This is honestly ridiculous. How many pictures have we seen of “angry muslims” rioting over the past week? How much abuse have you seen on your facebook feeds and from your friends about how religion poisons everything, closes the mind, muslims need to “grow up and join the rest of us”. Etc etc.

Meanwhile, people in one of the most secular, atheistic countries in the world have been burning, pillaging, threatening and carrying on over a pile of tiny little rocks, a 'provocation’ that easily ranks with youtube videos in terms of ridiculousness: the only difference is that a lot more people can see a youtube video than will ever see these rocks.

Why is this atheistic violence being so ignored? I find it hard to believe there are not some agendas at play here.

[account deactivated]
Death to all atheists.
Eh...not Dennis. He's cool. Stick with me Dennis. You'll be gravy.
Donald's alright too. If you see a guy lookin like Al Capone working the night shift at a gas station don't behead him without my permission. Word is bond, Saleem.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Meanwhile, people in one of the most secular, atheistic countries in the world have been burning, pillaging, threatening and carrying on over a pile of tiny little rocks, a 'provocation’ that easily ranks with youtube videos in terms of ridiculousness: the only difference is that a lot more people can see a youtube video than will ever see these rocks.

chinese are no more rioting over "tiny piles of rocks" than middle eastern muslims are rioting over youtube videos

shennong posted:

chinese are no more rioting over "tiny piles of rocks" than middle eastern muslims are rioting over youtube videos

you know who's rioting over tiny piles of rocks?

shennong posted:

obviously

my point is that we should cut islam and religion in general some slack because atheists are equally as likely to riot and burn stuff the local demagogues told them to

babyfinland posted:

shennong posted:

you know who's rioting over tiny piles of rocks?

oz aint prison and the wire aint dope
president is the supplier government got all the coke
wouldnt depend on noriega, if it werent for no reagan.
why all the christian holidays the same day as the pagan?

shennong posted:

obviously

my point is that we should cut islam and religion in general some slack because atheists are equally as likely to riot and burn stuff the local demagogues told them to

i dont know about the "youtube" riots but the chinese riots arent to my knowledge meaningfully instigated or directed by anyone in particular

babyfinland posted:

Word is bond, Saleem.

shennong posted:

shennong posted:

obviously

i dont know about the "youtube" riots but the chinese riots arent to my knowledge meaningfully instigated or directed by anyone in particular

the State? i'm not sure but given they control the media i imagine some element of their agenda filters through

Islam On Demand . Com

shennong posted:

shennong posted:

obviously

the State? i'm not sure but given they control the media i imagine some element of their agenda filters through

thats part of it but i dont think they're particularly interested in provoking riots per se as some kind of component of overall strategy. if anything the level of anger and violence on display could end up being a liability if they don't end up being able to credibly claim that their demands have been met

shennong posted:

[account deactivated]
allahu akbar

When I see workers and historically oppressed people rising up and fighting back like this, I cannot help but wonder... Is Communism just around the corner?!? Is a divine wind blowing from the East to free us from the grind of (high starting) wage slavery, the pressures of manners and hygiene, the manga-burning tyranny of the Man-who-is-not-my-Real-dad? This is exciting. It feels like even the most menial daily job has become fresh with meaning, purpose, and unfettered possibility. Everyone do your part so this communism can happen!
God is real

bonclay posted:

When I see workers and historically oppressed people rising up and fighting back like this, I cannot help but wonder... Is Communism just around the corner?!? Is a divine wind blowing from the East to free us from the grind of (high starting) wage slavery, the pressures of manners and hygiene, the manga-burning tyranny of the Man-who-is-not-my-Real-dad? This is exciting. It feels like even the most menial daily job has become fresh with meaning, purpose, and unfettered possibility. Everyone do your part so this communism can happen!

oh boy reading the news is sure exciting when youre a communist. every story is actually about you

communism is a psychotic disorder.
1000 chinese fishing vessels are en route to senkaku lol

You can't just do a green march on water! Hopefully they avoid the Japanese mines and bring about world war 3 in a more fun way
it seems more like the media is ignoring the quiet riot
i really dont hear much about them in the news anymore

shennong posted:

Yesssss

shermanstick posted:

it seems more like the media is ignoring the quiet riot
i really dont hear much about them in the news anymore

"Randy Rhoads: The Quiet Riot Years", a new book from QUIET RIOT's personal photographer/lighting director Ron Sobol, will be released later this year via Red Match Productions. As a bonus, this book comes with a 90-minute DVD documentary with multiple bonus features. Among those features are highlights from a never-before-heard Randy Rhoads guitar lesson.

BEIJING — Nearly 90 percent of Chinese favor taking measures against Japan over its nationalization of the Senkaku Islands, according to a survey published Monday in the Global Times, an influential state-controlled tabloid.

The survey showed that 89.7 percent of the respondents believe China should take "more" steps, while 7.3 percent said it is unnecessary.

According to the Global Times, 52.3 percent of the respondents said that a war will or may erupt due to simmering tensions over the islets in the East China Sea, which are claimed by both China and Taiwan.

This compares with 43.2 percent who said the possibility is low.

Asked how they think the issue will be addressed, 47.7 percent cited peaceful negotiations, while 27.4 percent said use of force is likely. About two-thirds of the respondents said they believe Japan is China's "major rival" or "enemy."

shennong posted:

1000 chinese fishing vesselsare en route to senkaku lol

what a bunch of junk

the way the US media is treating this is really strange. mostly it's just being covered by the business press, which means you get a fair amount of stories talking about about factories closing and trade being threatened but almost no headlines about "China rattles saber at Japan while U.S. is busy watching youtubes."

Lykourgos posted:

shennong posted:

ZERG RUSH

[account deactivated]