[account deactivated]

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

Goethestein posted:

if you dont do your art for any other reason than joy and consider money more than a pleasant afterthought then you should be exterminated. imo

its good for artists to make at least enough money to continue making art without having to take on a soul-draining office job or whatever to pay the bills and then being too tired to do it anymore

the vast majority of artists have nothing of value to contribute and the vast majority of those that do have between one to three things of value to contribute, usually up front.

farming sucks btw. go work on a farm for a day and be cognizant of why humanity has traditionally outsourced it to hillbillies and slaves
i look to goatstein for my opinions on the value of art
[account deactivated]
I was just pondering what the definition of art is. Some would say the purpose is to serve the masses but I really don’t think the counter chick at burger king when tom’s family waddles in should be considered “art”
This article was amended on 15 June 2012 because the original version misnamed some of the films and people it mentioned. The correct names are: Pound the Round, not Pound Round; Rack-Tastic, not Racktastic; Aleksa Nicole, not Alexa Nicole; and Montae, not Monte.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

I was just pondering what the definition of art is. Some would say the purpose is to serve the masses but I really don’t think the counter chick at burger king when tom’s family waddles in should be considered “art”

Your posts, nothing else

Torrents are pretty cool. I doubt anyone would claim Zeitgeist and 'libertarians' on the internet are revolutionary, but without a doubt Wikileaks has played a pivotal role in destabilizing the capitalist world order and Julian Assange is one of the most important people alive. Plus, there are no countries in the world like the USA where people so casually ignore the law and commit crimes, explicitly rejecting capitalist logic of intellectual property (except for maybe Somalia). Too bad this thread was started by Goatstein, who doesn't possess the theoretical apparatus to approach this issue with depth even if he wanted to.
wikileaks is maybe a rung under that preacher who burned a koran and got a bunch of marines killed.
[account deactivated]
dont forget to seed, comrades
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

do you idiots assume that people in other places around the world get lashed publicly for downloading torrents? what's with the constant references to "Plus, there are no countries in the world like the USA where people so casually ignore the law and commit crimes"

I mean, of course baby huey is a huge faggot baby but still.
Israel embodies our values
The other way around surely

babyhueypnewton posted:

Torrents are pretty cool. I doubt anyone would claim Zeitgeist and 'libertarians' on the internet are revolutionary, but without a doubt Wikileaks has played a pivotal role in destabilizing the capitalist world order and Julian Assange is one of the most important people alive. Plus, there are no countries in the world like the USA where people so casually ignore the law and commit crimes, explicitly rejecting capitalist logic of intellectual property (except for maybe Somalia). Too bad this thread was started by Goatstein, who doesn't possess the theoretical apparatus to approach this issue with depth even if he wanted to.

lol what world do you live in?

thank you wikileaks and julian assange for 'destabilizing the world order' by allowing more saudi fifth columnists to infiltrate N. Africa and american coup d'etats to continue unnoticed in the middle east...
thank you julian assange for helping bring to justice the people responsible for the drone that massacred civilians and had its camera recordings leaked
torrents are good to use as a rhetorical foot-in-the-door when trying to get people to question western property rights. point out how the near-collapse of the music industry has done nothing the slow down the innovation of music as an art form, that sort of thing. "would you download a car" fuck yeah i would. a system considers it wrong to get something at no cost to anyone else is self-evidently insane

AmericanNazbro posted:

wikileaks is maybe a rung under that preacher who burned a koran and got a bunch of marines killed.

Rightists will always be better at getting Troops killed than leftists. This is why I've been considering becoming a Young Republican at SF State.

Illegal downloading spurs innovation. The way we get our media has changed more as a reaction to illegal downloading than it has from any other factor since television
One might say that it was the internet itself that did that but in reality the media companies were still sticking to the same business model developed in the 1940s and are today still fighting it
Watch this if you haven't already:

http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2011/7/5/watch_full_video_of_wikileaks_julian_assange_philosopher_slavoj_iek_with_amy_goodman

Has zizek so lf should love it, but Assange talking about wikileaks, his philosophy, and the nature of power is the real star of the show.
honestly i cant believe you like assange bhpn but then again you are an idiot so....
Assange is p cool imho

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

honestly i cant believe you like assange bhpn but then again you are an idiot so....

game recognize game

getfiscal posted:

anticapitalism is about short-circuiting value flows not simply siphoning from them

anticapitalism is about capitalism

Goethestein posted:

In the last 40 years, the world's most effective anticapitalist organization has been The Pirate Bay. What must now amount to tens of billions of dollars of stolen media has filtered through this nexus to the proletarians, from an openly renegade, international operation always one step ahead of the legal reach of Capital.

While other so-called revolutionary organizations have been staffed by bisexual teens ineffectually griping at things, the torrenters of the world have granted us all with joyous mana from heaven, ad-free, no-cost books, movies, television, videogames, plays, and software, by the trillions of kilobytes, accessible 24 hours a day, by way of community action and selfless reciprocity. They easily defeat the fumbling attempts by corporate power to stop them, and today capital has gotten so desperate that the leaders are today being illegally seized and renditioned, held without charges from guerrilla raids around the world.

Consider how much retail value in stolen merchandise you have gotten from these heroes, how much broader is your horizon of media. Consider the anguished howls and incoherent cracker doublespeak of the aggrieved conglomerates. Destroy advertising and you shake capitalism to its foundations. I am gay.

I know it's kind of trite to say this, but, it was a dark and stormy night...

speaking of illegal downloading someone give me their old wc3 key i want 2 play again and pwn nubs and i got a mouse to plug into my laptop from my girlfriends house today
wikileaks is ok but assange is a narcisistic idiot who should've stepped down as the head of wikileaks the moment those rape allegations surfaced

thx for reading

love,
Hitler
he can't step down. he knows too much. he knows... the formula for coca-cola
your welcome hitler
Hmmm. I'd love to discuss this with you but you don't posses the intellectual apparatus to even begin to understand the underlying means and methods of the fail aids meme. *suddenly appears right inside your personal space* Mmmmmarrrrrrrrrrx
There's really no evidence that Assange is a narcissist
I have Fail AIDS.
i can't help but think of the introduction to anti-oedipus, where they are talking revolutionaries using the same force of the govt to hold power over the masses and why he didn't step down, i only made it through that introduction, fucking i can't read about machines and flows
THIS is like 20x more anti-capitalist than you... FUCKERS!

Crow posted:

THIS is like 20x more anti-capitalist than you... FUCKERS!