[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

russians don't drink as much as I thought they did. they are the more really sad swaying-in-public-on-the-metro-escalator-at-10am drunks than the brits, who are pissing and throwing up everywhere at 7pm on a wednesday drunks

that's more a function of russians being able to handle their liquor.

on a side note, the economic situation in serbia has gotten so bad that a lot of people just can't afford to drink alcohol anymore. like grocery stores barely have a couple bottles of decent stuff.

I got a kick out of a story I heard from a returned missionary who went to russia (in the area of saratov) and had to tell everyone at every party he went to that "I really don't drink, like do not consume alcohol at all" because "I don't drink" only gets you out of every other toast and not all of them. thats cool. where not drinking means, actually, drinking a lot.

Goethestein posted:

you can sort that wiki link by type of booze (beer, wine, spirits) and the south koreans drink almost 50% more spirits than the russians

Only because soju counts as a spirit.

ok i got a really good story from last nite this time. i was at the bar and a got into a conversation with a 20 something black dude who was calling trots liberals and said he was a hoxhaist. this really happened lol i am still in disbelief tbh.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

ok i got a really good story from last nite this time. i was at the bar and a got into a conversation with a 20 something black dude who was calling trots liberals and said he was a hoxhaist. this really happened lol i am still in disbelief tbh.

haha, yeah?? well a black dude liked a comment I made on Facebook yesterday. yep, sorta a big deal over here at the moment.

i don't understand how you guys jump over every single time i mention something related to a poc or something like im bragging about interacting with them. lol one time i mentioned playing cards with some 'african' guys and everyone just changed it to 'black guys' even tho they were arabs hahahahwut
hahaha look it he playin wit african guys who chang in to black guys Mon. Gagaga roy proper fockin... wit it yea akakakaka Fokin chompin block blokes doin tings over changin dem

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i don't understand how you guys jump over every single time i mention something related to a poc or something like im bragging about interacting with them. lol one time i mentioned playing cards with some 'african' guys and everyone just changed it to 'black guys' even tho they were arabs hahahahwut

that is pretty funny. you must be an interesting guy.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

so what's the story

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

that's "citizen hoxha", he's an underground hip hop sensation

citizen hoxha coming straight out of tirana
i smoke revisionists like you smoke marijuana
i dont hustle for paper and i don't take heroin
i love stalin more than kennedy loved marilyn

getfiscal posted:

citizen hoxha coming straight out of tirana
i smoke revisionists like you smoke marijuana
i dont hustle for paper and i don't take heroin
i love stalin more than kennedy loved marilyn

Used to be Marxist dreamin’ now I’m pyramid scheming,
Made a grab for the cash, fell apart like Lehman
Got a fresh new Merc from the streets of Bern
My cousin ships me hot wheels I send girls in return

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

why is it important that the dude's black? now we can see who the REAL racist is.

because most of the black leftists i studied with and have met are generally more postmodern and not into orthodox marxism and i thought it was an interesting thing to note.
MY BLACK NON-ORTHODOX MARXIST AQUAINTANCE
postmodernism is gaey

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

MY BLACK NON-ORTHODOX MARXIST AQUAINTANCE

most of the BLACK PEOPLE i studeid with when i was in ORGANIZING AT THE LEFTIST STUDENT GROUP where i MET MY GIRLFRIEND

blacks are like the most nonrevisionist people i know. *drops mic* *picks mic back up and starts rappin again lol* Yo yo yo
i've never met a black person what are they like

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

i've never met a black person what are they like

Some cool some not cool... a land of contrasts kinda

they are really scary and intimidating, avoid at all costs, cross the street. you may encounter them often loitering outside barber shops, liquor stores, or corner markets. if asked for a cigarette just scream and run as fast as you can

aerdil posted:

they are really scary and intimidating, avoid at all costs, cross the street. you may encounter them often loitering outside barber shops, liquor stores, or corner markets. if asked for a cigarette just scream and run as fast as you can

Ah cool, yeah that reflects what we learnt in cultural studies at at UNSW

remember when getfiscal talked about bein a trainspotting guy but for western communist parties of the 20th century? Well imagine him doing THAT seeing a bob avakian communist in the street. he does THAT!
[account deactivated]

Crow posted:

remember when getfiscal talked about bein a trainspotting guy but for western communist parties of the 20th century? Well imagine him doing THAT seeing a bob avakian communist in the street. he does THAT!

lol

OH MY GOD!! LISTEN TO THAT SYNTHESIS! OH THIS PAMPHLET IS BEAUTIFUL! THIS INTERPRETATION OF LABOR ARISTOCRACY IS BEATUIFUL YEA!! *flaps pamphlet in young man or woman's face* THIS IS SPECIAL, THIS IS SPECIAL!
woo-HOO!! *honks ISO collegekid's nose* AH
i cancelled plans with a friend so i could go to an anarchist meeting last weekend. that's addiction.

Crow posted:

OH MY GOD!! LISTEN TO THAT SYNTHESIS! OH THIS PAMPHLET IS BEAUTIFUL! THIS INTERPRETATION OF LABOR ARISTOCRACY IS BEATUIFUL YEA!! *flaps pamphlet in young man or woman's face* THIS IS SPECIAL, THIS IS SPECIAL!

the Finsbury Communist Association...

[account deactivated]
a lot of women on okcupid say that their ideal man does not take themselves too seriously. and i always wonder where i'd fall on that scale. i mean the constant jokes are obviously a shield for heart-attack-seriousness about life.

getfiscal posted:

a lot of women on okcupid say that their ideal man does not take themselves too seriously. and i always wonder where i'd fall on that scale. i mean the constant jokes are obviously a shield for heart-attack-seriousness about life.

probably thats what they mean then. as long as you can laugh about it rather than mope and bring em down, and be all pessimistic and moodkillin

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

fringus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlD8KQbR6bY&t=14m20s

lol

[account deactivated]