pictured: Tom and Fedallah
yeah what the fuck happened to bf over the past several years? I've discerned a total degeneration of sorts. Tsk tsk, knick knick. To where went TheoryAGamben Bro? That was some REAL "College Humour". It's all malaise now. 4 shame.
reading old treads you can say the same abt most of the zzone

eccentricdeathmongrel posted:

yeah what the fuck happened to bf over the past several years? I've discerned a total degeneration of sorts. Tsk tsk, knick knick. To where went TheoryAGamben Bro? That was some REAL "College Humour". It's all malaise now. 4 shame.

what do u bring to the table asshole

look at all the gibberish replies this thread got and tell me why i dont talk abt politics on here anymore

classic Tom

dank_xiaopeng posted:

classic Tom

i trying to be better

be the change u wish to see in the world, thomas
leavetomalone.jpg

haah that kid has a blowhole
thanks for the effortposts guys/gals, i upvoted all the ones that seemed serious and thoughtful

this was my first time seeing this thread, thanks for trying to provoke and teach at the same time

Edited by Themselves ()

babyfinland posted:

eccentricdeathmongrel posted:

what do u bring to the table asshole

look at all the gibberish replies this thread got and tell me why i dont talk abt politics on here anymore

You want to know what I bring to the table? Do a Google Image Search for "Novelty Birthday Cake" and then fucking address me. Ding-Dong Motherfucker.

[account deactivated]
Marxism is superior to competing 'progressive' or 'liberatory' ideologies because it offers a coherent and realistic framework for an historical break with class society. Of course no ideology can lay claim to the entire landscape of human emancipation and flourishing but what of it, we really do live in a world dominated by a ruling class and administered by state apparati that exist serve that ruling class so a lot of this stuff seems really academic. In the post-Soviet era there's been plenty of 're-examination' but I really don't make much of it because it all either ultimately resolves into either Marxism or liberal democracy or (more likely) just doesn't go anywhere at all.
i think a good way to counter libertarians talking about how bad the state is to reiterate how the state functions as the apparatus of the bourgeoisie, which is really really easy today with all of the reporting on revolving doors of regulatory bodies, lobbies and so on.

c_man posted:

i think a good way to counter libertarians talking about how bad the state is to reiterate how the state functions as the apparatus of the bourgeoisie, which is really really easy today with all of the reporting on revolving doors of regulatory bodies, lobbies and so on.

except their usual response is "and thats why we should make the state smaller"

you're correct in trying to frame it in terms of class though. i think the important thing is getting them to see the state as a tool of a class rather than one of two forces in society (state vs individuals)

i think the important thing is getting them to see the state as a tool of a class rather than one of two forces in society (state vs individuals)

this worldview has been baked into "first principles" for these libertarians though, and they're generally hostile to historical examples while still having very Bad conceptions of history itself

sadly, any time ive attempted to deconstruct what a libertarians understands to be the "state" versus their concept of what/how a private institution would handle various functions/services, there's not very much interest in teasing apart or detailing out the core of their beliefs

Panopticon posted:

c_man posted:

except their usual response is "and thats why we should make the state smaller"

you're correct in trying to frame it in terms of class though. i think the important thing is getting them to see the state as a tool of a class rather than one of two forces in society (state vs individuals)

"the only parts of the state that it's possible to shrink are those that represent the underclass" and so on and so forth

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

what is the state and how do we tell how big it is

I think I tried to bring this up a couple years ago on here. Still trying to figure it out tbh... .. iGamben/comp studies.....

BF's threads on the first page of LF: "we are listening to music" "old white guys watching baseball" "rhizzone daily affirmation thread" and "we are making food"

for someone whos complaining abt gibberish thats not very highminded shit? you turd, you monstrous FUckre, is this an elaborate troll, a commentary on what tHE rHizzonE has become? im calling you out, thomas. thomas. thomas. are you listening. im on to you. no more games
l'état, c'est moi
-judge dredd

dank_xiaopeng posted:

BF's threads on the first page of LF: "we are listening to music" "old white guys watching baseball" "rhizzone daily affirmation thread" and "we are making food"

for someone whos complaining abt gibberish thats not very highminded shit? you turd, you monstrous FUckre, is this an elaborate troll, a comentary on what tHE rHizzonE has become? im calling you out, thomas. thomas. thomas. are you listening. im on to you. no more games

shhh *puts fingers to ur lips*

dont think you can put the smooth on me, you nordic succubus
tom of finland will find his way into your hole heart yet