or the movie theatres who are protesting this. they're gonna make out like pigs, and probably lobbied for this legislation anyway
some dude wrote into some nyc newspaper i was reading and he was like, YO IF THEY BAN BIG SODAS PEOPLE JUST GON BUY TWO. hahahah WHAT NOT BUREAUCRATS? U CANT TELL ME WUT 2 DRINK
the people of new york city will persevere. they did it after 9/11 and they'll do it after the over 16 oz soda ban.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communicating_vessels
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

wait how does the soda go up the hidden pipe to his container.

/
/

[account deactivated]
I like how that dude thinks he's gotta be discrete about taking 4 liters of soda when all the clerks are probably so alienated from their labor that they give no fucks. No fucks given for soda. Not a one.
i walked into a mcdonald's at like ten at night one time and asked for a large drink and the guy just gave me the cup without saying a word. restaurant folk could give a fuck about soda
[account deactivated]
demand i give him money for it
[account deactivated]
i bet you
ve never even seen a mcdonald's before. you're just making things up to make everyone think you like go there all the time or some shit. i see through you "tea pain"
"hah, yeah, mcdonald's. i remember the last time i went there, just a few days ago. i got a... um, quarm pundy with cheese. and some... front fleas. and a... *digs notebook out of pocket and furiously flips through it* belk quake." -tpaine p recently prolly
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
enjoy your crack Dru
reminder that mao zedong was swole as hell

deadken posted:

i don't "read" anything

thats the beauty of it. He doesn't _"read"_ anything

Crow posted:

deadken posted:

i don't "read" anything

thats the beauty of it. He doesn't _"read"_ anything

AUGH where is this from!

are you the real tape speed
hes got an alison brie avatar. i say yes.